Kingdom and their color troops

As I got daily AB, to kill yellow troops i decided to make a table to decide which is best for fast D1 explores to get things done quick.

NOTE

Tables below base on 20 explore(mostly D1, with some small variety of other difficulties) runs. That gives 100+ battles and 400+ troops. I assume error margin of data presented below is at 0,25% per color (so 1,5% per kingdom)

Full table is located here:

Kingdom and their color troops - #35 by Sytro

Will update it as time goes by and new troops are being released.

NOTE

Tables below show up top5 kingdoms for each color farming. Will update them in future with main table.

blue
Kingdom Chance Min Max Most Common Average Traitstones
Merlantis 75,74% 2 4 3 3,03 Blue/Green
Glacial Peaks 55,20% 1 4 2 2,21 Blue/Purple
Khetar 52,75% 1 3 3 2,11 Blue/Purple
Dhrak-Zum 47,55% 1 3 2 1,90 Purple/Brown
Mist of Scales 46,29% 1 3 2 1,85 Blue/Red
green
Zaejin 60,34% 1 4 3 2,41 Green/Brown
Forest of Thorns 59,65% 1 4 2 2,39 Green
Wild Plains 50,75% 1 4 2 2,03 Green/Red
Bright Forest 49,03% 1 4 2 1,96 Green/Purple
Pan’s Vale 48,79% 1 3 2 1,95 Green/Yellow
red
Pridelands 65,35% 0 4 3 2,61 Red
Adana 53,50% 1 4 3 2,14 Red/Yellow
Maugrim Woods 48,02% 0 4 2 1,92 Blue/Green
Darkstone 47,82% 1 3 2 1,91 Purple/Brown
Ghulvania 45,25% 1 3 2 1,81 Red/Purple
yellow
Adana 53,50% 1 3 2 2,14 Red/Yellow
Drifting Sands 49,27% 1 3 2 1,97 Yellow/Brown
Whitehelm 49,26% 1 3 2 1,97 Yellow
Suncrest 47,57% 1 3 2 1,90 Green/Yellow
Stormheim 43,93% 1 3 2 1,76 Blue
purple
Ghulvania 54,46% 1 3 3 2,18 Red/Purple
Sin of Maraj 52,50% 1 3 3 2,10 Red/Brown
Zhul’Kari 48,79% 1 3 2 1,95 Green/Purple
Karakoth 48,54% 1 4 2 1,94 Purple
Silverglade 47,06% 1 3 2 1,88 Yellow/Purple
brown
Broken Spire 51,23% 1 4 2 2,05 Blue/Brown
Karakoth 47,57% 1 3 2 1,90 Purple
Dhrak-Zum 47,30% 1 3 2 1,89 Purple/Brown
Drifting Sands 47,09% 1 4 2 1,88 Yellow/Brown
Adana 45,75% 1 4 2 1,83 Red/Yellow
13 Likes

The Arcane Traitstone of each kingdom indicates which Mana color type for troops can most be found there for explore.

So when a player gets the kill 150 purple troops. Their best best is a kingdom with purple TS.

The charts may be an over explanation of what used to be Common GoW knowledge. I’m sorry if that’s not the case anymore.

That was the case for 4 of 6 colors, but the analysis showed that Red and Blue Kingdoms failed the “purity test”, with Pridelands and Stormheim placing 5th in those respective colors.

Thank you @Sytro for your time and effort.

As an aside, I normally take 2-3 days to finish such tasks, but this Tuesday an alt got the Purple hunter killer task, and completed it long before reaching delve level 200 during the faction event. There were only 2 purple in the first and final room, but plenty in the rooms between.

1 Like

Ahhhh you’re right. One players personal analysis trumps all counter knowledge of the game operations. My bad.

It never did. At least since i’m playing GoW (arround 2,5year). At that point these kingdom were never a best choice for explore-killing colored troops.
In Explorde before remake, you could encounter troop from neighbouring kingdoms, that’s why best kingdom for farming specific color was almost never the kingdom with arcane mono-colored traitstone.
Red used to be Grosh-Nah (big number of red troops between orcs and for some reason red dragons from dragon’s claw and red deamons from Blighted Lands were happily roaming arround).
Blue, was always Merlantis, as blue troops from Blackhawk and Swords Edge used to roam there.
For Brown it used to be Drifting Sands.
Adana for yellow.
Khetar was one of best for Purple.
Green… it was either Zaejin or Pan’s Vale - not sure, but troops from this two kingdom liked to roam into each other.
And i’m almost 100% sure of these kingdoms, as i used to do a LOT of explores (traiting new legends every day/two with grinding all traitstones (mainly 16 arcane’s) from explore), and took some notes of most common colors in these places…

Now, after remake it also never been the way it is now(didn’t do the numbers at the begining, but pretty sure Merlantis was top Blue, and Pridelands was somewhere where it is now or even below top 5 for Red) - every faction added to the game changes the numbers, every week troop/event troop also. New mythics and legends dont change much as they are skipped in my calculation.

Depending what color will be Khaziel Faction troops- it might fall from the top - if all 3 non-legends wont be brown, Drifting Sands will be better place to encounter Brown enemies.

One final note → Grosh’Nak has red/brown(Lava?) Arcane traitstones, but most of it’s troops are red and green, it puts it in top 4 for farming red and top 5 for farming green. Higher than Zhul’Kari which even is a “Green” kingdom…

One person analysis counters what you used to call “common sense” in other topics :wink:
Common sense might be misleasding, that’s why i made this topic - these 6 tables might be usefull for newer players. I might even add info about Arcanes that can be farmed there (on the way).

