Make a wish

:grimacing: :cry: butā€¦ butā€¦ ummmā€¦ because iā€™m color blind, so I only have one colored orbs :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Using an ascension or power orb on a troop is bad enough, but using it on a hero class is the single biggest mistake you can make in the game. Ascension orbs on a hero class donā€™t even give you class XP, just credit towards the 250 wins needed for the class weapon.

4 Likes

That is a good point, didnā€™t know thatā€¦ my sister uses them to hero classes, iā€™m gonna have a talk with her :thinking: :laughing:

As much as I like Wars I would not want it more often. It would be nice to have another guild vs guild event but I have no clue what that would look like. I like competitive gaming more than I like endless mindless grinding. Even on Gnome weekends I can only play for an hour or 2 before Iā€™m bored out my mind. You can only use so many of the same resources til itā€™s basically not worth time spent. The new kingdoms ever so often were nice. It gave you another use for your saved keys.

1 Like

@rojo I think many of the players agree with you, the game needs some kind of new big competitive event, but I donā€™t think they have the time to be creating one right now, because they are working on skyworld or heaven or something that must be coming after underworld has all the factionsā€¦ I would love to be there when something like that comes out, to be there admiring something new and grand with other players. Underworld was way underway when I started playing.

Are they really? As much as I remember that was just a very vague idea they toyed with several years back when they still talked about roadmaps. They also mentioned a few other things that havenā€™t happened, like expanding the pet system to provide much more bonus variety, e.g. pets that enhance status effects like poison. I suspect Gems of War might no longer feature prominent enough in their plans to warrant any new major features, all updates the past year have been ratherā€¦ lean.

I forgot the ā€œI wishā€ part from my messageā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t avoid soulforge. You actually donā€™t need to spend that many souls to forge things, and with better troops and weapons youā€™ll probably get souls faster.

Also, if you donā€™t have rope dart, please get that when it comes to the forge in a bit. You might otherwise have to wait years to get it.

Some things are so seldom in the forgeā€¦ but kingdoms can be upgraded any time.

3 Likes

especialy catching pharos-ra early might be a good way to speed up collecting souls

1 Like

I took a deep breath and spend some time going through the soulforge. I felt like terberos on Fifth Avenue, my empty pockets started to feel heavy from all the shame as people kept staring at me, their eyes whispering - You donā€™t belong here, not yetā€¦ nuh, never been to FA, but in the forge there is a chance to convert diamonds to souls, I really, really wanna do that, so for once I hope youā€™ll all just nod and give me that cool face thumbs up :fearful:

NEVER EVER convert diamonds to souls. Thatā€™s the absolutely worst thing one could do - as souls just lie around everywhere and you only have to pick them up.
Diamonds are too valuable for crafting troops/weapons to throw them in trashbin for souls.

6 Likes

No thumbs up, this feels more appropriate:

Souls are common as dirt, anybody can farm a few thousand just playing a quarter of an hour, no matter the level. Diamonds are insanely rare and canā€™t be farmed, they are the main bottleneck that keeps you from catching up, by crafting weapons and mythic troops you donā€™t own yet.

6 Likes

Absolutely do not convert diamonds to souls. Souls can be grinded infinitely and easily. Diamonds are what get you the best mythics.

1 Like

I had my finger on the button while I was having my morning coffee. So many souls available with just a flick of the wristā€¦ but once again it was wise to ask you people. I would have felt bad afterwards and now that I think of it, the amount of souls really wasnā€™t that grandā€¦

1 Like

Don your soul armor, play Arena. Itā€™s even Arena weekend, youā€™ll get some extra baubles thrown in.

1 Like

Keep your diamonds, and if you donā€™t have him yet, get yourself a Pharos-Ra when heā€™s in the forge next time.

Iā€™d never craft anything but good (!) weapons and mythics. I would not even craft legendary troops unless youā€™re really desperate to get a certain one.

ETA: Unless you have diamonds in abundance, then you could craft stuff for completion/kingdom stars.

1 Like

That you would all subscribe! Blows out candle

This came to mind as I was having my morning coffee and chatting with my guild mates. The most active ones go to sleep as I wake up, or at least pretend to do so :laughing: Iā€™m usually left there for a few minutes, staring at the wall, waiting for replyā€¦ So how about a green/red light icon in the chat, guild roster or the player profile to tell if player is online. I think the ā€œlast seenā€ only updates if you actually play the game :thinking:

I came here firstly because l have been sent here to report a bug, so l assume, (but l am maybe wrong) this forum is mainly for reporting errors, bugs or other game related problems. I have been here also for a year or so because l think this is the best match3 game on the net with its variety of challenges, with its beautifully created artworks, its player-friendly customer service and l could go on and on.
So, its good side:
the variety of cards,
the daily challenges,
the treasure maps games
the constant colours of the gems - it gives me the feeling of safety that my game is always according to the same rule.
the pvp battles, though sometimes l feel as if l played with a computer instead because the opponents remains the same for days or weeks, what is strange.
I like that l can get new cards and effects from time to time, eg. lycanthropy which brings more challenge to the game, and l like this forum too where l can report the bugs and errors and read other playerā€™s
complaints.
What I dislike:
Diamonds are extrememly rare. I get too many cards that l already have and only a few that l need. It is not balanced.
The monetarization, that l think tend to goes into the other side of the horse since l have started to play. I hate being nagging every minute to pay to pay.
The new changes of the Arena which costs too much and is too boring with the level 12-15 cards. I understand though, that it can be very great for some new players, but l think it should be acceptable for almost everyone, for new and old players too.
I am very hoping that there are enough players to maintain this great game for a long long time.

1 Like

@parikl I came here to get answers and people here are very polite, answering my every question no matter how stupid some of them have been.

I would love to play more of these, but the rewards are more easily/faster harvested from other game modes. People here donā€™t seem to think very highly about treasure hunt, but I think they donā€™t hate the concept, just the prizes making it mostly useless at the moment.

Hunting those troops that I donā€™t have is great, I think the challenge is balanced, but for people who are only missing a few ones itā€™s probably different. At the moment Iā€™m happy for getting tons of those same basic troops which have already reached mythic rarity, so I can just trade the extra copies for souls that I very much need.