It seems to me that based on the current state of the forums, new content is needed sooner rather than later

It seems to me that we have less informations from the devs since the last 3-6 months. And when you received an answer it’s… SOON… Example: Arcane TS according to the invade kingdom, fees to change a class, new class, etc.
So it gives an impression that devs don’t want to share with the players and it’s unfortunate… Last patch added the Event where you have to kill X Monsters for example. The community acts by putting Monsters in their defense but no comment from the devs. In fact and despite some requests, we don’t have any feedbacks for the Events.

Another example is the Guild Wars: it can be a turn-over in this game and we don’t have any informations… Devs will come with a “We-did-that” preview and 3 days after, we will have to “deal with it or leave the game”.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying, and I sympathize (and partly agree) – but I don’t think this has gotten worse in the last 3-6 months. This is just sort of how communication here has been. Devs are friendly, do reach out quite a bit, and admit their mistakes more than most I’ve seen in the business, but the plans for the future are kept close to their chests. They don’t really discuss upcoming features until they are imminent, and do not seem particularly interested in the community’s involvement in design. That stretches back to at least when I started playing.

7 Likes

Agreed. This mentality frustrates me when I see the Devs ignore what I feel are great suggestions by the community but then I think of all the horrible ideas that have also been suggested and I think, maybe it’s not so bad lol.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s “ignore” so much as “absorb.” They hear what we say, but provide no feedback either way (in most cases) as to whether they feel an idea is a good one or not. More importantly, they don’t really ever ask us if a given idea sounds good or not. That can be seen as a good or a bad thing depending on your level of cynicism. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They did it with the last really big update (2.0). Casual Mode (which no one plays) was a direct result of all the pitchforks that came out when they shared their initial designs. I can understand why that would make them less hesitant to share, though I suspect it’s nothing so intentional. My hope is that @Saltypatra helps with this.

I think the Events system was also a direct response to a lot of player feedback. They also addressed some of the QoL issues in the big list. No doubt they’re listening, even if it doesn’t always feel like the important decisions are a two-way conversation.

I do hope they share Guild Wars plans though.

5 Likes

@Lyya & @Studs - Yeah “ignore” isn’t the right word but my response was mostly humorous. I want the Devs to implement all the ideas I think are good except the ones that are actually bad. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I want to believe that the available spoilers are put there so devs can get some feedbacks before release. Last weekly troop was buffed before his release, that was a nice surprise.

I am definitely belong to the ones that will prefer more interactions with devs (ie plans/feedbacks).
I don’t know why but many times Diablo 3 is used as an example… let’s do the same. In D3, you have the PTR where one can test the next patch and give feedbacks. It should help to balance the game.
Of course, I don’t ask the same for this game but to ask some feedbacks can be a first step. And if they want to avoid pitchforks, they can ask only to the Regulars.

Don’t put too much hope in @Saltypatra, she will certainly do the same job than CrowdedWorld which was to be an interface between us and the devs.

2 Likes

I can’t help but chime in on the fact they never listen to what the community says over there. Test, yeah, find gamebreaking glitches… improve terrible ideas, not so much.

I’m sure if we had something similar here, it would help though.

3 Likes

perhaps im still too short in the forums to have a better feeling but i think i saw just as much (if not more) of the dissatisfaction/discussions when the pvp meta, manticore and bone dragon issues were addressed

but if there were any stagnation in game right now id blame it on the arcane spirits, thats the most stagnant thing for me for a couple of weeks… every week was breathing a new air until the blue/purple came… then the whole week just got boring before it even came, as something to not look forward to , in comparison to other weeks, covering a gentle mist of boredoom over the game, slowly and not violently, but still inevitably xD luckily those foggy days are about to pass (i hope)

after the experience of series of blue/purple weeks i realised how significant the colors of those bundles was, i mean looking forward for the week to trait something useful or grow kingdom power was something i set a goal to each week, but since the purple/blue become something i would not need at all the goals were taken away for me for entire week - forcing me to play aimplessly, making the game half as fun

i do understand developers prioritising troops balance over color placement in time but in the end the color placement seem something important as well @Saltypatra if you may notice please :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey guys, I’m definitely here and reading everything you have to say. We are really lucky to have such a passionate and good natured community, honestly you guys are pretty great. You all have a lot of suggestions and some of these we take on board, and others we don’t.

A big reality of game dev is of course time. Especially lately with the saga of our server migration, we have understandably had to focus on getting the game stable so it can be played above all else. Now that this is settling down the team is focusing on new things we can bring to the game as well as ways to improve what we already have.

One big thing that we are currently working on getting finished as soon as possible is the sync of the PC/Mobile and console content, so console players are no longer behind. This may not be new content for PC/Mobile players, but it’s something extremely important to everyone that would rather sit back with a console and smash out some gems.

However, the good news is since the servers are holding out we can get started on all the things we’ve wanted to bring to you. We don’t have a release date for Guild Wars yet as we don’t know how long it will take to finish, once we are further along we will update you on our progress and intentions, but right now there is a lot of work to be done and not a lot to be said. In addition to Guild Wars, in the near future we are planning on adding another avenue of communication which will enable us to show you previews of up coming events, cards and changes, while also letting you talk to us. We are hoping that this will be informative about our up coming plans as well as a fun way to show off new content and talk with you.

(PS, I’ll let people know about the weekly colour feedback. We have our next several weeks already planned but after that we might sit down and shuffle things around.)

16 Likes

I don’t think it’s been more negative overall. When I first signed up, everyone was moaning about the great maw and mercy. One change to Maw and now no-one even mentions mercy. The changes I have noticed:

We definitely have more trolls, which is new;

When some people got banned it resulted in fewer light hearted joke conversations - after than happened people stuck to talking about the game for a bit;

We also have some serial moaners who, whilst aren’t trolls, do seem to pop up in almost every thread and introduce a negative tone.

Perhaps the latter can be attributed to not the lack of content, but the natural limit to ‘player life’ of a match 3 game. As in, people here from the start will start dropping off eventually due to the nature of the game.

5 Likes

I agree. And by the way, you mean Maw and Manticore. Bone Dragon STILL hasn’t been addressed. :wink:

About the Guild Wars release:

11 days ago, ETA was a month. So, i am counting on 3 weeks till release. Don’t know why you are not mentioning it (political reasons?), but a certain dev is pretty open about it.

Was this mentioned on the forums or in-game chat? Because this is the first I’ve heard of an ETA on Guild Wars.

2 Likes

Sirrian said in global chat earlier this morning(my time) that he was going to try and give us some news on GW Monday.

I don’t know what or how much that means though.

3 Likes

How does one actually see anything in Global Chat?

I don’t know what other people’s secret is, but I use my eyeballs.

4 Likes

I have a hard time subjecting my eyeballs to so much crap…

7 Likes

Yeah, I stay the hell away from there. Not worth it. If there’s anything important, someone will tell me…

6 Likes

Yeah it’s pretty bad. Everyone is trying to talk to the Devs at the same time too with questions, so it’s easy to get ignored. It’s actually surprising any useful information does get out. I wouldn’t even know this information if my GL wasn’t the one that asked. :smile:

3 Likes