Lore and Order

After using him last week, I should have known he would turn against me immediately!
316 x 2 = 632 damage right on first cast is way too strong! :scream:

20200831173804_1

Also, Example of how score work. Maximum of Tomb's point is likely 3x, like previous formula for ranged score

When you cast his spell, do we get a simulation of the law and order sound?

3 Likes

Let’s see:
I get 9 daemonic lore for Tome of Evil 110 fight, my brother gets 27 lore for the same Tome of Evil 110 fight.
Then I get 14 for level 135, he gets 20. Fine, on level 160 his 11 lore is less than mine 15 lore, but still - I’m not impressed, to say the least.
Must wait and see how it progresses as the week goes by.

4 Likes

I’m not a fan of the “other players will randomly get 3x the score for the same battle” scoring system. :-1:

3 Likes

Yeah, while the increasing base is nice, 3x is way too much of a variance, as it worth more the farther the game progress.

For example.

• (3 * 10) + (3 * 11) + 12 + 13 = 30 + 33 + 25 = 88
  • 10 + 11 + (12 * 3) + (13 * 3) = 21 + 36 + 39 = 96

So it can feel like getting 3x right now mean nothing if you can’t get it again later, like someone else did.

That’s the point. We shouldn’t just sastified with just how it work in the guild reward system. Making it so luck-based to compete in the leaderboard is such a shady way to boost gems spend, when there is a lot of better, more balanced approach.

5 Likes

Yeah, a big thumbs-down on the randomised aspect of the scoring from me as well.

It’s also not the first time that the “~1.18x” average has been unpopular or resulted in an unsatisfactory player experience (where the majority of the time you get the lower score, and only a few get the higher).

2 Likes

Show me a world event that wasn’t asinine in some fashion or another …

4 Likes

I started with 4 sigils today. And got 6 tome battles in a row… i lost one of them in the middle, but another one came right away(with valraven).
It is too random.

My wife and I bought tier 4, we both started with 18 sigils. She has 155 more points than I do…

I’m up to 12,000 gems. They aren’t being spent on these trash events any longer.

2 Likes

So frustrating!

The random rewards are bad enough, but random + increasing base value + different battles offered results in potentially very different results.
Our guild keeps track of scores at 28 battles, we’ve seen scores from 118 to 189, all doing the “optimal” battle selection.

I can’t imagine how frustrating this must be for those aiming for the leaderboard.

2 Likes

so here’s the deal. I’ve lost 1 fight and killed allravens. I am P12 on xbox LB. P10 has had 12 fewer fights but is 80 points ahead. Is this what we can continue to expect from random RNG world events? Clearly he has had significantly more tome fights than I have. Level playing field? Nowhere near.
Edit
I’ve done every highest rarity fight available

The random scoring for World Events was introduced to prevent multiple players getting a tie for the power orb.

Devs won’t ever admit this though :laughing:

7 Likes

Personally, I don’t see any evidence that fights other than tome increase in value at higher levels. Others may have screenshots that show this?

Only tome seems to do so, as claimed. Tome appears randomly - I got it 2 times in a row - so I think that randomness likely explains scoring differential.

I don’t think anyone here is claiming that.

I started the day with 4 sigils, that was enough for 10 fights today, 4 of those were Tome. The other 6 gave the points as listed in official post. I suppose it’s possible increased points are only visible at higher levels, but seems unlikely.
The Tome fights were very generous, I got a total of 88 points when the combined base value was only 58.

At least this time the # of collectibles = your points scored. No unnecessary x10.

1 Like

My tome level is now pretty high (around 700 armour and 700 health plus over 300 attack). My last 3 tome fights yielded 38 then 39 then 80. So yes it’s LB rewards based on luck rather than investment. I won’t be spending a single gem on future world events that are based on random scoring.

Based upon my above post, @Saltypatra what is the span of the ‘bonus drop’ from a tome fight victory?

Sad but True

Even with that though, the random part of scoring could be much less.
A tie requires EXACTLY same point, a random point or 2 here and there and you’re done.
This level of RNG is just irritating, as in may other aspect of “the game”

1 Like

According to numerous statements from the devs regarding RNG levelling out, I offer the following critique. I’ve fought (and won) 122 battles on world event and have always taken the most (on paper and as stated in the OP) “profitable” fight available. The player above I am sure has done the same yet is 24 points ahead having won 18 FEWER fights. My average is 11.5 per fight and his is 13.72! This absolutely demonstrates the lunacy of random scoring in any event if you wish to keep your playerbase engaged and buying tiers to compete.

The ‘collective guild effort’ aspect of world events has yet to transpire and this mode just has zero of appeal. If you want me spending gems then bring back doom. Bin this [mis]event once and for all. Appalling.

EDIT

Tome of evil scoring

Level 950: 41 D Lore
Level 955: 42 D Lore
Level 960: 43 D Lore

This doesn’t look like i am getting any random drop at all from the fight and my average score is actually decreasing as fights get tougher. That’s the opposite of what should be happening.

@Saltypatra @Kafka. Please can you explain this.

2 Likes

I’m a little slow catching up…why do the battles move around again? I go to click on the Vash icon and its running away from me.

Not as annoying as the wigglers from a few weeks back, but still annoying. Can we turn off animations, please?

1 Like