Journey Headstart offer refund/compensation

I only bought the Headstart for Adelwing, have not purchased past Journey Headstarts.

As far as this goes, they should just offer 500 gems to all players that have bought a journey head start. To give individual compensation would take too long. There are other things needing looked at, PvP for example.

judging by how they price gems, 500 per pack would be overkill. Even just 200 per pack would be acceptable. In the shop, 100 gems is $10, the same price as the headstart (this is an issue of its own since it has become MUCH easier to earn gems in-game, these gem prices should be adjusted accordingly). But yes, whether they are obligated or not, its something that would cost them literally nothing to do and would make those that bought the offers less upset about the contents being changed.

If 100 gems is ten dollars to buy.
And a headstart is ten dollars to buy, and you get numerous things in the headstart.
Then theyā€™d surely only refund have the money worth if gems from the headstart .
Which is 50 gems.
Iā€™m just using common sense here, but wouldnā€™t they think this way.

Hi all,

I just wanted to clarify about refund requests and the Shiny Key mail.

If you are not happy with a purchase made for Gems of War we do encourage you to seek a refund from the store you purchased it from. You will not be banned for making a genuine refund request.

Bans in this situation are only placed in the case of suspected or actual fraud.

There is nothing wrong with requesting a refund and receiving one.
As long as you are requesting it in good faith and not in an attempt to use fraudulent payment methods or abuse the storeā€™s policies in order to attempt to receive things for free, then you wonā€™t have a problem with your Gems of War account.

I canā€™t speak for the stores themselves if you initate a refund through your payment provider, I donā€™t know what the store policies are in that regard and I donā€™t work for or represent them.

Regarding the 20 Shiny Keys we sent out, this was a blanket mail to cover those whose affected Pathfinder Troops had Shiny levels. Due to data storage and privacy laws we donā€™t retain all your personal information, including receipts, forever, so a lot of this information was unavailable to us when sending the mail so we just sent a blanket mail to anyone with Shiny levels on these Troops to give you a way to get further shiny tokens for Troops for those purchases/upgrades youā€™d made.

Regarding the most recent Journey event headstart offer compensation mail.

Unfortunately, currently in game we donā€™t display the upcoming event Troopā€™s details anywhere in game. This Headstart Offer went live before the regularly weekly scheduled blog post with the Troop details went live as well. We feel it was reasonable to assume Adelwing would work similarly to previous Pathfinder Troops and rather than handle compensation for the Headstart Offer on a case by case basis, we sent the mail out to add additional value to the Headstart purchase to make it nicer.

If you are unhappy with the purchase of the Adelwing Headstart offer and additional Shiny Key and 100 Gems sent for it, please contact your store for a refund as soon as possible.

Weā€™re looking at adding the Troop details to the offer in future even if the Troop isnā€™t released in game yet so that you know exactly what youā€™re purchasing before you purchase it.

Weā€™re very sorry this offer went live before the Troop details were published to the blog and that they have never been available in game when this offer goes live in the past.

5 Likes

I appreciate the clarification, if we can show proof that we purchased previous headstart offers with the journey troops, would it be possible to receive the same compensation given for those who purchased the adelwing offer, for each other offer we bought?

If the team was thinking about these nerfs months ago, it should have been communicated to the players as it would influence whether the offers would be bought or not. If it was a more recent decision, i would have hoped that the team would consider how it affects people who spent real money on the past offers. Troop adjustments happen so rarely in this game in general, and having this MASSIVE nerf thrown at the journey troops basically out of nowhere made me lose trust in purchasing any packs like this in the future, and im leaning towards quitting the game when this current campaign ends.

4 Likes

Weā€™re unable to provide additional in game resource refunds or compensation for these Troops or offers Iā€™m afraid.

The rebalance was a recent decision and communicated as soon as we had the details.

Due to the size of the Troop pool and the age of the game (9+ years currently) we do try to regularly rebalance Troops to keep them balanced and we canā€™t guarantee that a Troop will always function as it did on first release. Sometimes Troops are buffed and sometimes we do have to nerf Troops as well to maintain some balance.

In those cases we have always provided refunds of the in game resources used to upgrade the Troop which you can self claim through the Collection menu for the affected Troops.

We rarely rebalance a Troop shortly after releasing it unless it causes a bug or behaves in an otherwise unexpected manner that ruins the gameplay experience badly.

Adelwing was a bit of an unfortunate outlier in that it was available in a Headstart offer less than 48 hours before the rebalance information was published and there was no information available about the Troop in game either. Combining that with the fact there was a pattern for the way Pathfinder Troops behaved previously, there was an unofficial expectation set about what the Troop would be like without more timely communication about what those differences would be this time. That was our mistake and weā€™ll endeavor to not let that happen again.

5 Likes

Still a shame that it literally costs nothing to send a few gems to ppl who have bought these packs. It really doesnā€™t sit well at all. Before this week, when was the last troop re-balance btw? The GoW team set up a lot of precedence with the continual release of those pathfinder troops, and to me, created a false sense of security in what i was purchasing. The issue with these troops were brought up literally with the release of the first one, and the team waited until there money offers involving them before deciding to nerf them.

It would have been non-issue as well if it was only a nerf and not a sledgehammer-them-6-feet-under-the-ground. Making 12 gems (13 if shiny) would see the troops still be usable with a much higher chance of dropping the loop, 10 (11) on the other hand is literally useless.

5 Likes

How do you plan on handling refunds of consoles and new controllers that have specifically been bought for your game? Or faster internet connections? Technically none of that affects your company directly, but due to the fun pathfinder troops provided before the recent changes, some investments have been taken. This hardware now is mostly useless, canā€™t be given back to the point of sale and only be offered with a big loss on the private sector. :thinking:

Gems of War is available on 7 stores including:

Xbox, Playstation, Steam, Google Play, App Store, Amazon Store, Nintendo Online.

Iā€™m sorry you feel the Pathfinder changes has made the ownership of your console redundant but itā€™s far outside our scope or whatā€™s reasonable to refund a console and associated hardware for 4 Troop rebalances, in a game that is still 100% playable and has over 1000 other Troops to choose from if you donā€™t like Pathfinders any more. As well as being available on a range of devices, some of which you may have already owned prior to the console purchase.

The other complaints and compensation requests I understand but that one is well outside our scope Iā€™m sorry.

5 Likes

Somehow I feel reminded that blatant exaggeration may not get parsed well in written form. :woozy_face:

idk it was the second time they asked for it, so at that point I assume thereā€™s some sincerity to the request on some level :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

well, congrats on separating a fool from his money, and thanks for cementing my decision to quit the game. Iā€™ll probably play until the current campaign ends since ive already bought it, and ill probably occasionally check in on the forum to see if the games condition improves at any point. I do hope that at some point the devs actually start caring about the issues that players have, and doing something about it.

4 Likes

Whaat? Recent decision?
From listening to you guys, I was under impression that things are planned and set in stone years, if not decades, prior without any realistic option to change anythingā€¦

And isnā€™t it even a bit interesting that this decision comes right after you introduce PvP points system that heavily incentivizes using teams that win in one turn and create a lot of gems with a lot of extra turns? (Kinda the exact same thing that pathfinders used to be good it).

2 Likes