Mana potions need a nerf

I want whatever gem that affects the battle the least

2 Likes

Can I add my favorite comparison?

(albeit not for the reason you're thinking...)

Mario Kart DS.
Its online play involved matchmaking four players, then allowing the group to vote on which track they’ll race – most votes wins. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, you probably spotted it already: players are allowed to pick from ANY track in the game, and with a total of just 4 votes, the result can only ever split a few different ways: 4-0, 3-1, 2-2, 2-1-1, and 1-1-1-1. Functionally, if any two players vote for the same track as each other, the game is almost guaranteed to select that for the next race (the only variety being if the results split 2-2).

Obviously, those familiar with the “snaking” technique would spam the easiest courses in the game during course selection (notably the “Figure-8 Circuit”), making it difficult to play literally any other track in the game online.

Later games changed the system so that everyone (which was 8-12 players) gets the same choice of 3 tracks to vote for (with a fourth option for “random”), after which the game will select one of the votes at random. So the more players vote for the same course, the more likely it is to be selected, but it’s never guaranteed.

I think a similar system to that could work here: after the votes are tallied, select one of the options at random (weighted by however many players voted for each one) – e.g. if the top options come out as 50% > 30% > 10% > other, that establishes the probability of each option being selected as the result.

Or for a more simple/stupid system, whichever vote won the last round is ineligible for re-election.

1 Like

A certain High King would disagree.
That’s actually why I like goblins, though. The lore around goblins in most fantasy settings is that they’re weak but fast and have large numbers. That’s shown in GoW as having them do low damage but guaranteed extra turns. If you build a good team with them, especially with one troop or weapon that’s more powerful, you can chain attacks to quickly take down powerful opponents. The problem is that the enemy AI sucks with them, and many people don’t build good teams with them (possibly due to not having the right troops, I’m not saying they’re bad at it, necessarily), and it’s even worse if the AI picks the team, so playing against goblin teams is often either quick and boring or long-winded and boring. But using them can be a lot of fun.

unless you get good skull drops devouring them one by one with irongut is still slow, and thats only if you have his attack at a high %, if not its really slow

1 Like

I don’t usually bother with skull drops, since Irongut isn’t first up on my team. Much faster to have him lower and mana generator’s above him. Cast one or two of them, then Irongut, then repeat. Takes a while, yeah, compared to some other teams, but you don’t lose the turn and it’s the same speed no matter how powerful your opponents are (as long as they aren’t immune).
And, as long as his attack is over 50, it only takes a few casts (at most) to devour an enemy and lift his attack over 100, at which point he succeeds every time, and it’s only a few repeat casts to end the match.
It’s not the fastest team ever, but if you build it well it can go really fast once it gets past a certain point and starts cycling. And there’s something about devouring enemy troops and using their stats against the rest of the team I enjoy, so even if it’s a bit slower, I like that team. It’s not for everyone, though.

One good troop (that requires a lot of building around and more goblins are rarely it, HKI works best in teams that are composed of troops & weapons that can increase its attack to 100+, not with other weak goblins - I love it in delves, I hate it in PvP) doesn’t save the entire tribe to me. It’s all nice when you are in control (but even then, the battles take forever due to the low, low damage per cast), but when you lose control (like, no match-4 at the start of the battle/on second player turn/freeze takes effect on player’s team and clears from enemy team quickly, and you’re not always using goblins against goblins), you can only watch AI loop you to death, and it can sometimes take a few minutes, because they are so weak. I said it many, many times - this is the worst gaming experience I can think of; I hit the play button on any game to PLAY it, not to watch AI play the enemy for more time than I will get to play myself. Withdrawing from such battles is also something I don’t want to do - again, I want to play, NOT withdraw from pointless battles. Granted, not only goblins are guilty of such fantastic looping, but the loop is built into them, coupled with wet noodles… I don’t like my battles longer than they need to be - and using goblins always, always makes them longer than they need to be.