Legendary tasks undid the entire (claimed) point of the guild update and has made leading a guild a miserable exercise in frustration

Are you saying they should limit the number of people allowed to join a guild monthly or yearly?

Have you created other forum accounts recently?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never played a game where the devs put any restriction on guild invitations or membership (apart from max members, of course).

I think what everyone is arguing about are the symptoms and ā€œfixingā€ legendary task, if that is even warranted, isnā€™t a solution but, at best, a band-aid over a festering wound that is the current state of the game.

Donā€™t get me wrong, the game has never been more fun and has never had more content but for most veteran players, I think boredom is setting in due to the fact that we havenā€™t had any new game mechanics in months (except events which Iā€™m a fan of but isnā€™t something new, itā€™s just a new twist on something old).

1 Like

And, where do you get this data? Many hardcore players leave their guild all on their own to move to higher ranked guilds, which is their right. Most top guild GMs donā€™t ā€œpoachā€.

3 Likes

Iā€™m saying they should have some consistency.

And what does that mean? Artificial barriers to fun are never a good solution in games.

Yeah people are extremely cranky right now. Iā€™d say thatā€™s to be some-what warranted and expected. Some of it though is a bad case of throwing out ideas, without thinking.

This is hardly just the case for GoW, happens plenty in other game droughts as well.

2 Likes

Using the word ā€˜peopleā€™ might be a little wrong? Like all of themā€¦ The majority is not even on this board. :slight_smile:

I realize that, but iā€™m not just talking about on the forums. Probably half my current guild is promising to quit the game if guild wars turns out to be shite. :grinning:

Thatā€™s how on-edge people are now.

5 Likes

Ah, so much expectations? Never good to have, but guess we are in totally two differently guilds. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m in a Top 10 and in average we get about 15 LT in a week. We havenā€™t hit a mythic in all that time. Plus a lot of players contributed to the game to get that extra gold via armor and VIP levels, making gold useless after tasks is a slap in the face to the players that supported the developers. While I agree that the rewards for a million gold are ehhh, thereā€™s nothing better to use it on at the moment. i would prefer a 30 million mythic task that gave you a targeted mythic (or even random) guaranteed. At my point in the game a 1000 gem keys will just get me a 1000 more troops, stones, etc. that I already have unless I am lucky enough to pull a mythic. This way I could put all that extra gold and gems into completing that task. Make it so any guild can contribute to the mythic tasks without requiring the regular tasks being completed or having it reset. That way lower guilds can have a chance to chase a mythic and higher guilds have to decide if they are giving up the bonuses to shoot for a mythic, trust me those bonuses are handy for quick pvp. Id also have it if a player left the guild he loses the gold contributed, but if kicked he gets his gold back from the current mythic task to prevent abuse. They have current gold counters for guilds now so shouldnā€™t be that hard to implement. Seal limits should be raised as well, at least 2,000 to account for missing members (and it is soooo irritating having to do like 7 different purchases to spend 500 seals).

6 Likes

Hey I get it, itā€™s reasonable. Every game grows stale eventually, we need things to keep it fresh to stick around longer.

Thatā€™s not a threat, just human nature.

1 Like

Ditto and, while Iā€™d hate to say Iā€™m ā€œpromisingā€ to quit if Guild Wars is lacking, the odds are that I will. Thatā€™s not a threat, just that I know myself and it takes a long time for the big, meaningful updates to happen in GoW despite the devs best intentions. I just donā€™t see myself making it through another drought to whatever comes after if Guild Wars doesnā€™t have some staying power. The fact that the devs said they had kind of started over on GWs because they didnā€™t like the direction it was headed in (a few months back??) gives me hope that they know they have to hit it out of the park.

2 Likes

While i can agree to a large extent on this i donā€™t think the main reason for it are the Legendary tasks at all, but how the generation of resources, and the low impact of those resources affected the mentality of the players in the long run.

Personally i like that my guild sits among the Top 50, but if we would lose half of our members, hell even 75%, i would still remain on it for the 25% that stays and wouldnā€™t care a lot if we fall under the Top 2000 again.

Your issue seems to be that people are just not loyal at all, like they would join the rebels or something like some kind ofā€¦

I assumed that ā€œcomparableā€ meansā€¦ wellā€¦ just comparable and not literalā€¦
Could you cast some light on this doubt @Sirrian? The drop rate of Mythics cards for Guild Chests at 10K, 20K, and 40K seals are all different?

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Oh, you sunovaā€¦

1 Like

You did it again Ogunther, damnit. Weā€™re in the Matrix.

1 Like

Its nothing wrong in having that opinionā€¦

1 Like

I wonā€™t quit. I havenā€™t played this game nearly as long as some other people have and I still enjoy it. I completely understand people having that pov though. The game will eventually grow stale for me as well at some point iā€™m sure.

1 Like

If I quite GoW after 2+ years of playing, that shouldnā€™t be viewed as a negative against GoW; that should be viewed as a testament to how great GoW is. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve played any other mobile game more than 3 months. 2 years is a lifetime in mobile and the devs deserve praise for creating a game that makes me hope for more great updates because I want to continue loving and playing it.

15 Likes

Youā€™re right though, there will always be(hopefully) more people with a positive outlook to this game than a negative one. Players come and go, itā€™s the circle of life. So even with ā€œcrankyā€ people on the forums, global chat, and in guilds, thereā€™s still more people enjoying this game.

Weā€™re all just on a different spot in the road. Some are just getting onto the highway, and some are almost off it.

So I just wanted to clear that up, because yeah it would be easy to think everyone hates this game, itā€™s not true.

3 Likes

How dare you! Iā€™m in a spaceship! :rocket: Weeeeeeee!

7 Likes

Donā€™t make me use all my likes on you Ogunther! Iā€™m prepared to do it damnit, donā€™t tempt me.

2 Likes