Loading Issues on iOS and Android

Reinstalled, played 9 games all fine and good, was happy, so tried a Vault and… stuck.
Just lost a Vault key.

Oh you outdid yourselves this time :smiley::smiley: now I remember why I haven’t played in months. Repetitive and boring oh and broken :roll_eyes:

Solved my issue with a workaround i saw on another forum post “3.4 Enough is Enough” i think it was called

1. CLEAR DATA AND CACHE or UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL

2 . GO INTO THE TROOP MENU
SHOW ALL
SORT BY NAME
SCROLL ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM TO SEEE ZUUL GOTH ( unless you own him)
WAIT FOR ALL CARDS TO LOAD (this took me approx 90 minutes to sort out artwork)

VOILA PROBLEM SOLVERED

Please fix the loading issue with PvP. I have tried everything and can’t get it to load, I’m drastically losing rank as this prob contiues

@leakay So you haven’t played for months, you find the game boring, yet you still consider it worthwhile coming on here to say so…? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Didn’t work for me man.
I just reinstalled again, and my account is now deactivated until I get my ticket answered.
Since they are asleep over there, i’m Done for the day.
:roll_eyes:

I just lost a sigil on an infinite load screen and all the artwork was loaded.

Seriously guys, networking 101: “Thou shalt not make a network request without also scheduling a timeout.” Between “not being able to play”, “losing 2 sigils” and “lol I played for 4 hours and got 0 pets” it’s really hard to be excited today.

2 Likes

I’ve had to restart my game twice since I couldn’t keep waiting for the raid battle to begin. When I got back, I had lost both sigils. Ugh :disappointed_relieved:

Did you delete and reinstall the app? If that still didn’t work, that is bad. You’d be the first person I know of who wasn’t fixed by a reinstall.

The devs are probably home by now (except Sirrian, who seems to spend an unhealthy amount of time working), so let’s hope that they have a permanent fix sorted out when they get in tomorrow morning.

I lost time while waiting forpet battle, after that I delete and reinstalled the game and searched through my screenshots album to cover my password. After all the time I’ve lost, pet challenge event was ended :frowning: I wanted to have a pet too.

Should I send ticket for this?

Yes. I tried the raids and towers and they’re both repetitive and boring. Same thing all the time. Now I cannot even play the game if I try.

Also if I want to let the devs know why I don’t like it I will. They are the reasons I haven’t played for months. I have everything in the game so there’s nothing to work towards and the weekly events aren’t worth grinding imo so I check back with every update to see if anything will interest me to play again :slight_smile:

I’m not on WiFi, so reinstalling (and taking the massive data hit) after this game unexpectedly downloaded a crap-ton of data yesterday* - and is now unplayable - isn’t going to fly.

*The listed size in the App Store plus the “we need to download 11 MB of content” don’t come anywhere close to the amount of data actually downloaded. There is no warning, no indication, just this massive fire hose of data in the background with no indication it’s even happening. Because it’s the end of the month I just blew way past my cap before hastily shutting it down. Asking me to throw that all away, reinstall and start the download all over again is crap. I already have massive overage charges to pay thanks to the stealth background downloading of gigabytes of (apparently) bad data.

Sigh. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Hey,

I managed so resolve this on Android by clearing my application cache. A fresh install is not needed.

I assume the unity engine believes the images are in the cache, while they aren’t there yet.

No joy here - and I lost my consecutive login bonus? What’s up with that.

I am pleased to report that I can now go straight in to the pet battles on iOS ipad. Earlier today I had to play the pet battles (3 of them) on my PC because of the neverending loading twirly.

edit - I am experiencing a similar ‘hanging’ problem going in to pvp battles sometimes and have to hard reset the game.

I don’t give a flying rat’s ass about audio files. I hate sound in computer and phone games. Can we have an option to completely disable audio, and not waste hours downloading files that merely take up space and never get used?_

3 Likes

Still can’t log in since reinstalling, thanks for great advise.

Also chat is borked if you update.

And the loading issues stopped for me once I went down my entire list of troops and let the game finish downloading all their cards. I determined that the game would break when doing a pvp match and the cards that either myself or the opponent was using were not finished downloading. Once I did this to my troops. (Also do this to unowned troops to show all in filter) No more neverending loading screen

1 Like

I had this same issue. I use an Android phone. I went to the play store and told it to update Gems of War. It downloaded the new update. Yes, it took me about 10 minutes to get into the game with downloading interruptions, but it seems to be working fine now. This might be another option if you’re having trouble, without having to completely uninstall the game. Hope this helps someone.

I uninstalled then re installed. Tried to link keeps telling me wrong email/password. I have checked and double checked. I typed it right sent a ticket and the response said my ticket will take 3 to 5 days to answer