Journey Headstart offer refund/compensation

I dont want this to get lost with all the other journey info going on in the other thread, so im making a thread specifically about what happens for people who bought these headstart offers.

First of all: was the 20 shiny keys we received SUPPOSED to be the compensation for those that purchased these offers? If so, why did some people who bought 0 of the offers receive it and why did it not scale based on the number of headstart offers purchased? The only reason i purchased these headstarts is because i wanted that specific troop shiny, and NONE of the other shiny troops are remotely worth spending actual money on. 20 shiny keys is in no way a fair compensation for essentially taking back the specific item that was purchased.

If these 20 shiny keys were not the compensation for the people who purchased the headstart offers, then a progress report would be nice of what the team are thinking about in this regard. There really is no in-game way to fairly compensate everyone that bought these. The only way i can see other than an actual refund would be individualized compensation, which i know is basically impossible. The vast majority of people who specifically bought these offers could not care less about these shiny keys now and would probably prefer some other form of compensation, such as dragonite or gems.

I have already put in refund requests with microsoft, and if those do not go through i will be doing so with my credit card as well. I would recommend everyone who has bought these and is upset that they no longer have what they purchased to do the same, as even if they are not granted, maybe, just maybe, it could positively impact how the GoW team deal with real-money offers in the future.

If i had spent an in-game resource, like gems, on this offer, i would shrug it off as, oh well, thats why companies make these premium currencies in the first place. However, this is something that was bought directly with real money, and i no longer have a functioning version of what i bought. The GoW team sold us a lemon, and fair compensation or a refund is deserved.

6 Likes

Il just add info.
I got ten shiny keys as compensation, I never bought any headstarts.
I think mine and some others are shiny keys, that have been used on journey troops, as some of mine were lvl one and three.

This does make me think that the shiny keys given were NOT compensation for the purchase of the offers specifically, so i do hope they are still working on what to do about it. But since it was sent out in a message that mentioned the offers, and there has been no clarification on these forums, it would be nice if one of the mods would let us know.

Also , just so you understand what your doing and what your telling others to do.
If your card charges back, you’ll be banned and lose your game account, as it’s in the terms n conditions.
Also the headstart offer has a lot of things in it, not just shiny keys, so you’ve used that stuff, and it’s not just based of shiny keys, it’s based of a lot of factors. Like points gained through using a headstart in an event to help your guild, which has also ment everyone in your guild has gained from you buying the headstart.
So Upto you what you do, you wouldn’t win in court, and if you charge back you will break GOW terms n conditions.
So be willing to lose your account forever, same for anyone else that goes down that route.
I’m just bring helpful, don’t blame the messenger.

2 Likes

I was surprised to get 20 Shiny Keys in the mail since I’ve never bought a Headstart offer. Frankly, I don’t think I should’ve gotten anything since I have the option to refund the currencies spent to level up the troops.

1 Like

After reading the Terms of Service (linked from the game itself, last updated March 26, 2015) i see NOTHING about anything that happens occurring from a refund. Also, the support pages say refunds must go through the platform holder (which i am doing currently) but if you could point out explicitly where it says in the ToS that a chargeback results in a ban, i would be interested in seeing it.

As for what you get from the headstart offer, they can remove shiny keys from my inventory if they want, and charge me 500 gems per pack i bought for the tier 7 i would have purchased instead. They could do this relatively easily if they choose. They also could have not changed what i received from a purchase a couple months later.

1 Like

Ok like I said don’t blame the messenger.
They offer us offers with 3 or 4 things in that offer , the offer no were says, only buy this offer if you only want it for the shiny keys for the troop.
Your buying everything in that offer.
That offer helps towards points, towards whole guild events.
The offer isn’t anything to do with your reason for buying it, yes your reason might be you only want it for the journey troop upgrade, but the headstart sale isn’t based on this one reasoning.
It’s based on every item in that offer, you’ve used every item in the offer.
Your complaint is based on one item in the offer, based of your reasoning for buying it.
Now I hope you can understand what I’m trying to say, like I said I’m only telling you how it is legally , and you can do what you want.
But il leave it there .

