Legendary task rewards are poor and not worth it. Discuss

Very good point, but hopefully there are some in those guilds who can encourage their guildmates to make a logical rather than emotional decision. Either that or a guild leader who understands the math and simply enforces it :wink:

1 Like

If you’re only doing ten tasks you don’t get anything like the rewards you’re stating.

Mythic purchase power (for each person) per million gold spent by the guild. In other words, how much of that resource it will take them to get a mythic. The chance of a gem key to get a mythic is about 1 in 1000, therefore each gem key has an MPP of 0.001. On average, for every 1000 gem keys you spend (estimated), you’ll get 1 mythic. Yes, I know the oft quoted statistic for cumulative probability is that spending 1000 consecutively only gets you one or more mythics 63% of the time, but you also have a chance at pulling with much fewer such that, over a large enough sample, you should have 1 mythic per about 1k gem keys spent.

The chance of the mythic in legendary tasks highly skews the MPP of the entire table if you have no mythics. But if you do, there is the chance that this mythic will be a duplicate, increasing with how many mythics you do have. The fewer mythics, the higher relative MPP of an average LT pull. The combined new guild task table (including diamonds and projecting gems back in next week) has an MPP of 0.156 to 0.199 depending on the player, or 0.01 to 0.012 MPP per million gold spent. While legendary tasks can go to almost this value, this is only for non VIP players with few or no mythics and you have to do enough of them to secure a mythic before you see that “spike” in your overall rewards - which is then hugely disappointing if you already have that one. For static rewards, guild tasks are about twice as good, over all.

2 Likes

Plague was my only missing card forever, until a nice legendary task dropped him…

2 Likes

Grats @UKresistance!
Awesome accomplishment.
Color me envious!

didnt we got even 2 plague with legendary tasks?
I think we got pretty lucky with these LT about mythic: Abynissia, Wulfgaruk, Death and Plague so far.

1 Like

Yup also couple legendary i needed to mythic like tesla and king highforge

2 Likes