Life and Death....šŸ¤¦

I can say just because a Def does well in PVP does not mean it will do well in wars because of the retreat that happens in pvp that most donā€™t do in wars. I could care less about pvp wins and losses. Some people get giddy when their new pvp Def does well then they put it in wars and their smile is gone. I donā€™t fight goblins in pvp or rope or life death to name a few. Anything that requires me to change class or team itā€™s not happening. Wars is a different story.

They should fix dragon eye. Itā€™s worthless now. They should redo that weapon entirely.

2 Likes

Dragon eye is actually a good delve weapon when you use a lot of expensive potions.

I have no trouble in delve especially with the potions. So that weapon is still useless to me.

Even making giant spiders stealthy would be a big help, so that we can target the hero once weā€™ve killed everyone else.

3 Likes

I donā€™t expect to win every battle out of some neurotic need or because I want to achieve a high ranking.
However, a lot of this game is set up around constantly winning. You get significantly less rewards for losing or retreating for example.
In most modes the difficulty tends to creep up and youā€™ll notice that youā€™ll win with fewer hp, then fewer troops left and then you reach the point where it comes to luck or it becomes impossible. At this point you get the option to spend gems, take a different or stay at the same level. Never are you ā€œforcedā€ to face an unbeatable foe without rewards.
In guild wars there is no such curve, nor any option to select a different opponent, nor a way to retry. So when one battle is a breeze and the next is suddenly nigh impossible to win or even with the perfect counter strategy requires luck (my personal vendetta is against looping goblins which offer only 1 turn chance), this is an incredible contrast to what the rest of the game offers.
Also, keep in mind that many players are not in the habit of scouting, in part because it isnā€™t free. And there are plenty of players who do not have every troop, let alone fully ascended, leveled and traited. So saying that ā€œa counter exists out thereā€ is not remotely the same as ā€œyou can win this (if you play smart)ā€

Iā€™m not against challenging games, but when everything in the game basically tells you: ā€œset up a decent team youā€™ll probably winā€, and you then get these curveballs of ā€œown and set up the perfect counter, then pray for luckā€ itā€™s pretty jarring and I great sympathy for players requesting the cause of offense being brought to the level of the rest of the game.
Alternatively, one could argue that the entire game should be more difficult. Or make all troops/weapons more powerful, and turn it into a real speed match of who can cast first and one shot the enemy team.

1 Like

Did you see my screen? 0/8 and 2/4. Either of those would be my worst performance after the first 3 days. My Def are 4/4ā€¦3/2ā€¦3/1 and no Life death in sight. Is life death easy? No. But there are way harder things out there and can beat you way quicker. Life Death was harder a couple months ago before anyone worked on a counter. My Def after 3 days is 10/7 and those life death was from the last wars was 2/12. If people are free to play and donā€™t want to scout then that is their fault. No way I would go into a wars blind.

1 Like

Just add submerge as its other ability and be done with it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve gone on record on the forums indicating counters to Life and Death, adding in teams that help vs it. Iā€™ve said itā€™s fine, I did at a later point suggest bless be removed as opposed to reducing spider spawns to 35%, which it seems makes no difference as most thought it would. In general, you have some counters, Obsidius/Curse/Banishment etc. Curse needs two hits to take the bless and enchant. Stun is your answer before it can cast, thereafter itā€™s not viable without other assistance.

Pre the release of medals, Life and Death did 26-29 life steal and Weaver did 31-34 true damage to the bottom two troops. It was possible to get 34 true damage with Weaver with 15 star Karakoth and +2 from Elf bonuses.

Since medals and pushing kingdom power and stars we now have this with 3 x Nysha.

I forgot to screenshot another where Weaver had 58 true damage (presumably from +2 from a revered trait). This Weaver was bronze, so in theory it can get another +2 magic and then get the revered trait from another card and do 60 true damage. It may get even more with 4 elves.

