Mana potions need a nerf

Even when they don’t get stuck, all they do is drag on matches that should’ve been over way faster.

1 Like

I think they belong right next to Wildcards and Stars in that they’re nice in limited quantities, but many of the Troops that specialize in creating them share the same color, making it too easy to loop them.

Otherwise, I’d be game that matches made after a Mana Potion could (should?) be blocked from triggering a Mana Surge (which is already the case with Wildcards). The only problem here being how to actually, consistently apply such a rule…

the problem with mana potions isn’t the actual mana its generating, its how long the animation is to pop open, then spray a bunch orbs all of the place, then probably trigger another surge of mana potions and continue the cycle. (And then to lock-up bug as added insult to injury)

its not really much of a problem until you get to pvp when mana potion get chosen as the areas heroic gem.

4 Likes

I know a nerf. A super easy one.

PEOPLE CAN STOP VOTING FOR MANA POTIONS EVERY WEEK!!!

9 Likes

if only we had that kind of coordination, alliances would have work as intended
if only we had that kind of coordination, gems of war would have taken a different development path after epic tasks

4 Likes

I like them. Sorry.

It’s so ridiculous that I can’t help but watch the cascades and lmao

1 Like

And when the potions get stuck and make you waste a turn? even when not bugged I dont like battle times beingn doubled sometimes

Agree…but I got chastised for suggesting in Alliance Chat that players not vote for these. Apparently some feel it makes their “teams stronger” and some do not care about speed…

That’s admittedly a PVP specific issue, because otherwise there are literally only 8 Troops with any relation to Mana Potion gems.

And … at least it’s still faster than one casting of Titan’s Bane, am I right?

Yeah, the voting was a good idea in theory but is not great in practice: the crowd always votes for the same favorites – mana potions, giant gems, dragon gems – every time they come up and the result is that we get a lot less variety in restrictions than we could have,

2 Likes

No, they don’t need to get nerfed as such. Their drop rate from the sky in the mana potions region does. They drop like crazy, sometimes it takes a minute at 4x to resolve all mana potions when they start falling!

4 Likes

This. Generally, all weekly heroic gems in regions seem to have too high of a drop rate.

6 Likes

I don’t mind having them… but the rate seems to be identical for all types, while their actual “power to affect gameplay” is completely different. There’s a world of a difference between the flood of mana potions and, say, booty gems.

3 Likes

That’s just the side-effect of what the game became over the years: players want mana generation for spell casting above anything else, to make battles faster. It’s just that the flood of mana potions makes the battles anything but faster :rofl:

PS. Some outer regions restrictions possible don’t really have kingdom-only / tribe-only teams that would be quick, so they are less popular. For the love of me, I can’t understand the appeal of goblins either - they loop nicely, yes, but they hit wit wet noodles and the battles take forever, even without mana potions falling from the sky :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh don’t get me started on Goblins too - every time they all vote for goblins, and again slow down play speed. Even if you just want to do basic PVP goals don’t you want to get them done faster?

Generally players vote for the best and fastest things I must say, but the Mana Potions and Goblins are really bad choices. Maybe GMs should spread the word?

5 Likes

I used to enjoy them, but the PVP bug right now grinds all my enjoyment into dust. Please nerf!

I was joking if no one was getting that. :sweat_smile:

No one wants to set aside their mobile and do something else while the potions resolve. Though it was funny the first time or two, honestly.

But it is not the potions themselves, it’s that too many drop.

Which is hilariously bad. Can’t do anything but laugh at this point.

All joking aside, I can live with the potions even though it’s ridiculous but goblins are annoying. Even on my own team. Kind of not fun anymore…

Were they ever, except the first few weeks of playing, when goblins were the only thing that allowed a new player to survive? :rofl: Not to me, certainly.

Yeah, years ago, before Gobtruffle got a nerf. But only as your team. Against them was more annoying than it is now.

1 Like