Loving the game, but I lack direction

I always joke that this weapon is named by its usage, the hero may walk funny for a while… :rofl:

Anyway, yes Deepstone is an old weapon and it could be available again in U$5,00 bundles in the shop, but it’s not worth it even if you want to show some appreciation to the game with small purchases. The only weapons in these bundles, that would be nice additions to have in my opinion are: Sun and Moon, Crescendo and Eternal Flame.

All the other weapons that are not from events will eventually be unlocked as you level up and increases your Gem Mastery. Lyya’s site have all the weapons listed and you can check what masteries are required to unlock such weapons: Weapons - Gems of War Database

One personal favorite of mine if you want to farm explore while also doing some daily task involving random teams is Black Manacles. (21 Purple and Brown Gem Masteries)

It deals damage to all enemies and have a chance to devour one of them, using the hero upfront will work out specially if he devours someone for extra stats. And some Brown or Purple Generators are pretty commom like Giant Spider or Deep Borer.

1 Like

Thanks yet again. :slight_smile:

Using the Anus Sceptre with my goblins for now. Time to start building multiple teams, unlock more classes, and figure out what to spend 900 gems on when I already have death knight armour.

Oh neat, got a goblin king! He doesn’t synergise particularly well with my goblins, in terms of mana, but I’ve already shut down a few teams by virtue of his HP ballooning to an uncontrollable level, summoned goblins soaking up the damage.

Although since hitting level 145 my PvP opponents are much harder. Seeing a lot of nasty constructs that give 30 armour when they use their ability, which results in some disgusting steamrolls.

I need to get myself one.

More than likely they are guild troops that you get out of guild chests with your seals.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m seeing a pattern in my guild fights - clean up the first four, then hit a Paragon who’s level 1200 and has fully traited out mythic cards. Even my goblins can’t stand up to that!

Does anyone have suggestions for fun, themed decks? Stuff like an undead necromancer using solely undead cards, for example?

For competitive gameplay i think one of the best, and cheapest in a sense, team out there would be:
It requires every troop fully traited to benefit the most of all sinergies and resources gained (Souls from Valkyrie). I know it’s not a team so easy to assemble and upgrade, but compared to every other cheaper option this is by far the most versatile and competitive. Even in battles where Mab can’t do anything you can just push for the victory using the other three, in every other scenario her normal damage is not a waste even if paired with Khorvash’s true damage, because it reduces armor which will probably soften the enemies enough for skull kills.

You should keep this composition saved/noted for when you get these troops while also waiting for a chance to buy the glory packs with the traitstones you’ll need.

This thread might help with fun thematic teams, but some compositions might not be so good anymore: GoW Team Build Compendium

I’ll try to add more suggestions later.

2 Likes

That’s a wonderful suggestion!..which is way above me, haha. Thanks for it though, and for linking that thread. Gives me something to work towards.

Yeah, sometimes i fear some “veteran insight” feels quite overwhelming, mostly because we veterans already achieved so much and also we forget how things are a little slow when you start.

But you should take it easy, no need to stress over the game and try to rush things to a point you get tired of playing.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for sharing your views.

1 Like

So, thanks again for all your feedback guys. For now I think this thread has run its course - despite some niggles with the daily Dungeons, and facing all mythic teams, I’m having a blast and am now fielding several teams. Working on crossing out all the quests and challenges for now.

This game broke Warcraft’s hold. Not bad for a bloody match three game.

3 Likes

I am guessing you mean Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness. That game is the bomb. NO clue what this World of Warcraft was.

1 Like