Lust For Life

Originally published at: Lust For Life – Gems of War

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Sibyl of Lust

Sibyl of Lust will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Doomed Weapon: Doomed Crossbow

This week it will be available in both the Tower of Doom shop, and in the Soulforge.

2 Likes

Weapon looks good.

Contains sharp parts, not suitable for Orcs.
INT requirement not met.

Since a sibyl is a prophetess, does that mean the Sibyl of Lust can…see it coming?

16 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I see you :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s the same as the 2 Doom weapons before it just different colors. :grinning:

@Amadan back with the good puns!

The troop explodes a few gems and does nothing else? She is even restricted to explode only one color and and can explode even less as you lose allies.

The last drops of creativity or interest on making good troops went down the drain pipe…

She explodes one right off the bat, then is already almost filled too, and can’t be silenced. Plus she only costs 9 which I thiiiiiiink makes her the cheapest exploder in the game? I like her. shrug

1 Like

That honor goes to firebomb at 4 mana, but the only other troop that explodes more than one is the revenant at 7 mana. All of the others explode only one gem that are cheaper than this troop.

She could just as well have Empowered and her Omen could provide mana to a troop below her who also uses Purple…

How can the devs think this troop is objectively an ultra-rare without any other effect on her spell? We have rares and commons better at doing something like generating mana, and the fact that explosions of few gems are undermined by the nerfs doesn’t helps her.

Adding Charm a random enemy could work to keep her on the Lust theme and make a whole difference. Or maybe even adding the new debuff Curse to the first enemy would be something, but she is stuck exploding gems for (mostly) her own gain while generating some meager mana of whatever gems currently around the purpleshe will explode…

Being the cheapest exploder doesn’t means she needs to be the most useless too, most of the small exploder do something at least. :skull:

Man, I guess she must really suck at her job if you don’t love her

3 Likes

In order:
Being mad at the troop.Reading you commentary.
Loosing it...Loosing it harder...

But jokes aside, come on Devs, what’s wrong with you? Can you lot really say this troop is fine as it is?

3 Likes

I wonder how many Eevees ally with demons. Umbreons maybe?

Edit: @Saltypatra @Cyrup typo to fix :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it because it’s a dark type?

I mean, Ultra-Rare is the middle rarity, right? That’s for troops of average power. Which is what I’m seeing here. She does something neat, but would be really cool if she did just a little extra.

The meat on most teams are Legendaries and Mythics. You aren’t going to get something that strong for Glory unless the devs screw up. I’d argue the places where a Common/Rare does “more” than this troop are places where the devs screwed up.

Every week I buy enough of the glory troop to make it mythic. Every week I have more glory than the last. That tells me it’s not the place where exciting troops will often be found.

(That said, I agree it seems odd a troop with the Lust theme wouldn’t have a charm effect.)

An exploder that much limited would make sense at lower rarity and yet it wouldn’t be right to have it just doing that…

No wonder Phoenixia is spoiled with a subpar half-assed copy of Infernus’ mythic trait. Geez…

Not every troop has to be designed with player use in mind…

Think about a high-level scaled delve room with a daemon team with this unit. Hundreds of total health + armor to chew threw, can explode on the first red/purple match, and can then explode again every 9 mana?

She’s going to be a nightmare in delves once she starts showing up in daemon team delve rooms.

3 Likes

Still worse than every other lesser troop who can generate a handful amount of gems and still deal some damage. Should the devs just make these troops worse to be on the same level of this shameful excuse for a weekly release? This troop will never be threat in any configuration thanks to her spell and effects, if i shove 200 points on each stats of a Peasant he’ll be a threat of some kind, but still crap…

Now I’ve got Iggy Pop in my head.

3 Likes