Legendary task rewards are poor and not worth it. Discuss

Imo LT are still useful cause now the guild task only rewards 12 event keys and LT are the best way to get them if you don’t want to spend gems

It’s not 33 k unless everyone does the same. 4 glory keys, ONE gem key and 4 event keys IS an insult.
One arcane, 5 runics and 2 event keys. They’re seriously shit. I’m not grinding gold for that. 2.5 million last week and another 1.75 so far and ten tasks done and I’m not doing any more. They’ve nerfed them too far.
We haven’t had ‘hundreds of free gem keys or occasional mythics’ in our guild. You obviously do much more than we do. For a guild that maybe does ten a week, they’re just no longer worth it.

4 Likes

My gold is useless anyway i can’t use it for gold chest i got every troop mythic already so LT is my only choice

I’ve also seen a few people post 8 gem keys, 4 glory keys, and 1 event key. That sounds pretty good to me.

You can cherry pick bad ones, but the point is that it’s an average. As @beanie42 has already demonstrated, Mythics make them more than worth it at the end of the day.

Yes I can cherry pick. Put that’s like picking cherry stones out of turds. All ours are crap.

Sure, my guild did probably about 300 tasks since I have joined 4 months ago we have never seen any mythics in LTs so…

2 Likes

Again, we’re talking averages. You’ve had bad luck. That doesn’t mean the value doesn’t exist.

yup the chance to get a mythic worth it less farming to craft it. since it started we got 6 mythic and 2 i didin’t own so for me it’s worth the gold spended

2 Likes

Yes, on average in 300 pulls we did get 0 mythics.

The fact that they are there doesn’t change the fact that we are unlikely to get it.

And at the end of the day I can’t fathom why are so adamant in fighting devs’ fights for them. Maybe I’m crazy.

5 or 6? I remember for sure Aby, Wulf, Death and 2x Plague

I’ve become something of an apologist b/c I understand the need to balance the players’ wants with business needs. It seems transparently obvious to me that you should not be giving away the most valuable currency in the game at an uncapped rate. It’s just a horrible, horrible idea. So, I understand why they did it. Meanwhile, players are pitching fits, totally refusing to see any reason, demanding refunds and boycotts, etc. So when I see such unchecked rage and people refusing to see any reason, I feel obligated to come to their defense. At the end of the day, they’re not running a charity.

The bottom line for me is that they’ve made a great game that I’ve played for more than 2 years. It’s had its ups and downs, but it honestly pisses me off that people would try to bring down their entire business b/c of an issue like this. They’re clearly not greedy assholes trying to extract every dollar they can. Go play WWE Champions, or Marvel Puzzle quests, or Puzzle & Dragons, or literally any other FREE puzzle/rpg you can find on mobile. They’re sketchy as hell and their economies are BRUTAL in comparison to this one. They’re also in the top grossing rankings and making crazy amounts of money. The dev team chooses not to go that route. And they deserve our respect, patience, and understanding for that. They have proven, repeatedly, over the course of 3 years that they listen to player feedback, value it, and respond when and where they can/agree.

They may not be a charity, but we’re not philanthropists either, we’re customers. They offered us a certain amount of free stuff, and in return, we made purchases to complement that. Now they’re taking away that free stuff, and people are frustrated. Whether things were explicitly stated or simply implied doesn’t change the feeling players now have of being severely ripped off (although that does make a difference for the refund claims, which I can’t see happening, and I think some of the rhetoric on that is getting a bit much). But I’m confused about why you think that it doesn’t make sense for players to fight for their needs as consumers and describe it as “not seeing reason”, but you think fighting for their business needs is somehow such an honourable endeavour?

6 Likes

See that’s the thing. They made no guarantees, offers, assurances, etc. that you would get any amount of free stuff of any kind ever. If you bought a guarantee of 100s of gems per week (like the sub) then fine you have every right to complain if they suddenly take that away. But that wasn’t the offer. It was access to a VIP Chest. And you still have that.

Those payouts have changed many times over the life of the game. In fact, many months ago the VIP Chest was buffed. That’s absolutely no different from what’s happening now. Numbers changed and you’re getting different stuff.

I just don’t see anyone as entitled to any set of rewards, payouts, etc. unless those were explicit guarantees. Much like a traditional business. And they weren’t.

So all I see is a bunch of arguments that people are entitled to this or that b/c they’re VIP 5 or VIP 8 or whatever. No, sorry, it doesn’t work like that.

Again, I understand why people are upset – they had free stuff taken away and they like free stuff – but as I already said, I also see why it happened and frankly isn’t surprising to me. In the mean time, people are being straight up assholes in a way they would never be in person to a team that’s by and large treated its community very well over the years. I think many people would argue they’re one of the best in the biz when it comes to that and that they’re the most generous F2P game out there.

