January Dev Q&A Summary

This is awesome, thanks @Sheba :smile:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Really going to bed now. Added more stuff about elf immunity because people were confusedā€¦ well, mostly I added that I didnā€™t exactly catch the stuff and am confused as well. Yeah, quality content here.:upside_down_face:

If anyone caught if it will be

Dark Elves: Mana Drain immunity + Web immunity
Wood Elves: Mana Drain immunity + Entangle Immunity
High Elves: Mana Drain immunity + ?

or

Dark Elves: Web immunity
Wood Elves: Entangle immunity
High Elves: Mana Drain immunity

Lemme know. I had serious issues during some parts of the stream because the lag and quality overall was super-bad and I didnā€™t quite get the part if Mana Drain immunity will be for all of them or only for the Silverglade/High Elf folks.

1 Like

I thought they were dropping resurrection for a new 3rd trait, not mana shield.

1 Like

They drop both of them.

1 Like

Dropping both.
Mana Shield because TDS is already very powerful, being immune to mana drain will be excessive.
Resurrection because thatā€™s not a unique trait which I believe all legendary troops have.

1 Like

Lady Anariel basically just needs to not give herself any health. Her looping mechanic seems a little more broken than other troops, also, but the biggest problem is that she boosts her own health too, unlike so many (all?) other troops who heal.

6 Likes

Now Iā€™ll preface this with ā€œI donā€™t know all the facts that the Devs knowā€, but just speaking on whatā€™s said hereā€¦

This pains me as a collector. With the current rate of key and traitstone gains, I feel like I will come to a point that getting all these new troops up to mythic and fully traited will start becoming very slow. The troop pool is already becoming very saturated. Now if you add a lot of common to ultra rare troops, you will be bloating the drop pool of gold and glory keys.

I wish there was a mechanic that when you got a troop to mythic (and 4 copies), it halved the chance of getting that troop with keys. Completely removing them from the drop pool would be too powerful. This would alleviate some of the pressure of a large drop pool and allow for better troop collection as this game grows. This wonderful game has grown to such a large point, so maybe itā€™s time to relook at the drop chances for some of these troops.

P.S. - So many items coming in the future sound great! Iā€™m excited for where this game is headed!

6 Likes

Excellent. Thank you for the work this took!

And it sounds like this was a very interesting stream! Not sure Iā€™m 100% happy with all of the information, but it sounds like itā€™s so many changes I think I need to let it hit and watch the dust settle before I decide. Lots of these things can be tweaked.

Most important is it sounds like the way generators/exploders work is ā€œas intendedā€. So players that donā€™t like it are going to be very sad going forwards. For people that do like it (Iā€™m in that set), it sounds like theyā€™ve identified ā€œthere arenā€™t enough of themā€ and ā€œTDS is too good at itā€ as potential root causes. Those are certainly two potential sources of grief!

March sounds like itā€™s going to be super interesting!

2 Likes

@Sheba thanks a lot for this informative post!

2 Likes

I have noticed that I tend to face more troops similar to what I am using. I made an Orc defense and suddenly was facing orcs in pvp. I believe that if you use Psion for your PvP defense, youā€™ll see more Psion troops in your available matches, those that use dragon teams face TDS more often, ect.
Can someone confirm that this is how the pooling works and not just anecdotal evidence? @Saltypatra

1 Like

Pretty sure thatā€™s wrong. I donā€™t have Psion on my defense team or any GW defense teams, and donā€™t use him as an attacker, but heā€™s still in >50% of all 3-trophy fights I get.

2 Likes

@Sheba Thank you so much for this. You are an excellent, and valuable addition to the community. I wasnā€™t able to catch the stream live, and they hadnā€™t put it up to watch again yet. I had people discussing changes in the Guild. Players who donā€™t watch the streams were becoming upset. Linking to your excellent post was a big help.

3 Likes

As of now, itā€™s not that hard to ascend Commons and Rares. You only have to stockpile 20-30k gold keys every now and then, which is doable within 3-5 months. But yes, in the distant future, as the troop pool grows, devs will need to rework the drop rates. Now we have 400+ troops, imagine the amounts of gold keys with 1000+ troops. Halving drop rates would be reasonable.

1 Like

Great. So take out the trait that helps the player against meta. You LOVE your Mab, do you?

No set third trait yet, but an idea was having it rebirth once as a different dragon.

Have at least the paltry courage to call it a nerf.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
If you look up the definition of Meta (regardless of platform) Youā€™ll see Psionā€™s face. And youā€™ll lose 2 Mana just for looking at him.

10 Likes

Because lots of people use TDS to counter Psion & mab now as it isā€¦this is a terrible loss to the fight against meta teams.

8 Likes

Of course. And TDS isnā€™t the most powerful card in the game, not by a long trait.
Itā€™s just a group of crybabies that cannot set up a team in GW and come to the forum to whine, whine, whine.

Devs are pretty happy with the meta.

Bar Dragon Soul, apparently.

5 Likes

Just agreeing with what most everyone is saying. The Dragon Soul is not the problem Psion and Goblins are over powered. Not sure if it is the levels or not but at higher levels TDS is not even a worry where the Psion or Goblins meta can wipe you out without a fair fight.

9 Likes

JAs despicable as Psion is, he still works in a predictable, counterable way. He wonā€™t go into a crazy loop of death in a single turn. He is dangerous, yes, but squishy.

TDS (and goblins, if you ask me), have this inherent unpredictable crazy potential, that can, out of the blue, whipe out your team in a single turn. The damage cannot be reduced (since magic does not affect it). If he gets mana shield, you canā€™t even stop his mana gain.

I feel the devs are trying to remove occasions where a player will lose a game because a remaining half dead TDS will self cycle 5 times after 2 rez and steal the win.

Goblins are harder to tackle, since itā€™s more of a synergie thing with 2 exploder and a huge AoE all with different colors.

Edit add: this feels like a Ā« remove-bs loss Ā» nerf similar to the Death Mark thing when the DK was introduced. It was not that strong, but it creates frustrating games.

1 Like