Leonis Empire Appears!

I envy you then. I have exactly 21. Thank you explore mode. Amira is the only troop left for me to trait.

1 Like

Argh. I have 19 out of … 33 needed for those two. Le Sigh. I suppose VIP keys will get some more when I go hunting for that Mythic but still…

1 Like

I can confirm.

The no troop type was why the kingdom was in rebellion. People just don’t know who they are.

8 Likes

I was about to post about this. It seems to be all kingdoms…

Also there really should be a narrower focus of troop types in the lore. Look, Broken Spire has nine … plus the glitch too. Leonis literally has more types listed than troops. It’s silly lol.

3 Likes

Willing to bet that dual types are to blame for both the glitch, as well as the explosion in troop types per kingdom.

7 Likes

@Lyya , exactly correct!
The second type of a single-type troop is listed as “No Troop Type” in the data, and the kingdom menu picks that up and runs with it!

I’ve already corrected the issue in the code, and in 2.1 we’ll see the end of this indecisiveness!

17 Likes

Maybe the ‘Troop Types’ should be ‘Favored Troop Types’ and list the top three (or more in the event of a tie). i.e. Leonis could be Human / Knight / Monster … but there’s only one Wargare (currently) so its not really a Wargare Kingdom per se. Whitehelm can be Divine / Human / Knight rather than rattling off every single thing including token Daemons, Dragons and Undead. Although this obviously gets difficult with places like Darkstone and Broken Spire. I don’t know a real solution. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If you’re posting in the forums, then by definition you’re not on vacation!

2 Likes

Pretty cool new Kingdom, thanks for that. I like the art and the new troops are pretty cool.

A few things I’d like to mention:

1/ Arena Additions

I can see that you’ve added all the new Leonis troops to the Arena roster, which is awesome. You’ve even already added the Sand Cobra, who hasn’t been released yet (Pride Guard, who we also faced in the quests, is epic so not relevant to Arena)! ^^

@Jainus: that’s your answer right there: out of the 8 Leonis troops we’ve discovered in the quests, Sand Cobra & Pride Guard are the two that aren’t available in chests yet. You could get the Sand Cobra early if you have a lot of spare gems to burn and stumble upon him in an Arena draft (and win enough games in that run)… ^^

However, I’m about 99% sure that a few of the recent event troops were not yet added to the Arena, like the Creeper, for instance. I have never seen him either in my own drafts or in my countless opponents’ line-ups (by contrast, I think I already met all of the Leonis troops just in my few runs today), so I’d be surprised if he’s actually in the pool. I haven’t seen Moa, either, among others.

Could you please double-check?

2/ Manticore

First of all, the actual boost ratio currently seems to be 1:1 and not 2:1 as the description says. You drain 10 mana from an enemy, you get +10 attack, not +5. I’m not sure if it’s an outdated description or a bug, though I’m leaning towards the latter since such a huge attack buff for cheap and while preventing an enemy from casting a spell is slightly insane. ^^

3/ PVP Features in the Arena

Having said that, I’m worried that the Arena can sometimes be impacted negatively by PVP-centric features. Traits do not exist in the Arena (thankfully), but unfortunately, Stun still does, except that the effect is “do nothing” there…

This isn’t too bad in the Manticore’s case, as the other part of the spell is more than worth it (it’d probably still be a pretty good Arena pick even if/when the boost ratio is fixed back to 2:1). Moa, when/if we get him (her? it?) in the Arena pool, will also be more than fine despite missing the effect (11 target damage for 7 mana would actually put both the Musketeer and the Dwarf Lord to shame, even ^^).

But the existence of Stun has made the Hag significantly worse, for instance. Similarly, Kopeshi (which I haven’t actually stumbled upon in Arena yet, come to think of it) will definitely not be worth it: 7 mana Dervish without the damage? :-/ No thanks.

Web is not great news in the Arena so far, for that matter. The new Reaver is arguably worse than the old one unless you happen to also have drafted the Spider Queen specifically, and it’s one more thing that’s usually not that great for the Hag to land on when you roll the dice. Still, it’s not “do nothing” like Stun. In time, with more additions, it might find its place.

tl;dr: All I’m saying with this is: please be mindful of the Arena when designing troops (or future weapons) which involve non-Arena effects.

I’m usually the kind of guy that says “everything is great but”.

This time I’ll keep it to everything is great !
I love almost all the new troops and I’m already planning some decks to play once I can upgrade all those troops to get the desired level/traits !

New banner is +2 blue, +1 yellow, -1 green.

I could see that being useful in a number of decks, such as maw/mab/mercy types.

1 Like

Will this end the rebellion though? Why is there a rebellion?

Also, forgot to mention The Devoted is a great support! =) Somewhere between the Dryad and Djinn, I’d say (and they’re all Yellow-Blue, funnily enough).

1 Like

Could it be because they are trying to tell us something.

First thing that hitted me was that this banner would be great in the sooth/valk/bat/bat deck. :slight_smile:

Btw. I love the new kingdom. :smiley:

1 Like

@Sirrian

They are available in all chests, or just event? Forgive for the noob question, but I started playing after all the previous 23 came out, so I’m not sure how the kingdom release is handled.

We actually say ‘I’m a bit of a tool’!?

3 Likes

They’re available in all chests (that would normally contain troops of their rarity, of course).

1 Like

So just one event troop next week? Red/green? Or will there be a second?

1 Like