And, as I said, if you want a taste of the real world of F2P then feel free to go check out literally any other F2P puzzle/rpg out there. Enjoy those energy timers and expectations of $100s/week to compete and much more vicious drop rates and…

There are many things I’d like them to address but I just don’t think this is a realistic demand. Honestly, I just want them to abolish the RNG meta and bring back the fun game I’ve been in love with for the better part of 2 years. A few gems from LTs is ultimately way less important and also much less likely to get any traction.

the endgame rewards are just horrid and honestly insulting. Barely better than the standard rewards…and now with this gem nerf…I won’t be pushing ot asking any of My guild to participate in any legendary tasks again. The rewards are useless in comparison to the gold payout.

1 Like

Maybe you like doing business with companies where you need everything in writing, but that’s not my preference. I like to work with people who look out for my interests as well, and don’t just suddenly and arbitrarily start doing business with me in a different way. You’re arguing the letter of the law, when most of us are upset with the spirit of it. But you’re right, they didn’t put it writing, so nobody should have any expectations of them.

Very true, making the game fun again is the most important. Who cares if I get free gems if I’m not here to use them. But since they didn’t give us a date in writing for when things will be fixed or exactly how, I probably shouldn’t expect too much…

That’s why we play Gems of War and not a random other puzzle game, that also does not mean we can’t voice our concerns when they take off something from the game.

While I mostly agree that GoW is not one of the most expensive F2P game out there it is definitely not the cheapest when you consider the prices of growth pack or deathknight armor (note that the growth pack go up to 250$ regular and are discounted at 50$ for the longest time).

As I said in another thread I don’t consider myself as a donator when I make purchases in this game but truly as a customer and, like most players out there, I made purchases in the first place to obtain access to VIP chests (which is a subtantial amount of money for any game).

That might mean that the system has a flaw but that’s how the devs made it to be, if they nerf the usability of the VIP chests, players (customers) will of course complain.

Imagine you purcahse a nice 4k TV and then a mandatory update decreases the resolution by half, how will you feel?

It is also an accumulation of things that made the game more difficult, more RNG based, more time consuming thanks to the GW and now the soulforge and in the long run more exensive that is starting to piss off customers / players.

Back on the topic of LT the last one our guild completed netted a total of 6 arcane traitstones, 1 gem key and 1 event key … please explain to me how they that will make us want to continue completing LTs for such low rewards? While I don’t expect to get mythics every week, 2 keys seriously?

From my point of view GoW is on a slippery slope and I won’t have any problem looking for another game to spend time / money in if it continues to go downhill. And from what I see everyday from the forums and ingame I am not the only one.

As a final word, if something is not broken don’t fix it.

3 Likes

But it was broken. It was an uncapped flow of the most precious resource in the game. That’s silly broken.

Also, I can accumulate 33k gold way faster than 6 Arcanes. I’d take that trade all day. That seems like a terrible case for them being a bad value if you ask me. Put another way, the 36 Arcanes bundle is usually $35. That’s $1 and Arcane. You just got $6 in Arcanes for 33k gold. (Plus $2.50 in Keys.) Really, that’s a terrible value?

LTs still have tons of value. I don’t think the hyperbole does anyone any good.

It was uncapped for a few players only who are playing the game since day one, I personlly never had uncapped ressources of any kind and I play for over a year in a top 10 guild.

Note that you can get arcane traitstones totally free by doing explore, same goes for keys with maps / leveling beyond 1000.

Ifd you believe that every legendary tasks is done by 30 players in a guild you are sorely mistaken, most players will stop at the requirements the guild decides it to be. I used to give 2 000 000 gold every week, I now am reluctant to give more than 1 no matter if the 6 traitstones are worth $6 or 0, they are easy to get from either the soulforge or explore anyway and what are the odds of them being the ones you need?

At least when you purchase an arccane bundle you know in advance what you are paying for and can decide accordingly. Same goes for glory rewards.

On the other hand you have LTs that are giving most of teh time crappy rewards, the 6 arcanes was maybe the best drop we got all week but when you get 300 glory and 2 keys tell me that is worth investing time and gold in them?

Players tends to compain for nothing, on this particular case with the current state of the game where you roll a dice each fight to know whether you will win or loose the fight even if you do possess the very best troops in the game there are reasons to complain.

As any RNG game some players will get lucky while others don’t, the lucky ones are maybe sitting on uncapped gems but 99% of the population is not. You can’t balance a game for the 1%.

It was ‘broken’, and I use the term loosely, for maybe -1-2% of the guilds. And that’s highly debatable.

Games have to be balanced for the 1%. I’d argue that’s one of the fundamental failings of the design, on the regular, with Gems.

League of Legends, Hearthstone, Overwatch, etc. have champs/cards that are only really good in the hands of exceptional players and the “average” player is trash with them. But they can’t buff them to make them good for the average player b/c it’s totally game-breaking. It’s the exact same principle at work here.

This is doubly true for all F2P games where you have to walk a tightrope between giving away too much for free and being too stingy. Most games err WAY more to the side of being stingy. Seriously, go play any other puzzle/rpg and report back. Gems of War is the best on the market, by far.

2 Likes