Kingdom Preview: Drifting Sands

New kingdom will be either blue or brown (check what kingdoms we have now, blue and brown are lacking).

It might be Brown/Yellow, but gives masteries to Brown.

It has to be Brown / Yellow banner, its the only remaining color combo we’re missing. Could use some more (lower-tier) blues though…

1 Like

More blue will come later with White Lands. :relieved:

@Nimhain Nice avatar :smile:

Thank you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A new dragon coming to town eh?
Looking fancy and all!

I’m not good at guessing but I’ll bet that’s Darkstone’s late +1 :slight_smile:

It is, because it doesnt dress desert. :))

@DonBoba
@Eika

Drifting Sands will be Brown/Yellow, and most of the Boss Legendaries are the same colours as their Kingdoms.

Blue is already covered by all 6 combinations;

Blue/Red - Mist of Scales
Blue/Yellow - Sword’s Edge
Blue/Green - Maugrim Woods
Blue/Blue - Stormheim
Blue/Purple - Khetar
Blue/Brown - Broken Spire

I havent said anything else, so I don’t get why you tag me. :slight_smile:

This is why I tagged you. :wink:

Every colour combination is now represented with 21 Kingdoms.

But, more Blue will come because of the masteries is uneven now.

Wrong. Most of them only have one colour in common with their Kingdom.
Ex : Khetar
Zhul’Kari
Adana
Broken Spire

Occasionnaly, they have no color in common
Ex : Stormheim
Mist of scale
Maugrim Wood

But I can only think of one legendary having both colors in common with their Kingdom : Zaejin’s Goblin King.

However, I do expect Great Mow to be brown / yellow (or maybe brown / red.)

Did you check masteries spread amount kingdoms. Blue and brown have just 2 kingdom bonus masteries, while others have 4. That needs to be equal.

…and there are a lot more kingdoms yet to reveal… beyond the 21 you get with single and double colour pairs…

Problem is : for this to be equal, there needs to be a number of kingdoms that is a multiple of 6 as there are 6 colors in the game.

The problem is that since there is 6 colors and kingdoms have dual color banners (where the 2 colors can be the same, making it a double mono color), there are 6! = 6+5+4+3+2+1 = 21 combinations of 2 colors to cover all color combinations.

Drifting Sands will be the 21st Kingdom, thus covering the final dual color combination. Needless to say, 21 isn’t a multiple of 6.

So we can have as much kingdoms covering each dual colors (multiple of 21) or as much kingdoms giving each single color mastery (multiple of 6). We can also end up with both, but for that, you need a common multiple of 21 and 6 (so a multiple of 42 Kingdoms, twice the number of kingdoms we will soon have).

Alternatively, they could also keep it to 21 Kingdoms and split in 2 colors the mastery bonuses of each kingdom to match the colors of their banners.

I’m on Console, so none of that is easily checked.

I’d love some insight on how you guys plan on expanding on 21 Kingdoms without just duplicating the combinations.

Was what I intended to mean.

Right now we automatically think Banner = Mana. But really there is nothing that forces that in the future.

Ignoring all balance issues from these examples, you could have something like a Glade, that gives +1 green, +1 life per turn. Or a Volcano that gives +1 red, and all troops have the burn status.

They’ve shown that as this game stays successful, they can expand into ever more awesome features beyond the basics it began with.

1 Like