List of Quality of Life Improvements

Added. In that past, that would’ve prevented a few freezes from stupid uses of Soothsayer.

Here’s one that I feel is a more moderate solution to those asking for counters everywhere:

When alchemist/valk reaches their per-battle gold/soul generation cap, have the little soul/gold thing stop flying off of their heads. That visual cue would be all we need to know we reached the cap.

8 Likes

Nice one! Added.

Level select when leveling troops. As much as I enjoy hitting the button 14 times, I think I might enjoy it more if I could select my desired level per troop.

3 Likes

Added! :slight_smile:

This is already on consoles. Tis very handy

1 Like

I made a post a while back in the Suggestions thread to show a kingdoms power level when you filter the Troop list by kingdom. I hate jumping between the map and the filtered troop list when I’m trying to level my kingdoms power.

Either that, or add a ‘Troops’ button to each kingdom while in map view.

Or both, preferably.

2 Likes

Power level and progress bar?

Yes. The power levels of each kingdom as represented by stars. You can only see the progress bar when you check the kingdom on the map but you can only level your troops with souls and traits in the troop list.

As it is now, I check the kingdom on the map, try to remember or write down it’s current power, switch to the Troop list, filter the kingdom and start dumping souls or traits; all while trying to keep track of the math I’d done previously to gain the next star. Unfortunately, the only way to check if you’ve hit the next level or see where you’re at is stepping back out to the map, and checking the kingdom again.

Having a kingdom power level progress bar on the top of each filtered kingdom on the Troop list would be really helpful.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got that from your first message but thanks for the in depth explanation :wink:

@Exile33 added this to the list :slight_smile:

I’ve been keeping a scratch list of suggestions for a while, so here is a dump:

better flag chooser: I was thinking 3 drop down choosers that appear sequentially, the first two being the colors, and the last being the ± options.

ability to see the opponents flag while in combat

option to suppress found card/upgrades

option for time stamps in chat

ability to look at prospective guild stats/status

ability to look at prospective guild member stats/status

option for non animated rewards

make clicking on a stone (hero->collection) show the kingdoms that give it

allow filtering troops by stone type required

allow sorting troops by “number of stones that would be left after upgrading a trait”

display the kingdom power level after filtering troops by kingdom

clicking on the hero photo should take you to the hero tab, which could possibly go away.

time to next tribute indicator on home kingdom

add “battles fought” to the roster. This would include any activity (pvp, casual, explore, quests)

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this forum supports polls, but perhaps this could be turned into one? It would give the devs a clear indicator of which ideas people are really interested in.

Failing that, breaking the list into separate posts would allow people to “like” them as votes.

Ehhh, I don’t really want to rank them. The problem is that we have little to no idea how difficult these are, so it would involve a ton of guess work, especially given how big the list already is. I prefer the vision where they slowly chip away at them as they have time & energy based on their prioritization.

1 Like

I don’t think we’re going to get the devs to do anything they don’t want to do.

But even though they do play, and are extremely responsive, they view the game from a very different perspective than we do. It is in fact very useful to provide them with information about how things look from our vantage.

2 Likes

Being a developer myself, in its current form this list would be hugely useful already.
Any easy changes I could pick out of there anytime I/the team have a bit of spare time.
Anything not that easy would be hanging around in the back of my head, and I might pick them up anytime I touch that area due to other changes required.

I agree with @Studs that the development time/effort will be far more important to the order of picking these up than the importance we as users will give them

8 Likes

FYI, @Jeff, I’ve folded your list into the larger one. There were some redundancies, but I think I got everything.

1. Have the name of the kingdom the flag represents at the flag selection screen. Alternatively, show the flag the kingdom uses on the kingdom screen (or both). This makes tasks requiring you to use the flag from a specific kingdom far easier to identify and you don’t need to look up which flag corresponds to which city on the internet.

2. On the hero collection screen, an overall count of traitstones & souls needed to completely finish every existing troop. For instance, it could say something like 17/1736 Minor red traitstones if you had 17 minor red and 1736 required to finish every single released troop. If you forged a new trait using 10 traitstones, it would say 7/1726 afterward. If a new troop were released that used minor red traitstones the count would be increased. Same for souls, it would tell you how many you had and how many are needed to level up all existing troops to 20. This would take a bit of work admittedly but I think people like myself would appreciate this feature quite a bit.

1 Like

I like your suggestions, but the second one would probably scare away new players. I’d rather see an API that allows a web-based tracker to provide that info, but that’s not QoL (and unlikely to ever happen).

4 Likes

I’m adding the first but not the second for the reasons @Lyya mentioned.