Let's All Agree to Save Our Gems

I hope no-one agreeing to this posted in this thread condemning something very similar:

5 Likes

One of these things is levelling the play field between players by lowering the cost of entry. One of these is exploiting a weakness in the game to get an unfair advantage over other players. Attempting to conflate the two issues is completely disingenuous.

6 Likes

The system is stupid. Only the top 5 guilds would ever get a payout exceeding what they spent on sentinals.

1 Like

I disagree but Iā€™ll say no more. Iā€™m no longer interested in competing in bracket 1 so you guys do whatever you want to do.

1 Like

I disagree. Who does each proposal hurt?

If two guilds collude, they are gaining an unfair advantage over every other guild in the same bracket, and they violate the competitive spirit GW was supposed to bring.

If the top 10 GW guilds agree to lower sentinel reqs, they potentially harm: 1. GoWā€™s profit margin, and 2. players in other brackets. For the first, I think it will make a good statement to the company and maybe result in a net positive for everybody, so no problem there. And the company was in the wrong first.

For the second, given that the top guilds are the ones losing the most resources from the recent changes, I donā€™t really begrudge them the savings, especially since lower guilds shouldnā€™t (and probably mostly donā€™t) level sentinels beyond lvl 2 anyways. That said, there is reasonable ground to feel that this plan is unfair to lower guilds and to a degree it is, so if this plan seems likely, I would urge top guild leaders listen to whether everybody else feels comfortable with it.

This is coming from someone who was in a top 10 guild the first time, and now in a b6 guild. I would never have stood for collusion had we even considered it, but I donā€™t mind this form of cooperation at this particular moment. A good rule of thumb is whether you feel good about announcing your plan in public.

1 Like

I agree with this statement 100 %

1 Like

To begin with, Guild Wars is game theory put into practice. Everyone will benefit if no one purchased any Sentinel upgrades, however if the standard is to not upgrade Sentinels, those who do not cooperate and level up their own stands to gain an unfair advantage. That said, I would agree to this, and even something as drastic as 0 levels if everyone did the same.

3 Likes

When people said ā€œTheyā€™d never spend money on Gems because theyā€™re not worth it,ā€ here is the result.

Now, the Premium Currency is now severely limited. Now youā€™ll have to spend money if you want gems.

Iā€™d have been OK with removing Gems from Legendary Tasks. Leave a very controllable number of Gems in everyoneā€™s guild tasks that gives VIP 5+ players the ability to earn one 50 chest opening per month (560x4.)

The whole reducing rewards because of the 4x speed is just another way to say the original guild task rewards were too rewarding.

I wish I had access to where their Real Money purchases come from. It seemed like in our endgame guild, more was spend on Guild Keys than anything else. Iā€™d buy the Path to Glory II, if I knew Iā€™d get a random Mythic I donā€™t have, but since the only time I bought it I got my 5th Famine I was soured on it.

6 Likes

Top 4, 400 Gems for 4th, 340 to upgrade them fully. Itā€™s totally broken this system.

2 Likes

Why upgrade to 3? Why not just upgrade to 2? NO gems. Done.

3 Likes

I tend to agree as well. Wasting gems on Sentinel upgrades that disappear at the end of the week is just dumb.
MM has only ever asked players for 3/3/3/3 but still thatā€™s 40 gems than can be put towards a Bounty pack!

1 Like

Iā€™ll be doing this as well with our guild.

3 Likes

I donā€™t like the idea of guilds colluding, but Iā€™m also not sure that itā€™s necessary. Upgrading sentinels under the new model will take a much greater percentage of the gems you get then before, so I think players/guilds will naturally reduce their spending due to the higher relative cost. And if some guilds/players want to keep leveling them, likely requiring $$$, thatā€™s their prerogative.

2 Likes

Iā€™m already doing the 3333 sentinel upgrade. Potentially I can lose a match more due to just missing the last bit of damage needed or to survive but with all the randomness in the game right now that doesnā€™t matter anymore.

On what do I spend gems? Probably only the daily dungeon deal and 1 batch of 50 vip keys on mythic week. Ow on that, statistically you should have 50 percent of getting the mythic that way but the last few mythic releases i noticed they require an insane amount of resources, way beyond the statistical requirement, not only for me but for my whole guild. In such, itā€™s better to save your resources until the mythic comes out in the soulforge. Probably another commercial trick.

2 Likes

GW Sentinels to level 2 has always been the minimum requirement of Marthos Guardians, regardless if we were in bracket 1 or 2. Many members (including myself) went higher than that. But no more. On our discord server we had already decided to actively reccommend our guildmembers to not level their GW sentinels beyond level 2 anymore before this topic was even started.

1 Like

Yup. This will happen with or without a mutual agreement.

4 Likes

But the whole point is to show mutual agreementā€¦ or a common anything while facing this punishing decision.

2 Likes

I actually agree with you.

I hope Lost Winds is down for this as well. Why waste the resource week after week?

2 Likes

Pheeekz said no, go figure, too good for the rest of us.

3 Likes

How is Vangor brudda?

2 Likes