January Dev Q&A Summary

Or make the map events like the one this week. For the first hour… One move and you’re done. BEST MAP EVENT ever! Lol

4 Likes

I missed out on that :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

What about Lady Anariel she is getting popular in end game will she lose mana shield too or is it just TDS because he is more popular in early, mid and late game?

1 Like

The Dragon Soul is a little over powered at the moment, so will be the one losing mana shield.

3 Likes

I don’t care for the shield, i’m Just happy he won’t keep his broken immortality mode.

(Or did you all miss the resurrection nerf?)

2 Likes

And Lady Anariel isn’t? she can take an entire team from a cast away from death to over 100hp in a single turn. I had a GW battle against her yesterday where everything got over 200hp.

TDS may be over powered in early to mid game but I have never found him a threat at level 1000 like Lady Anariel is.

I saw it and I’m fine with it. I’m just really annoyed he is losing mana shield.

3 Likes

As much as I disagreed with you the whole day in other threads, this is a 100% agreeing from me. Anariel is a million times more OP than TDS in my eyes. I hate fighting her. She fills extremely fast, heals for insane amounts and really, drain or devour are the only means of dealing with her without risking a loss since her just casting once can and will likely ruin a LOT, if not the whole match, for you.

6 Likes

I’m just watching the stream and Sirrian just said Psion fell out of the PC meta. Do the devs ever play this game when they aren’t streaming?

11 Likes

Something just occurred to me, and i’ll ping @Rickygervais, because it could be interesting to him as well.

Take into account the total number of players currently playing. So let’s imagine that currently there are 2.000 players fielding Psion in defense. A small number compared to all players in total, and even if you or others are doing over 2.000 battles around each week you probably won’t face all these Psion teams just once, maybe your poll will cycle through 1000 of them and repeat a player at least a few times.

So, the devs aren’t wrong or lying about Psion not being overly present. It’s just an issue related to how many times you’ll face players with mostly the same composition and if certain aspects of the pairing system could be revised to avoid certain elements(troops) and then provide at least some more variety among your options.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s a big part of the problem same people over and over this is why i keep asking for bigger pool

Might need to put it totally random instead of playing against the people online at the same time, that mean i never fight the euro people and probably i could see more diversity

4 Likes

@Maxx
This. I posted this in another thread today already in a similiar fashion.
Some days ago, I was looking for a particular team in casual PVP (4 Fire Bombs) because of particle issues giving me headaches. After refreshing for ages, I found that there were only three players with that team showing which I could encounter over and over - and also noticed the other player-names repeating again and again.

You can face defense teams of people who are currently playing PVP. I only do tier 1 and GW. On Mondays, I therefore do my weekly PVP stuff and get 20-30 defense results shown in return. Then it stopps. After daily GW, I get 1-2 more and then it’s over again. Meaning I am being removed from the rotation of players you can face.

The players you do face (over and over) are the ones doing PVP over and over. And likely those are the ones caring about PVP and the leaderboard, obviously, hence setting up the most well-known meta-defense team for the most wins.

9 Likes

This one got me worried a bit. Without knowledge of the huge overhaul I do hope being short handed is taken into account.

There is a lot of stress about every other week to be able to start GW with a complete roster. We have some fine people bringing in alts all the time to fill the gaps. But it is far from ideal.

1 Like

Excellent.
I am glad to be in your guild :wink:

2 Likes

As a console player I found this thread by accident. Can we link to console section too please?

2 Likes

I absolutely knew that the ai was getting too much mana occasionally. That’s why I even started a thread about it!

2 Likes

I didn’t know what to put it as, to be honest. It’s not official news, but it kinda is, but I obviously cannot select that category (because everyone knows that if I could, I would make an official news post that bunnies are officially the best animals). It’s not support, it’s not a feature request… I dunno what to put it as besides “Game Chat” and that has the divided categories and I can pick only one. Sorry.:confused:

4 Likes
2 Likes

No worries thanks for doing this, I listened to it this morning and was going to do something similar. Looking forward to bright forest and new improved hero. Not looking forward to gw every 3 weeks and killing the same thing over and over and over in raids just sounds like destiny and bullet sponge bosses to me. If that’s the case I’m definitely out but obviously I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

@Cyrup, any chance you could edit the category of this thread and make it “official news”?

3 Likes

About raid: will they be limited to a max number of run per period or not?

2 Likes