Lava's in the Air

I rarely get an extra turn from explosions nowadays even if a storm is on…

Using the Titan class per default as all great people tend to do because Titans are awesome, i start with duststorm, which seems to help a ton in making Igneus spell not backfire. I agree though converting red away is annoying with most of the better troops this kingdom has to offer, if only Gog and Gud was a better legendary…

I’m curious… do you guys pick a pun first before designing a troop?
Or do you really just randomly think of these puns afterward?

1 Like

I like to think of it as a little of both. We get troops like Hind with a decent flavor pun and a story set up for a bad (yet funny) pun. On the other hand, we get troops like this raid troop or pyggra who look awesome that the team is designing the flavor text and on the spot the pun is made.

The troops are in the works for months before release. Sirrian (or whoever else is helping him) has heaps of time to come up with a pun for each week’s event.

My new PvP defense team! ^^

Showcasing new Underworld troop, while still keeping Broken Spire theme. (and all red troop for event stones!) Don’t underestimate ever-increasing spilt splash damage!

As for Pyggra+Infernus combo, it still work very well post explosion nerf, with hardy any different noticeable. Cascades left after explosion, combining with storms, is still the fastest way to get mana, only a bit unreliable compared to convertors. Doomskulls are still scattering around, so 50% mana is still quite a lot if your explosion managed to hit them.

1 Like

To be fair, @Sirrian is an absolute pun master. I am inclined to believe he is inspired every time he sees a troop and has an endless supply of jokes to make about them.

7 Likes

Funnily enough, I’m not getting tired of seeing this. I bet many people are though…

It just look very wrong

Does anyone remember how summoned by trait work in Class event? I think this is the first time after 4.0 update I see summoned troop with such a crazy stats like this. (It’s from the fight in stage 8, the Grosh-Nak team)

Does “collection rule” doesn’t work anymore?

There was a discussion about the inconsistency of some summon effects on troops with levels higher than 20 and i guess the devs tweaked the summons to be on the same level of the source.

1 Like

So it did get tweak. But is it work like that in every modes with troops’ level higher than 20? Oh no… Infernal King’s pet rescue are about to get hellish.

I can’t confirm pet rescue yet.

1 Like

Okay. Just get Queen Grapplepot’s Pet Rescue and try to get Goblin King on stage 7 to summon.

Also, useful Mithran’s post I found.

Seems like level capped at 20 is not there anymore for spell summoning, and their summoned troop’s level will always equal to summoner’s magic (In the picture, Goblin King got exactly 25 magic). For trait summoning, it will be at the same level of original troop? Might need more data to figure it out.

1 Like

Yep, Infernal King is still the same level if his trait procs BUT his traits don’t carry over. So if he revives, he doesn’t revive again due to the lack of any traits

1 Like

Yeah, there is also inconsistency with Sunbird’s ressurrection:

2 Likes

Just get him to resurrect in Stage 8 of his pet rescue. So I can confirmed that the resurrected one will have no trait, but still as level 100 like his original form. It’s seems to be the new summon-by-trait rule now.

Also, is the Vault Event starting now? I thought it was moved to Saturday-Monday. Looks like things are going at usual, that date is just an error in the plan.

1 Like

Yesterday the devs decided to move it back to friday-sunday

1 Like