[KNOWN ISSUE] Game STILL freezing after explore

Platform, device version and operating system:
Xbox 1

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
After finishing an explore battle on level 12 I collect my chest and try to quit out to the next kingdom, my game freezes on the screen shown above.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

Past 2 hours this happened over 10 times!
It does not matter if I get to claim a chest or not btw.

Steps to make it happen again
Finish another round of explore, leave when done with either legendary or mythic battle 50/50 chance my game freezes.

I know this has been reported before, but I think it needs more attention.

This game is designed to take a long time to completing your collection, currently I’m missing 3 mythics, and there is no realistic way to get them besides crafting, so farming keys isn’t really an option. I am in no way complaining about this, but if you decide to add something extra to do for the late/end gamers (medal all your troops) then it should work as intented!

The way explore is designed is that it awards you with extra mythstones after completing one of a few selected kingdoms, finish that explore and move on to another.
I would REALLY like to be able to play explore as it is intented, but this is just not letting me do that.

I’m more then happy to record the bug happening if that’s of any help.

Please fix this

Edit: Explore level does not matter

I was just thinking on making a new report on this, it’s just ridiculous that something like this has been around for more than a year without a fix.

I’d like to add that it can crash even when quitting without finishing the run or when quitting challenges.

2 Likes

Never had that happen but that might be because my challenges are long done, and I never totally quit out a explore before the run is done

1 Like

@Saltypatra could you provide us with e.t.a. on fixing this bug please ?

1 Like

Unfortunately we are still unable to reproduce this bug in house, even after extensive testing. We are still looking into it, but it isn’t a high priority as it has used a lot of dev time in the past without us being able to narrow it down, or experience it.

You can make it happen by doing explore and changing kingdoms. The more you change kingdoms the more it happens. I would say it’s the worst bug in the game by a lot.

1 Like

Not experiencing it here, since not on Xbox: this however sounds increasingly like what happened a few years back

…whereas the company was unable to reproduce it or experience it for the longest time due to the fact that they do not play their game under the normal conditions required to experience these things.

Maybe, like it happened with the Unity issue in the link, this is due to some firmware/3rd party clash?
:thinking: :relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Maybe cynic, but I take “could not reproduce” lines with a grain of salt ever since they could not reproduce Frostmage 3rd trait bug (until somebody from community started digging game files).

And, yes, game still occassionally freezes on PC (only use mobile for tributes and needed pets so never experience the bug there due to no explore), not the end of the world yet annoying when it happens.

3 Likes

This also happens on ps4 i made a video on how to get around it without restarting on my channel. I could 100% get proof if u need it

1 Like

@Saltypatra

Here’s a recording I made to show this bug, took me 6 mins to reproduce it

Check out this video “Recording the explore bug” Twitch

You could skip the first 6 minutes, fix included at the end.

Edit: fix is the wrong word here, I should’ve said how to work around it.

1 Like

Thank you for providing the video, I have passed it on to the team.

1 Like

This also happens regularly on switch. It only happens when trying to EXIT explore, which is why it might be hard to recreate.