Kingdom Preview: Drifting Sands

I mainly just asked if it moves all troops by 1 slot, all troops by 1 slot but always put front slot last, or 1st slot to last slot only. Based on the ability description in the preview, it is first to last only. This doesn’t really make much sense to me since his ability is said to hit everyone, yet only move 1.

It will most likely push 4th up once with 2nd taking the new forth.

Fig 1. (yellow taking hit)
:heavy_multiplication_x::slightly_smiling::heavy_multiplication_x::smiling_imp: > :heavy_multiplication_x::heavy_multiplication_x::smiling_imp::slightly_smiling:

In case of empty 4th slots, yellow smiley will just be knocked to the back without much adjustment.

Fig. 2 (yellow taking hit)
:slightly_smiling::smiling_imp::heavy_multiplication_x::heavy_multiplication_x: > :heavy_multiplication_x::smiling_imp::heavy_multiplication_x::slightly_smiling:

And if my guess on how the mechanics will work is correct, even hitting the 3rd spot when it’s last will knock it to 4th.

Fig. 3 (yellow taking hit)
:smiling_imp::heavy_multiplication_x::slightly_smiling::heavy_multiplication_x: > :smiling_imp::heavy_multiplication_x::heavy_multiplication_x::slightly_smiling:

Note that this is merely how I understood the effect, there’s no guarantee this is all correct. (Though I’m likely very close.)

1 Like

He hits everything.

This is impossible regardless of how the ability functions.

Not sure where you got that, but the preview post above says it targets the first troop only, while the in-game data says it targets a single troop. Just one.

Not really. If the mechanic forcibly targets a particular troop and knocks it to the back, 4th slot is naturally the place it’ll go.

I read that as AoE. It also moves 1st to last regardless of target even if it is a focused one shot.

Scratch that, I read it again, you accidentally separated what was an additional part of the details.[quote=“Sirrian, post:1, topic:4203”]
By controlling the wind and sand, Dust Devils can not only damage the entire enemy team, but they knock the first enemy opponent into last position!
[/quote]

The spell works like so:

Dust Devil hits entire team. (Or perhaps can hit whoever it so pleases.)
:slightly_smiling::smiling_imp::x::smile_cat:

THEN, knocks whoever is in the front-most position to the back.
:x::smiling_imp::smile_cat::slightly_smiling:

That’s all there is to it.

Yes, I know this. What I am saying is that a spell that hits all troops should incrementally move them all too. If the 4th slot is vacant, the front troop will not move any other troop. Having an incremental 1 move with a front to back always occurring may not be much different for some teams, but it would effect summoning teams different than the current mechanic seems to behave.

Which is what my original post was intending to explain. My guess is that a vacant 4th slot moves the troop to that position without further alterations to the team.

Assuming that’s the only question you wanted answered. (Consider the rest of that post in the case a troop that does target it’s knocking is made in the future.)

I don’t have time to fully explain this now, but what I am basically saying is all troops need to move by 1 as well as front troop to back, regardless of a vacant slot on 4th.

Which most likely won’t be what happens. I understand what you’re saying.

:slightly_smiling::smiling_imp::x::smile_cat: > :smiling_imp::x::smile_cat::slightly_smiling: (This is what you want/expect to happen.)

:slightly_smiling::smiling_imp::x::smile_cat: > :x::smiling_imp::smile_cat::slightly_smiling: (This is what most likely will happen.)

2 Likes

Saving souls to level up new hero classes
Saving glory for the reward chests troop
Saving gems for event chest to get a bunch of the new kingdom’s blue+ troops
Saving gold for gold keys to try and get a bunch of the new kingdom’s white/green troops

Heh, not buying anything for a while!

2 Likes

^ Me in December. It’s been rough. On the flip side, I will have all of the things.

Yeah been saving up the past couple months too. Over 20K souls, 600+ gold keys, 1500+ glory keys, 600K gold and 10K glory for the new kingdom and update. All that spending will be like Christmas!

I hope that the great maw has a devour skill that hits either two or more troops or all the troops and if i read correctly highest cost in the game. If you can only cast it once then that might imply that it kills all the opponents team so that you cant use maw’s spell again. Also it might be brown and yellow but that is my opinion cause i think of sand as brown and yellow. I would wager that the great maw is the final boss of the desert story wise and the sand guy is who you are helping but that is a random stab in the dark. Dust devil attacks you but you fight him off and he thinks you are strong enough to help him to hunt the great maw so you guys travel through the desert to find and kill the maw but this is all speculation to the story of the desert.

That would be waaaaaaaaay too OP. I would value a single target, single use, 100% devour at about 20 mana cost. Given that it is the highest mana cost in the game, I think it will cost 25 or 30 mana for a 100% to devour + some kind of buff. Something like 100% devour + full heal + cleanse + spawn (magic, 15ish) skulls + extra turn for 30 mana.

Anything that ever costs 25+ mana will be easily manageable with all the 9 mana cost mana drains in the game as well as Moloch who will just do more damage based on it.

I do look forward to see a lot more troops with 25+ mana cost spells.

1 Like

As long as it’s not fed by a easy transformer like slime’s purple or valkyrie’s blue…

My guess is Maw will be Yellow/Brown, as @killerman3333 mentioned. Can’t really imagine any other colors working except maybe Red.

So Alchemist and Acolyte would be the best feeder options. Mercy could work fairly well too.

2 Likes

Would be cool if it would be something like 200 mana after which it will devour the whole enemy team. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

In this case, it might just aswell cast “Alt F4” ^^