[Known Issue] Game breaking bug: too much gold on account

I find them to be too quickly dismissing things which I personally find very annoying.

Not sure if they don’t give them enough time to do their job properly or what but it leads to a lot of ill will - which is sad.

If you look at the positive responses to the Sirrian sneak peek you can see how well positive interaction is received (and by you I don’t mean you personally but someone/anyone).

2 Likes

I have now seen a screenshot of a response from Bramble 4 months ago where they said they took the original player’s advice and were going to have the devs reduce the player’s gold by 100M. They also told the player in question not to horde gold “especially near the 2,100,000,000 limit.” (that is a direct, word-for-word quote from the support message) As far as I know, I’ve never heard that this was ever put out as a warning to the general membership and, obviously, no safety measures were ever implemented in the game itself.

14 Likes

This issue should give us a reasonable explanation.Because it’s related to each of us players.Even if you do not disclose the maximum storage quantity of each resource.At least repairs should be made to affected players.Rather than treating players who are also facing this issue differently.

3 Likes

You just know that someone will look at that figure and think “Challenge Accepted” :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Does anyone know if donating more than 2,147,483,647 total gold to your guild can cause this bug too? I’m only at 450m donated to my guild, but it would be worth knowing if I’ll need to leave then rejoin my guild if I ever get to around 2.1b in total donations.

1 Like

That part works correctly.

3 Likes

Yes, an actual user was impacted. Cronus from Anarchy hasn’t been able to get into the game for going on 5 days. Yes, it’s probably not common, but that’s not the point. The point is that this happened and the devs aren’t addressing the issue.

5 Likes

This is a valid question. What else does this 2^64 impact? We need to know.

5 Likes

raises hand to ask a question If the limit doesn’t affect the donated gold amount, why is the gold on hand a problem? Well, one answer would be that the devs have already fixed the problem with the gold donated, but didn’t fix it everywhere.

I don’t post on the forums very often, but this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Not all players are hard core, long term players just like not all players are new and scrambling to get 1K gold in a week. The game needs to take in all players levels into account.

6 Likes

Something the devs unfortunately don’t do. This isn’t the only time that hardcore endgamers have been shafted in some way.

5 Likes

I’ve never heard of this before. Not that I’d ever get close to having that much gold but this issue hasn’t been created by a player. No one could have known before it happened to someone.

1 Like

This situation is a shame. There is a player locked out of the game because of a BUG, he is a VIP and you are ignoring him? It does not make any sense. His whole guild family is spending money in the game. If you only care about cash, which seems to be the case, it does not make sense either, because the whole family will refrain from spending now.

6 Likes

Coding bug. The game client reads the amount of gold owned into a smaller variable than the server is sending, this causes an overflow past 2 billion. Donated gold is read into a properly sized variable.

6 Likes

A level limit issue was mentioned in this thread. Has it been fixed?

They are not ignoring him, they are showing him the door. They are saying he is already flagged as cheater (due to Krinklemas, of all things), so they won’t even bother spending time on this. The game client not letting him in is proof enough that he cheated again, they will automatically close any futher tickets he submits for his account.

5 Likes

Whats wrong in their mind :sweat_smile:? It is not a shame that players hit the maximum gold. Many games set it like 999,999,999. They can just reduce some gold from Cronus and set a number like 2billion with a deadline every players spending the excess gold. Then, no more gold can exceed that maximum. All problem solved. we are not requesting them change the code to 2^64. its too much work for them.

1 Like

You are playing with the meaning of the words. They are actively ignoring him if you would prefer. They, choose to do so. How would they show the door to someone who is not actually a cheater, but someone playing the game (a lot…probably too much) and spending cash which allow the dev to get food in their plates. This automated thing is stupid.
Anyway, i think we all agree this situation should not be happening. Too bad i already quit the game 3 months ago, or i would quit it again…

6 Likes

It’s not just Cronus, see:

This has been going on for at least several months now. It would be trivial to fix this bug. Instead, whoever runs into it is treated as if their account had been banned, meaning you first have to appeal for your ban to get lifted to get any support. Good luck with that.

8 Likes

How fast would the devs respond if there was a problem spending real money in the game? Just asking…

This isn’t a trivial thing. The devs want us to keep spending real money in the game, but they don’t want to respond to problems. I don’t have a problem spending real money in a game if I’m going to get something for it. The minimum would be quick response - no matter what the day of the week - to a problem. A thoughtful response to a problem, not an ignore, we can’t be bothered response to any problem.

I’m trying to be positive and not say negative things about the game or the devs, but it’s getting hard. This isn’t a problem that came up on the weekend. It’s happened before and this time we’re heading toward a week without a solution. That means the main team has been available with this started. Refusing to let players play the game isn’t helping anyone and is annoying - at best! - a lot of people.

Please think about how you’d feel if one day, for no reason, you couldn’t log in to the game and the devs refused to look in to the reason why. What would you do?

Cronus and others have been way more tolerant of delays than I would have been. Kick me out of the game for something that isn’t my fault and it’s all over. I like the game a lot but…

7 Likes

So in cronus case, he might very well have all your stated issues that might come due even after his gold issue gets resolved so (we) they need to know about max key holdings or traitstones or souls. Just to name a few And up the max levels for us that hasnt been looked at since the xmas troop treasure maps

They all might be trade secrets to prevent cheating but obviously this isnt the case in certain guilds that grind 30k per person -->collect instead of use and these add up big over time.

Just to prevent any future events from happening

1 Like