Lots of Previews - Guild Wars, Crafting, Dungeons, and more!

He did talk about defense changes but those will require an update. So it’s in the works but not something to be done solely on the server side of things.

I wish they used a different week length, so for example instead of Sunday being a special event, it would be every 5th day. For people that can’t play on specific days this would vary it around so that sometimes they could participate.

1 Like

on the contrary, with less emphasis on losing troops and additional emphasis on other stats, (mana generated, damage taken/received) instakill spells and effects aren’t as damaging to your overall score, thus less important as options on defense teams. Sure drain, death mark, and devour will still have a place, but these changes will also make other stuff like heals (more turns to kill everything) or huge AoE damage (lower damage effiency) viable options to keep your opponents from getting max points.

Basically the point of defense is to win, and if you can’t win to deny as many points as possible. In the old system the only way to deny points was to kill troops. With 3 other factors determining the final score, there may be better ways to deny those points other than just killing troops.

1 Like

People will also put their best defense against their biggest rivals so they score less points

So #1 and #2 team will probably need to fight against VjM or kerby team more often then others :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought a cool suggestion was Gw every other week

1 Like

I guess to a point…but those meta troops still accomplish those things already…famine can do a ton of damage and stall out the match…if devour and Deathmark insta-kills count as dealing damage that can be a lot of damage…looping beast teams can pack quite a punch in damage & mana gathering.

There’s no real reason to change away from those troops at this point on defense - they’re effective and proven. Guess we’ll see in either case if there’s any impact on it before the 3.1.5 updates.

All of that is true, but consider Krystenax casting once for 120 damage, and taking all that damage costs you 50 points. win or lose, That Krystenax cast is now worth just as many points as a Kerb devour, maybe more so, as healing all that damage is a lot harder than replacing the lost troop.

Until we get our hands on it and see how much each of these factors into the scores we won’t really know what the meta is. And with 4 different factors, solving the meta will take significantly longer than it did the first time around with only one factor.

2 Likes

At least on console we don’t have to wait one single second to discover the meta: Justice League is capable of wiping the Invasion team clean as soon as it fills… close to 0 points.

thought the fix was inbound already? if not, i really hope you guys get it soon.

I don’t know if this is a serious comment or trolling comment. :confused:

Console is getting everything soon

wasn’t trolling. see what happens when I use small words :frowning:
how about this: I hope your meta issues are solved before too long.

better?

2 Likes

Looks great

Only on GW battles or everywhere? 10% is nothing… Better to remove it… Or to remove the possibility to combine two +25% bonus (so, no more +50% only 25%).

These new rules are highly RNG dependant:
1. Bad board at the beggining and you will loose this bonus. Oh and Famine says “Hello!”.
2. With the new “fair” amount of cascades for the AI, boost of the mana surge on 4+ or 5+ matches, it’s highly random. Are you sure you didn’t want to say: “Good players miss less 4+ or 5+ matches” (so on, a sort of ratio between “4+ or 5+ taken” and “total number of 4+ or 5+ during the battle”).
3. This one depends mainly of tha mana collected so more or less the same than 2..
You should know that features based on RNG make the players frustrated and we will see “AI is cheating and getting more mana than me”, etc.

My simple suggestion is if one player wants to maximize the number of GW points, he will need to fulfill only 2 or 3 rules so we don’t have to create a team with a summoner, a mana generator, a high damage dealer and with one similar color.

There is only one other tweak that I think should have been discussed: more freedom to play the 30 GW battles during the week. Moreover, now that we will have to do 3 different battles in the Dungeon, one player could have to choose between doing his GW battles or the Dungeon ones…

7 Likes

I love it all.

The only change not mentioned that still is necessary imo. Ability to play battles on any day.

3 Likes

Honestly I don’t know what to think about these changes.

I’m not a big fan of having to play this game every god damn day. Dungeon battles will be daily requirements to get the stones you need yes??

5 Likes

Is there a tldr version? Lol, sorry at work. :wink:

Tl;Dr version:

Yes you will.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see what the crafting process ultimately is. It appears the boss fights are a limiting factor so people who have thousands of resources sitting doing nothing don’t get such a huge crafting advantage over people who haven’t played as long. I wonder if the same purpose wouldn’t have been better and more easily served by putting a limit on how crafting can be done per day.

GW coming back next week is sooner than expected.

Only 3 battle every day you will be done in 15 min and yes it suck cause i would like to play that mode infinitely it look very cool with the perks

Yes, that’s good for people who can play every day and is certainly not a luxury I have. I also have multiple accounts. 15mins I wish. :wink:

2 Likes