Especialy that i’m planning on updating them with every new troops released.

6 Likes

78.9% of Epic and below troops in Merlantis use Blue, compared to 45.5% in Stormheim. It’s a different way to look at things. Doesn’t necessarily trump “all counter knowledge of the game”.

I might still go to Glacial Peaks, just because I enjoy killing Fey. But, there are better options out there. Allegedly.

2 Likes

This tables can also be used in a way: I dont need Arcanes from Merlantis, where could i go now and still have some good chance at killing blue ?

4 Likes

I see what you’re saying now.
It’s going to require a lot of work to keep each chart updated every week but if you stick with it then I definitely see the use and will be happy to promote it.

2 Likes

It will require only to update statistics for 1 kingdom (where new troops/factions is added) → check numbers on all 6 six colors of that kingdom, and see if it moves into top 5 or falls down (if it falls, i’ll have to recalculate whole color again - or at least kingdoms from that color, that aren’t in top 5…) everything ~20minutes weekly (40 when new faction is added, because will recalculate twice)

Example:

this week’s Darkstone brown/purple troop will require calculating statistic for Darkstone for purple and brown troops, as Darkstone is not in top5 in any of these:

kingdom troops (epic or lower) legendaries mythics total troops total troops (minus legends and mythics) % of color below legend
purple 10 3/4 1/2 29 23 43,5%
brown 7 1/4 1/2 29 23 30,4%

And with 43,5% of purple Darkstone kick Khetar from top5 purple

1 Like

Just a random thing worth noting, depending on what the bonus is for the week, it may cause some troops to not show up.

Example: In one of the events which caused many of the Stormheim troops to have stat bonuses, it caused Urska Wanderer and Serpent not to show up, which didn’t have any bonuses. They started showing back up once the week was over.

Some other troops just never show up in Explore as well due to troop role. I don’t think I’ve seen Arctic Fox, Penguin, Berserker, Frost Giant, Northender, or Snowy Owl from what I recall from farming Stormheim Explore 12.

It kinda makes the chart harder to follow, unless you want to manually confirm how many of the troops actually do show up as intended.

Might try few D1 in Stormheim runs today to check if i’ll get any. But that’s a good point.

With Orrey (yellow/blue) and Auspecia (blue/green) troops released, troop table for 3 colors for Divinion Fields looks like:

color troops (epic or lower) legendaries mythics total troops total troops (minus legends and mythics) % of color below legend
yellow 8 3/4 1/1 26 21 38,10%
blue 5 1/4 0/1 26 21 23,81%
green 9 2/4 1/1 26 21 42,86%

That moves Fields down on yellow table.

1 Like

Great info. :slight_smile:

Some kingdoms are worse than others for a variety of things.

For example, Red.

Pridelands has no summons, no spell armour, 1 Impervious troop and 1 troop (Salamander) with burn immunity. It is a pure red kingdom and has the lowest % of red, but it’s got less issues with farming.

Adana has 2 Impervious troops and 3 summoners and 2 lots of spell armour.

Blighted Lands has 4 summoners, 2 Charmers and 5 burn immunities. It also has mana drain available and 5 troops that death mark…some with skulls.

Sin of Maraj - 2 devourers, 1 Impervious, 1x Death Mark on skulls, 2 summoners, 3 with spell armour, Lust

Grosh-Nak has 6 summoners and 2 on death

Pridelands is by far and away the best farming location for red. :slight_smile:
Edit and Night Stalker is in 99% of battles, and Spell Paw is in nearly all and gives a red storm.

1 Like

Yes, they are. I’m looking only at probability of encountering X colored troop, based on troops colors and rarity, but as you mentioned below - there are other factors that people will find important.
(like for me - all troops types and their traits are less important, because i’ll probably farm these on low level explore with some 1-hit aoe caster - in case i get any quest to kill X colored troops)

2 Likes

Yep, traits won’t matter so much at low level.

Summons on death will, so probably best to avoid say Grosh Nak still. Also Nocturnia has 50% summons on death in Blighted Lands and can pop the egg that will summon again.

I never ever go below 5, and avoid spell armour/summons and such, which makes Pride Lands pretty good. 5 gets more bang for buck for the same time spent, as you earn more gold.

The only time 5 is not viable, is for those without Nysha medals and low level kingdom magic/guild bonuses I guess. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

With Dragonian Sage (red/blue) color tables for red/blue for Dragon’s Claw look like this:

color troops (epic or lower) legendaries mythics total troops total troops (minus legends and mythics) % of color below legend
red 6 2/3 2/2 24 19 31,58%
blue 7 0/3 0/2 24 19 36,84%

As i did some explore runs lately i haven’t encountered a single troop of base “common” rarity (unless it was a gnome that poped in) so i’m thinking about excluding all commons from calculations…

Edited:
so I did it for yellow ones, and suprisingly Stormheim made it to top 5 for yellow color, being better than Adana, Pan’s Vale, Drifting Sands …

1 Like

Finished updating all tables to not include commons into calculations.
Included all kingdoms into all tables.
Will update them tomorrow when new mythic is here. Should be easy tweak of 3 columns in all tables for 1 kingdom. (number of troops, number of troops on specific color, number of colored mythic.all mythic)
it shouldn’t affect the general structure of tables, unless there’s a tie between kingdom and that mythic ratio shifts one kingdom over another.

1 Like

Interesting. Is this the case for all explore difficulties, or did you specifically test above a given explore difficulty?

Mostly d12, but did few d1 runs and haven’t met any… all troops seem to be double-colored (with mythics having 3)
No dooms, no GW troops. No other mono-colors.

1 Like