Longsword +5

Yeah right lol

So did the previous post by the newly created account “SaltyTheJokeDev” get edited/deleted by the user or removed/deleted a moderator(s)?

You called it. Quick, what’s the winning lottery numbers for next week?

1 Like

Well, i see the jokes we have as Devs are more worried about stealing others troops back than actually helping the game or fixing the damn problems within it. I’m done with this useless game its so ridiculously unappealing now anyway that went down the toilet with the the New UI. But anywho, just wanted to let ya know I wouldn’t recommend this game to anyone now nor will I be spending ANY more money on this game, that’s how bad it is now. Good Day!

No, actually I have an even better example. You go to Wal-Mart and see a regular $500 tv for $20, ok u buy the tv take it home and then they take it back and say "oh you’ll have to buy it again full price when we put it out for that price? Just what they did, what they always do screw people over. And lol a ‘test drive’ would be free, Zuul wasn’t to craft.

FTFY

Seriously, you signed up a new account on the forum just to complain that a clearly, obviously, flamingly broken bug had to have its clearly, obviously, flamingly untenable benefit removed?

1 Like

Your analogy doesn’t work at all, that would be theft. A transaction took place at the advertised price for Zuul and in no other busines, at least here in the UK would they be allowed to come and grab it back.

And I completely agree as I’ve previously said in this thread that it would be unfair to the ones saving orbs that we be allowed to keep him.

1 Like

No, not quite.

I’m fairly certain it’s a forum regular that created a new account to be “Anonymous”.

2 Likes

The Wal-Mart analogy is bad because there are pricing error laws that vary wildly by jurisdiction and corporate policy will always do the thing that is nicest for Wal-Mart. Truth be told even in places where the shelf price must be respected by law, Wal-Mart’s going to incentivize managers to use the computer price anyway because very few people go through the pain of a lawsuit.

If, in this case, you decided to take legal action, I think you’d very quickly find out you have no rights to refunds in F2P games. The devs don’t owe anything. “Customer service” always comes up but what you are asking is for them to make “working anything that looks like a mistake as a lever” have no consequences.

I do think the Wal-Mart analogy shows us there are two extremes along a spectrum. Suppose you see a $900 TV with a suspicious $1 price tag on it. I find the loudest people tend to fall on these ends of a spectrum:

• “Ha, what a silly mistake. I’ll put it in my cart and ask if it’s legit, but I have no expectation this is right.”
  • “HOLY SMOKES, I found a way to make those suckers PAY! I DESERVE this TV because it’s their fault for being sloppy.”

I find I tend to like people who lean towards the former and they make good friends. I find people who act on the latter tend to be insufferable.

As I pointed out in another thread: Soulforge troops last for 7 days. If someone was “suspicious it was a bug” then it would’ve been worth saving the pain of a refund process to wait a few hours and see what the devs had to say. I’m unconvinced that the reason for haste was mostly, “Maybe this time they won’t take it away.”

5 Likes

That’s what I meant; someone went through the trouble to sign up as a new account just because they were too…I dunno, ashamed because they knew that they were in the wrong?..to just post on their normal account.

Because IP addresses aren’t a thing and the admins can’t just see who they are anyway, right? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

VPN must not be a thing either.
Takes as long to make a post as it does to make a new account.
No would ever make multiple accounts though… Never.

There seems to be a third kind of people. Those repeatedly putting incorrect price tags on TVs, because they can’t be bothered to do their work in a halfway competent way. Those insisting on reverting the deal whenever their sloppiness isn’t in their favor, fully intending to silently keep part of your money in hopes you won’t notice. Those that tell you to go bother the manager in case you correctly point out you are being shortchanged. There’s quite a few character traits that come to my mind here, and it’s neither good friend nor insufferable.

Rolling back Zuul is a necessary step, the damage to the game would be much bigger not doing so. However, taking away Zuul and not fully refunding all resources spent is a dangerous line to cross. Especially the “yeah, you are one of the few who realized we’ve been withholding some of your stuff, contact support to really get it back” attitude is making me sick. What’s next, double charge all credit card purchases and only refund those customers who notice?

Look, we might not agree on everything IP2 is doing. I find it hard to believe you actually defend this kind of behavior though.

5 Likes

“Rolling back Zuul is a necessary step, the damage to the game would be much bigger not doing so. However, taking away Zuul and not fully refunding all resources spent is a dangerous line to cross. Especially the “yeah, you are one of the few who realized we’ve been withholding some of your stuff, contact support to really get it back” attitude is making me sick”

This is exactly how I feel about it.

4 Likes

I’m going to take $10 from you, pay you back $5 and tell you to send me an email if you want the other $5.

10 Likes

With players like these, who needs revenue?

1 Like

As somebody who is a market manager for Walmart in eCommerce and Customer service for multiple Supercenters and Neighborhood markets, you have no idea how much I appreciate your breaking down these two types of people.

“BUT THIS $400 PIECE OF FURNITURE WAS AVAILABLE AT ANOTHER STORE 80 MILES AWAY FROM HERE FOR $100 ON CLEARANCE YESTERDAY!” …

And you completely nailed it. There are good people who will recognize it’s obviously not correct (happened to me today - woman just wanted the one pack of $9 paper towels (12 rolls) that were completely put in wrong spot by employees to be honored because there was NO price tag ANYWHERE that showed the $9 price–only tag on the whole shelf was $1.86 (2 pack).

The staff at the store was due to reset the mod that night. SHe didn’t take advantage of it, I had staff get on it, honored price for her given the obviousness of the mistake and she wasn’t buying 20 to take advantage of it.

Not ten minutes later, before team could get out on the floor, a man with 10 of the 12-packs stacked in his cart starts raising a shitstorm for a cashier and our front-end customer service staff.

You could tell just by interacting with them who was a better human being. Hint: it wasn’t the obnoxious man trying to capitalize on an honest mistake that we were actively addressing.

8 Likes

Pony want pets.
When are pets?

When will “then” be “now”?

4 Likes

+1 for Spaceballs reference :smile_cat:

5 Likes