And all im saying is that legally, this is very arguable. I would honestly like to see where you saw that a chargeback results in a ban, since i did not see it anywhere and that would be important imformation to where i would edit the op to not suggest others do that. Since i do not see that language in the ToS, i would still recommend it though.

1 Like

I just want to add this, just to try and persuade you.
Before you lose your account.
It’s the same sort of thing as buying FIFA, NFL packs or any other game stuff, you can buy these packs it’s then your property your saying.
But 4 years later they turn the servers off on them games, and all the packs you bought that are supposedly yours, you can’t use anymore as the servers are gone.
Yes there different games, but I’m trying to say, no matter what stuff you buy in the virtual world of the internet, these companies still own it all and can do what they want.
I’m only trying to help you, as I’m sure your angry, but how angry will you be , when you get perma banned.
And have no recourse.

Im still asking you where it says in the Gems of War ToS that you would be banned for this. Unless you are seeing a different ToS than I am, i see nothing about refunds/chargebacks. I am no stranger to spending money in this game or games in general. Games always run the risk of shutting down. If a game put out a new pack of DLC and then 2 days later shut the game down to where you could no longer access it, you could bet there would be legal implications. This is not nearly as drastic as that, but it is also not me buying a loot box. this was a specific purchase where (part of) the specific purchase was changed to be nearly worthless a short time afterwards. In most situations this is enough to be actionable.

Im not here to debate the legality of changing an item after it has been purchased, but if you can point me to the specific clause in the ToS, as i said, i would change the op so as not to suggest other people go for a chargeback.

1 Like

Your reasoning is, content simply not working as expected.
You’ve bought the headstart, expecting something to work the way you want it to, the game developers have changed one part of that headstart offer.
If you really can’t see , what I’m showing you.

Your asking me to prove were IV seen it, it’s like your wanting an argument, with someone trying to help.
That’s a you issue.
I know , why don’t you just charge back and then see what happens.
I’m not going to look for we’re I saw it, I’m also not going to prove to you that I’m trying to help.
It’s a bit weird , how your acting.
All I’m asking is, don’t tell people to chargeback, as they’ll possibly get banned, and it will be because of your recommendation.

1 Like

“When the customer uses this method repeatedly, or with the intent to be malicious, chargebacks can become fraudulent” is what it says, this is neither repeatedly, nor with intent to be malicious.

The reason i was asking you to point to it is because i do not see it anywhere, i would appreciate the link to it as well. I dont just take people on their word, especially on the internet, i like to see it myself. Its nothing personal, nor wanting an argument, simply asking for proof of your claim.

1 Like

Ok
So I’m not replying anymore.
Just so you know, as I don’t want others banned, iv flagged your post and asked them to check it out.
As telling people something that could hurt them, game wise .
Isn’t good, you can do what you want.
Just don’t tell others to do the wrong thing.
Have a good day.

Check how many pathfinder troops do you have with shiny levels. I also never bought anything and received 5 shiny keys and have only one pathfinder troop with shiny level. It seems they are giving 5 per troop.

2 Likes

My understanding is they compensated shiny keys spent for pathfinders regardless keys were purchased as part of headstart or were collected as free reward for passed stages of events.

3 Likes

A token gem refund for those of us who auto bought the tier pack being used to doing it to help the guild, only to realise it was a bad idea would also be welcome :stuck_out_tongue: Same for the Nightmare Circus when the intent was to try to use the faction team.

100 Gems and 1 Shiny Key was compensation for those that bought the Headstart.

Sort of feel like this doesn’t exactly equate to $10… This is why math is important :upside_down_face:

1 Like

i have not received this mail, it looks like its specifically for adelwing, which i did not buy the headstart for. The shiny key is completely pointless and 100 gems is a paltry amount, but it is better than nothing. I

Ill be looking out for it later, did you only buy 1 headstart? If so was it specifically the adelwing one? Just want to know if its just taking longer to be sent out to everyone, or is only for the most recent one.

1 Like