Journey now unplayable at higher levels pt2

as that thread was relocked … care to continue?

1 Like

Well I was just going to reply to @Tresk and say I agree 100% with their post, which was this:

No. The issue is not that. At least not for a good number of us. The issue is the nerf makes the journey troop a liability INSIDE the journey event.

I’m one of those people who would hardly use any of the journey troops outside of their event. And, on the handful of occasions where event restrictions left me no good choice other than building around a journey troop, it irritated me. Because nothing is fun, to me, about clicking the same card 500 times in a row.

I, for one, am not ticked off that they nerfed the journey troops. I’m ticked off that they didn’t bother to address the underlying problem with the event that led them to create these boring arse troops to begin with. So the timeline has been… 1) Hey look new journey event. 2) Oops apparently the scoring will not work out without endless looping. 3) Hey! We deciding to make the event troops endless loopers, problem somewhat solved! 4) Oops apparently the journey troops are breaking the rest of the game. Gotta nerf em.

Nerfing OP stuff is a fact of game life. However, they should have changed/fixed the journey event BEFORE tackling the troop issue. It waited this long.

5 Likes

That’s probably a side effect of this change:

It basically allows a single determined person with a bit of time on their hand to create accounts to hold forum threads hostage, by spamming flags. Trust level 1 can be reached fast.

4 Likes

and if i feel they need a pt2, 3, 4 … then ill keep doing this. i am determined too and can make alt accounts

1 Like

Don’t, you’ll get your main account banned. Let @Kafka sort it out, without looking at the logs there isn’t even any way of telling if someone is really abusing the flag feature.

3 Likes

but without getting side tracked, why would this subject get flagged? they made a change to a troop which impacts the game mode it was created for to combat problems elsewhere in the game. :man_shrugging: im not bothered about the loop its the arbitrary 10 turn limit and no level cap

Yeah, it’s weird. The thread even feels pretty civil, we’ve had worse. :woozy_face:

yes nobody today can be told their wrong without returning to a child. if i’m told i’m wrong ill counter if i have no augment ill stay silent.

1 Like

i guess all we can hope for now is “sorry this is how it is, no more communication on this matter” just like err that missing vault, yes despite having them all the time now im still salty about it :rofl:

2 Likes

Dude, you’re getting flagged not because you disagree, but because you disagree so often. You are spamming up these threads with your incessant repetitive replies. You’re in favor of the nerf: we know.

11 Likes

Spamming, repetitively posting the same message, flooding chat or a thread with repeated posts.

3 Likes

Hmm…I started typing a few times and then dropped it, started, dropped, started, dropped, in the end I’ll just…

A lot has already been said about poor from (which has become the norm, sadly) of how devs and community managers have (mis)handled and still keep (mis)handling the situation - I can only agree.

Were the journey troops that hellish bane loudest voices made them to be? - Nope, no more than dozens of other stuff.

Were the journey troops be-all-end-all on every team? - Absolutely not! Most of the time (at least for me) there were better options available, but if anybody wanted to use them for their gameplay for whatever reason - go ahead, folks, that’s also an options and having more options to choose from is better than having fewer. Why should I care or dictate how you play your game?

Did the journey troops need balance change? - Probably, but not the sledgehammer surgery that was performed. Appropriate Journey event tweaks were also a must-have alongside but so far we haven’t got any (minimally lowering enemy level growth does not count as proper event tweak!). Balance changes should be carefully performed, not nuking the thing back to stone age despite what cheering bandwagoners say.

Is the journey event still doable? - This week somewhat yes, as there can be set up okayish pathfinder-independent loop team, but - it’s still a loop team (therefore - oooh! eeevil! nerf!), requires expensive ingredients, endgame stats and stuff. Guildies are downbeat already but, when we get restrictions forbidding even that, it will be a proper crash-landing for everyone.
Amusingly enough, I still haven’t noticed any of the bandwagoners gracing us, plebs, with strictly non-looping journey team that loses no miles, oh…let’s say for enemy level of 300+…where are you all? Save us! Give us a reason to worship you!

As a funny endnote, nice to see complaints about certain non-essential troops making boring this and brainless that and then they feature tripple Eye of Arges on their roster…holy moly, that team is a pinnacle of boring braindeadness! And there is not even an instant win button you could click, it’s all automatic! So, yeah, good times…

12 Likes

I am using this after level 300, currently at about level 530.
Titan class, Mang (weapon), Sir Quentin Hadley, Beastmaster Torbern, Adelwing.

Cast Mang once, then take few turns to charge up both Hadley and Torbern, then take few more turns to kill all opponents. In between, just need to keep hero barriered and juggling the board carefully.

1 Like

I don’t know about your experiences, but in my experience the AI has ALWAYS recast if the Pathfinder generated an Extra Turn (which is >90% of the time…). Chalcedony and Xenith were the worst of it, because Xenith creating more Gargoyle Gems slowly increased Chalcedony’s looping to infinity% and beyond.

Similar things happen with Detect-o-Bot, but at least that troop eventually self-destructs. Copycat and Necrocorn can loop themselves, too, but not as effectively and their loops don’t deal actual damage.

The Journey troops were, however, relatively easy to obtain and did not require ANY team synergy (beyond matching Troop Types) to set up the infinite loop.

1 Like

Threads are locked because the discussion has become too heated to continue, mods need time to review the thread, and the people involved in the discussion need time to cool off.

Don’t start new threads to continue discussions that have resuilted in an auto closure - it ends up in just a continuation of the issue that occurred in the original thread.

You can continue the discussion in the original thread once it’s re-opened.

4 Likes