As you all know, version 3.2 is going to contain a big UI update (maybe not the whole game - we’ll see - it may come to pass that we split the UI update into 2 parts, since Gems is quite a large game). A UI update also allows us to handle a bunch of Quality of Life features as we go.
One of the screens we’re re-imagining right now is the Chat Window. It’s something that some of use quite a lot! And I suspect that some of you may use it in different ways to us.
Now there’s all sorts of nitty gritty details we could go into with chat… emojis, PMs, formatting, avatars, timestamps, etc… but we can deal with those later… right now I’m really interested in approaching this at a very high level…
It turns out that how you use chat isn’t something we collect data on, so the next best thing is to ask you all directly!
Did you prefer the full screen window?
Do like the current resizeable window?
Do you ever use the transparency feature on the new window?
Any feedback on that would be much appreciated thank you!
And for anyone who doesn’t have any direct feedback, I’ve created a poll where you can give a quick answer.
- Give me the old fullscreen window back
- I like the new window, but I only use it fullscreen
- I like the new window because I can resize it
- I use all the features on the new window, including transparency
- I would use BOTH styles of chat window (fullscreen & small/resizeable) if I had the chance