Upgrade Legendary Tasks

First I am quoting Awryan from this locked thread: [Known Issue] Game breaking bug: too much gold on account - #37 by Antitan

"I think that question is better left to your design team to answer, who have done nothing to change Legendary Tasks despite at least 50 different resources being added to the game since it’s inception. Including new keys that can’t be found in legendary tasks.

I imagine their hoard of gold is like my hoard of keys. What’s the point in using them (it) ???"

That thread was locked as it was related to a banned/blocked account - however the original question was - WHY DO PEOPLE PILE UP GOLD? Instead of donating all to the Guild…

I do not even have that much gold, but I know do not feel like donating gold towards the so-called Legendary Tasks (LT’s), feels like an utter waste. You donate a few MILLION gold and all the players get from one completed LT is 1 event key, a few wings and some traitstones.

That is ridiculous considering how old the game is, considering the fact that most players are way over level 1000 by now - more like around level 1500, and considering that these resources mean nothing to them.

So I know after the basic and epic statues are all done, no one bothers to donate more gold.

As for the chance to get a mythic - I have NEVER seen anyone but the very top hardcore guilds ((like no 1 - 10 in the game or so) ever getting a mythic from LTs. It is always just a Legendary troop that no one needs.

LTs have apparently never been upgraded since the inception of the game 8 years ago, so maybe they need to be added to the list of upgrades so as to avoid the gold hoarding that has been causing the bugs/bans/blocks.

25 Likes

100% agree to this. We need better reward for Legendary Tasks. The game becomes very boring for end game player because we have a lot of those already. What we need is some nice rewards for LTs like Book of deeds or Orb of minion.

3 Likes

What would make it LTs worth it?

The people collecting 20B gold have all mythics, dont need dragonite or any other resource except deeds and they won’t give us 1 deed/ 1M gold. At best they add them to the loot pool at a super low rate?

1 Like

Writs, deeds, deed books.

Very wishful thinking but those would make LTs worthwhile.

10 Likes

We got one last week after many months of nothing (but we only get a few LTs each week). Doomclaw - so, debatable if that’s good. But at least some didn’t have him yet.

1 Like

Well true the very top players might have everything but if they know others in the guild appreciate the rewards they might feel inclined to spend more gold? There are many mid to end level players that will spend more gold too - like me - if I know I can get some deeds, diamonds, dragonite, gems, a mythic, delve shards, shiny keys, pet orbs etc.

1 Like

I feel like keys and traitstones are helpful to lots of people but i am in the extreme minority for every opinion i have.

I do think LTs need a rework to be clear, before anyone attacks me for arguing.

1 Like

Oh I am not saying remove the existing rewards - by no means - just add three more items.

3 Likes

Adding all new resources to LTs would make a huge difference. I would definitely spend more on LTs if I new my guild could get better resources even if I don’t need them. Also please take out the traitstones. No one spending 1 million on an LT would be going for those when you can just get them in explore. @Kafka

4 Likes

Good luck! LT change is surely needed but when have the devs added to old resource? It’s more new content! all the time! And only that.
Like, remember warbands? Anyone seen those change for forever?

Edit: oopsie had not read the patch notes before posting. Oh well…

2 Likes

They have been changed twice, as in nerfed into the ground. I still recall the last time, where it took a huge community effort to prevent the worst. We got a peek behind the curtain, from what we saw I’m VERY sure that the next Legendary Task rework will be something thoroughly hated by the community, and this time it will be around to stay.

8 Likes

That is not good news. And I was so optimistic…

If that is the case, my guild will just stop doing them entirely. Maybe enough other guilds will too, so they rethink it.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call us hardcore at all; we’re ranked 119th in Trophies and have been stuck there for eons. We do LTs during every GW week and manage 120+ LTs every time. We get a Mythic probably 1/3rd of those gold dump weeks.

Not disagreeing with the general sentiment that LT rewards need to be improved–I’d love that–but it’s definitely not just uber hardcore guilds that are pulling Mythics from LTs.

2 Likes

I own every troop in the game and have pretty much zero need for any of the resources we get from doing LTs once a month. But I grind for Gold and dump as much as I can to help benefit the other members of my guild who DON’T have everything. I put every last piece of gold into LTs every month, I’m at 0G when weekly reset comes after that. I don’t care for myself if we pull a Mythic from LTs–I care for the members that gain a new troop out of that.

A lot of my playing, in general, is to benefit the entire guild rather than just myself.

7 Likes

This game have big problem with rewards and useless rewards.

What do we get as a reward for the top 100 of pvp? Spend 100 hours to get 20-100 gems, few ingots and 2K-10K of gold. Who needs 10K of gold after 1000 pvp battles?

What do we get as a reward for the top 100 Tower of Doom? Spend 1000-1500 gems to get 25 gems as a reward? Ha, Ha thanks. :sweat_smile: It can be at least diamonds or dragonite. And not 10-25-50, but 100-150-200.

What do we get as a reward for winning or participating in a guild war? The real rewards are only for the first bracket, and everyone else just participates. We’ve been playing in the 3-5 bracket for a few years now, but I still haven’t collected the usual troops from the rewards. Because we can get only 20. And who plays in brackets 10+ will never ascend to the mythic.

All this has not been updated for many years and something from start. Developers are very greedy when it comes to rewards. The main goal is to burn a lot of time and get money or at least burn our gems. There should be no pleasure from the rewards. :smiling_face_with_tear: This is not a Chinese gacha. :smile:

6 Likes