Life and Death was also doing 46 to the back two with true life steal. In theory one cast of grave seer (bearing in mind Orbweaver also gets green or purple storm and importantly has that storm on itā€™s first turn) can often fill both troops. So you have to kill them basically just about before both of them cast once to not lose your back two troops.

You could argue, you need 3 x Yasmine medals giving 24 life, but of course L&D has death mark, so you might want a Cedric. You also might want Nysha medals yourself to kill themā€¦

Is this now a classic case of too much power for Life and Death, considering all the other goodies it has? Itā€™s had a +50% magic increase since medals.

2 Likes

You can also put those medals on attack. I will say I almost lost a GW battle last wars and it certainly was not Life Death. Really bad luck in that battle at beginning and really good luck at the end but I will take the win. Most people do not have enough of those medals on attack or DEF though. If you put 3 life medals that is plus 24 Ibelieve.

Yeah, but of course you still have to go through xx amount of spiders. :slight_smile: I was a bit shocked tbh seeing 56 and then 58 true damage on Weaver.

1 Like

There is something seriously wrong with this.
That is to say: in PvE this incredibly cool, and itā€™s ā€œfairā€ that players whoā€™ve spent a lot of time can more easily harvest greater rewards from events.
In PvP this is insane. In such modes the advantage for ā€œveteranā€ players should be a bigger toolkit and experience, not flat-out stronger troops.

2 Likes

The main problem IMO is the Orbweaver class. Theif class annoying too, but takes less time to beat. The weapon is strong, but please let it be. I have even yet to mess around with the weapon in ranked matches.

1 Like

My main issue with the weapon is that I failed to get it the first two times it was available. (The weekend event and then the Tuesday event).

I just put a reminder in our Guild chat that Silver Necropolis is due soon for those that donā€™t have it. Be advised: Raiders incoming. For the Horde.

1 Like

What he said!!!

1 Like

@Thevc @rojo Come on. Please ignore the need to engage in this rivalry in unrelated threads in the public forum out of respect for the thread at hand. It buries the discussion, and I donā€™t want another thread closed because of this.

If someone attacks your honour, please donā€™t feel the need to respond. I donā€™t form solid opinions or judgements based on hearsay, and I donā€™t think too many people you want in your life do either.

7 Likes

Question: Is L&D overpowered?

Given that it is a legendary weapon and not a mythic AND that is is better than most mythic weapons; AND (arguably) better than 2/3 of the doomed weapons - yes it is overpowered.

However, in this game, it is not abnormal that a legendary troop is far superior to a mythic one. This has always been one of the odd features on this game.

This is not really debatable, is it? Letā€™s be honest.

However, the various L&D meta teams have been out there for a long time, now AND it is becoming nearly ineffective, on defense, in GW tells you that for all color days, there is at LEAST one reliable counter that is being used by B1 guilds - possibly other brackets.

This is not really debatable, either, is it? Iā€™m sure some intrepid guild member will post up (or has) a team showing 0/30 for this particular defense.

So while, personally, I believe that L&D does need a nerf (it simply does too much, esp. when combined with a certain class), it is not a game breaking weapon by any means. Removing ā€œblessā€ is the only fix I believe is needed for this weapon.

3 Likes

Mods before you decide to lock yet another thread due to the minority who are compelled not to follow the guidelines.
Please consider to never lock a thread without issuing a ban or a ban warning.
If itā€™s not worth banning over, then itā€™s not worth locking over. Just my thoughts. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Itā€™d be cool if instead of locking threads for going off topic weā€™d kick the people who tend to result in the most ā€œthread closed due to personal insultsā€ off the forum.

It seems to me if I wanted a thread closed, the most effective way would be to DM @UKResistance or someone and agree to have a pretend fight for a few days in it. Neither one of us would be punished for it, but the thread would sure die.

1 Like

I think removing blessing from L&D will be the same as removing extra turn from a rope dart or the same blessing from a trickster shot. L&D is not overpowered and can easily be beaten, to my experience, in 95% of battles, thereā€™s always a chance that Gems will fall not for your troops sake.