Lock forum topic after 6 months no replies

Because there is a necromancer who doesn’t pay attention and keeps bumping dead topics.

12 Likes

My main problem is now I can’t tell if it’s thread necromancy or a 6-month-old topic suddenly made relevant by the Switch version.

Can’t wait to bump this in 181 days from now. :grinning:

:man_facepalming:

Probably have to have the threads remain open in case something does become relevant - that does happen plenty - but I agree about the necromancy. *grumble*

I agree, this is super annoying. I’ll follow up.

Even old threads that may seem relevant probably should have a new thread since a lot can change after several patches.

2 Likes

I guess a thread isn’t as redundant if its locked and can’t be brought to the top of the page anymore. If I had the urge to revisit something I’d just link to it in the new thread…

Easier to just use the banhammer.

Eh, it’s honest mistakes made by well-meaning newbies.

Thread necromancy is a time-honored annoyance on forums. If you don’t have some of these problems, it means you aren’t growing.

On other forums I use, if you try to post on an old thread you get a message saying “This thread is over 6 months old, perhaps it would be better to start a new one”.

I’m sorry for that I didn’t realize I had posted on a dead topic. I’m not the only person to do this though

Today is another example of why this needs to happen.

2 Likes

It’s not just forums newbies. Occasionally an established member of the forums does the same thing to draw attention to “how things used to be”. I do think @Shimrra’s suggestion of linking to the post is better.

1 Like

And the suggested topics are sometimes ancient, I think that’s a major reason also.
Maybe topics over 6 months old not show up as suggested.

3 Likes

Looks like iam a necromancer and didnt even know lol :joy::joy:, anyway Lock trópics after some time Will be great :+1: