Life and Death....šŸ¤¦

Silver Necropolis faction weapon.

1 Like

Please stop asking for nerf, really. Look at DE now.

2 Likes

Next chance to get it is May 21st in the Silver Necropolis Tuesday Faction event

1 Like

Dragonā€™s Eye became a problem when someone without knowledge of the game nerfed it. When they ā€œnerfedā€ it they made it OP. So they had to nerf it again.
To understand you correctlyā€¦ Youā€™re worried that a weapon that steals life, enchants itā€™s self, death marks 2 troops, can be stealthed, can be immune to Mana drain, can start with half Mana, and blesses itā€™s self. Would be useless like DE is now if they removed the Blessed part?

5 Likes

The bless part is THE characteristic of silver necropolis troop.
Stealth and half mana start arenā€™t part of the weapon upgrades, rather class dependant.

Yepā€¦ In other words rather balance dependent.

To be fair only 2 troops from that Faction have anything to do with Bless.

And hereā€™s some precedent where the weapon shares zero characteristics with the faction. (I think these are right but since factions arenā€™t listed on the weaponā€¦ Itā€™s not easy to confirm.)
Primal Rift

Sea of Sorrow

So unfortunately, balance matters more than lore.

I came to terms that weapons are better than others.
If there is one thing about silver necropolis, it really is bless as evidenced with Vanya, and maybe death mark. Life and death is one of the few weapons they got right with troops characteristic and kingdom. And you are right, other weapon from other factions are completely off. It doesnā€™t mean that they should make weapons unrelated to the troops in the future. In short, they screwed up in the past.
Now life steal is debatable. It is undead so life steal. However none of the troops have life steal. But it is called life and death.
The other debatable trait is enchant.

They have never changed a weapon upgrade.

I know! For a brief time after DE was nerfed, I faced a huge variety of PvP teams. Rope Dart ascended, but it still doesnā€™t really do as well on PvP defense. Over the past few weeks Iā€™ve noticed the smart players have figured out good anti-Rope Dart defenses. The secret is obvious: freeze. This whole cycle of stimulus and response was made possible by nerfing the single weapon that had no very effective offensive counter to the point it was better to skip the match than give it a try.

It made the game temporarily harder in terms of Delve ascension, but now you can buy enough stats to cut through level 500 like a hot knife through butter so nobody cares anymore.

Oh, Iā€™m sorry, I mean ā€œThatā€™s right, after DE was nerfed I had to face more than 2 different teams in PvP, I quit the game and started a hotel chain instead because it wasnā€™t worth playing when PvP wasnā€™t an endless string of alternating Rope Dart, Double Lust, and Fire Bomb teams.ā€

Life and Death isnā€™t even as useful as DE was in terms of events. Its only purpose is ā€œa ridiculously effective defense that does what everyone thought Draakulis would do.ā€ In one neat package, it has a counter to every possible counter that could defeat it.

It looked fine on paper, but itā€™s bad for the game. PvP will be better without it.

3 Likes

id rather the ability to set defends be removed than keep going along with this endless cycle of meta team shows up all griefers put it up stays that way till nerfed or better grief team appearsā€¦pvp isnt live anyway just have devs make bunch of teams and pop them in randomly like delve room teams.

6 Likes

Give me that crap any day of this shit

Who the hell is making the weapons these days? They are either unusable crap or overpowered and designed to piss off the people fighting them.

5 Likes

Meta Player class.

I canā€™t win against this weapon

I can but only if itā€™s a matter of life and death. :rabbit:

4 Likes

Try countering it with Essence of Evil and Divina combo (the rest of the team is up to you, but EoE nerfs the offending hero, and Divinia protects your team)

1 Like

Skeleton key and stealthed thief rolls L&D in the ground fast.
Even if it manages to fire, it disables Greed, thatā€™s cannon fodder anyway.

1 Like

I know itā€™s old. But I want to see that :face_with_monocle:

Try countering a Stealthy hero with Essence of Evil.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what diviniaā€™s forā€”stalling in the event EoE canā€™t snipe quickly.

And my team does have two other troops to help mitigate the stealthy-hero problem. One does AoE, the other random targetsā€”neither much cares about Arachnean Weaver, stealthy heroes, or any other stall-y team.

1 Like

Facing a stall Defense sucks, but it happens.
Using a stall offense in Ranked PvP is a waste of time. If it takes longer than 2 minutes to win a match then you lost.

2 Likes