Last Guild Wars + Compensation

It means change to a guild without GW requirements. :grin:

2 Likes

“feels” ?

Plenty of guilds were materially affected by this issue.

12 Likes

48k in defense scores in our case and loosing a bracket is most certainly not a “feels” :woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

50 gems compensation like normal would be an insult to high bracket players, those guys spend the most time on GW and 50 gems is like 2 hours of tribute for them.
The main question from us is: “Did you fix the bug? If not, please postpone GW until you do.”

11 Likes

So basically, nothing is fixed.
What is the point then of playing guild war and it is broken and unfair.

You should just delay guild wars till it is totally bugs free and fixed. Others than that, you are increasing the numbers of unhappy players and making everyone feels the pain all over again, WHY?!

4 Likes

Maybe they can run more 3 day faction assaults or something to fill the days? I understand people not wanting to lose bracket standings from scoring beyond their control. Perhaps they could come up with a temporary fix but they cant just either remove the defense score or give full defense score or defending teams will be very unbalanced if there is no penalty for repeating troops. Other than actually fixing it not sure how they could avoid that issue and make it equal for everyone.

I might be in the minority here, but I’m just glad gw is happening with or without the bug. Biggest reason is that our guild is far from the top and we need wars to score and that gets us up in the brackets. With no real competition usually, the bug only affects the rankings inside the guild. So I’ll take it with open arms, broken or not.

4 Likes

Correct me if I am mistaken but is a guilds GW score not made up of each players individual scores for the guilds top scoring members? If more players in one guild suffer losses to their defense score than another guild but they otherwise score exactly the same score then the guild affected less by the bug would get a win.

While I was lucky enough to avoid the bug last GW, I’d be pretty mad if I got hit by a bug that hasn’t been resolved after 2 months.

In B1 there is no margin for error to begin with and we all roll with max guardians, unless the compensation is a full refund of gems spent, it’s just a slap in the face.

7 Likes

I hope that compensation is huge, because I didn’t “feel” like my guild went down over this blunder (that you didn’t say was fixed). It happened, 100% because of the buggy scoring.

Basically shit went wacko and they can’t fix it for the next GW so they’re going by the last known scores.

Put even simpler?

Shit’s broken, use last known good results while they try to “”“”“fix”“”“” the issue.

I read it differently.

They discussed whether to change guild rankings for the next GW, because the previous GW was bugged. They found that changing the ranking could cause more bugs, so they’re not going to change anything. They’re using the final rankings from last GW, which was bugged.

They haven’t said if they fixed the bug or not.

4 Likes

They haven’t even implied they are working to fix the bug either - which would have been NICE to include. They just mentioned that GWS will go on as the rankings stand. Nothing about fixing the REAL problem.

3 Likes

Feelings manifest:

Consider that defence ‘only’ constitutes 21-30% of a player’s total points, but the above chart doesn’t differentiate between attack points and defence points. Thus, the number of players affected by the defence bug is much larger and the drop in points is much steeper than the chart might lead you to believe. Napkin math, grain of salt: more than 12% of players were affected.

2 Likes

It’s been postponed long enough. Let’s get to cracking. Only way to know if things are fixed is to roll with it. I don’t know of guilds on Xbox that had this happen. At least in B1 the guild that won did it with plenty room to spare. We had a couple people score less due to loss of power and things like that.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Just jumping in here to let you know that a fix has been implemented to the issues that were happening with Guild Wars.

We’ll be keeping a close eye of Guild Wars next week to make sure the fix is working correctly.

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

27 Likes

My guild, black lotus went down because of my (and others) score being short exactly 2000 points of what it should have been. We went down by less than 300 points.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the clarification OminousGman to the rescue

Sounds like they did best they could to fix the issues. Some may not be happy but there will be more wars and an opportunity to move back to B1 if you got moved down.

2 Likes

So as a high level player that plays in b1/b2 guild wars and truly loves that part of the game. … First off am excited for GW to come back if there truly is a fix. For compensation what I think is fair is 4000 diamonds to allow every player to forge a mythic of their choosing. All mythics to be guaranteed to roll through the soul forge within the next 4 weeks.

1 Like