Who is the forum manager?

Working on this stuff at the moment, so live update. I’ve made the following changes and am still digging around for these ban emails:

System messages now come from Kafka, not Saltypatra.
I won’t be the one sending all of them, the messages will automatically use my username, but at least the replies will come to me if there’s an issue.

Trust level changes to access features (old → new):

• flag posts: 2 → 1
  • ignore users: 2 → 1

Promotion from level 0 to 1 now requires:

• posts to be read for 10 minutes (up from 0 mins)
  • topics entered: 1 → 3
  • posts read: 1 → 5

I increased the requirement to become trust level one to help avoid any issues from flag spam from new users if there’s some drama.

I also allowed the use of the ignore function earlier because everyone should have the right to not view posts from users they don’t want to interact with.

@icy it’s not that I didn’t believe you it’s that I don’t know which information you have, as soon as you said you didn’t receive the email I added it to my to do list to see what was going on with it. Often CX will ask questions or make suggestions to ensure all bases are covered when checking something, it doesn’t mean we didn’t hear you and we’re open to follow up questions/discussion if what we suggested wasn’t the answer or wasn’t relevant. It’s usually a discussion when troubleshooting issues :slight_smile:

I’m just shocked the emails haven’t been working, I’m not sure if they ever worked currently. I may dig into when they stopped working later, but my priority is on fixing them for sure.

5 Likes