Is this a GoW April Fool's joke?

Hopefully to make that wonderful joke the pro devs team of this game didnt wasted too many work days (hours x sure) that they could have used to plan new osom event (Conclave of Treehuggers soynd nice). release flawless troops or fix the almost non existant bugs left in game.

After all the afictionados fanbase here is used by now by those really high standards.

Said that gotta admit it wasst a stab on my heath but a full blow of a 2 handed axe followed by a war elephant stomping what was left of my splitted heartā€¦

I was so much looking foward to be ablr to stash more green/orange craps in my garbage pileā€¦

So sad.

Ps:tbh without forum would habe never know about it even lol, however, chepest and lazyest april fool ever seen in any game lmao, err, i meant, thx x such a osom april fool that totally fulfill MY expectations from GoW :3

1 Like

See I just thought they already did the April foolā€™s prank (all be it prematurely) last month in the form of the Council of Chiefs Event.

9 Likes

If it was indeed an April Fools, you can colour me surprised. Just seemed like a bug to meā€¦

2 Likes

5 Likes

I meanā€¦ if Gems of War was a credit card, theyā€™d be like ā€œUse your credit card every day for a month and weā€™ll apply a $25 credit to your account at the end of the month!ā€ But then on April 1st you log in and it says ā€œACTUALLY! If you use it every day for a month, weā€™ll apply a $2500 credit!!ā€

1 Like

Count me in the ā€œit was hopefully bad taste and not mindsetā€ and ā€œthereā€™s no apology expectedā€ camps.

1 Like

I thought Pooh Bear outlawed jokes, laughter, and comparisons to communst government officials. Or maybe it was the other way around. I get confused more often than ever these days.

Wonā€™t someone please tell me what to think? For the Horde.

No doubt if it was to happen then it wouldā€™ve been 100 growth orbs anyway

AnimatedJoyousChimneyswift-size_restricted

6 Likes

Would be respectful to all players if the devs could comment on this. Instead they have ignored the issue/pretended it didnā€™t happen.

If we ever get a response it will be blamed on other things though. They have hardly ever released one thing in the last 2 years without something being broken. It will be dismissed as due to current world events this time though.

3 Likes

What does it matter if the devs respond? From responses in this thread:

People are offended they dared to make an April fools joke.

People are insulted it wasnā€™t funny to them.

People would have been disappointed if April fools was completely skipped & ignored.

People joked/accused it was probably just a typical bug/mistake.

People assume if it wasnā€™t a joke & wasnā€™t a bug that it would be crap rewards.

No matter what a dev would have to say at this point, who would be appeased? All it would do is be the trigger for round 2 of bashing. Theyā€™re better off just saying nothing & letting it go away. Thereā€™s no win for them here, as seems to be the case with everything they do or say these days.

13 Likes

Yeah, let us all believe our actions have no consequences. Tired of dev apologists like you.

3 Likes

Actually, a lot of people were relieved most companies laid off their April Fools junk this year.

3 Likes

Wrong, as far ik Warframe skipped it and i am so disappointed that i played it 10 hours today (while played GoW 40 minutes top and defo wont bother touch boringounty lol).

They had a short April Fools video. Iā€™m disappointed itā€™s not real .

Iā€™m all for actions begetting consequences, and said consequences should be proportionate to the actions. But seriously, what consequences can this possibly generate and would be deserved??? The only one I can imagine is 1 more hater might actually go away so the rest of us can continue to enjoy the game in peace.

Iā€™m sorry that Iā€™m an apologist.

While ā€œa lotā€ of people might have been relieved, I stand by my statements:

And I declare again that no matter what the devs had done, a subset of people would have complained. You happen to be in the subset thatā€™s bitching about what they DID do. Had they done something else Iā€™d have been addressing someone else instead of you.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s good for the game or the community that we have a handful of people who adopt the approach, ā€œLike everything the devs do or Iā€™m going to harass you until you shut up.ā€ I canā€™t tell where some of your faces end and a devā€™s hindquarters begin. Youā€™d find a way to call me a jerk for complaining if the devs implemented a shop tier so it deleted all your troops instead of awarding a troop.

Iā€™m going to ā€œstand by my argumentā€ since apparently thatā€™s the Free Citizen keyword that makes one exempt from critique: this was a joke in poor taste and that the devs havenā€™t made a peep makes me think it was actually a bug. I do not trust them to implement the monthly calendar properly.

3 Likes

Iā€™m somewhat surprised that:
*Anyone looks at the monthly calendar
*That anyone seriously thought theyā€™d get 100 orbs
*So many players have so low threshold for fake anger (letā€™s be honest)

I find it odd people come to the forums to basically gripe about everything and anything. It takes away from the actual issues/problems.

Not every hill needs to be died upon.

12 Likes

Thatā€™s a great point. More people found out about the joke due to the forums than would have ever known otherwise. I assume the calendar rarely changes. And if it does, at least not in enough of a way that makes it worth checking every month.
Itā€™s just, from my personal beliefsā€¦
I think folks were upset because for 98% of the world April foolā€™s day was basically cancelled.
I+2 didnā€™t feel that way and to them fair enough.
I donā€™t think anyone will Rage quit the game over it.
Itā€™s just another bad look for them during a serious of other bad looks.
Itā€™s always easy to dismiss the forums as a small percentage of the player base. I tend to think of it like ā€œNielsen Ratingsā€ though. The forums tends to put a voice on the 90% of the game that say nothing. And by forums Iā€™m including Reddit and any social media outlets. They are all separate but equal ā€œforumsā€. Things arenā€™t good in the real world nor in Krystara. No it wonā€™t be the immediate end to either world. But itā€™s hard to imagine the Krystara world lasting longer than a year more on itā€™s current pace.
I could be 200% wrong. Despite 4.7 and beyond changes hurting revenue. In the current landscape, thereā€™s just simply not a lot of disposable incomes right now to support a free to play service.

2 Likes

On Xbox and PS4, the Jan calendar started 3 days late, and the Mar 1 day late. Apr started on time. Progress.

But the handful of incessant gripers who canā€™t stop putting their negative spin on everything, thatā€™s perfectly ok? :man_facepalming:

There are things Iā€™d like changed or would prefer they werenā€™t. Everything the devs do is not all glitter & unicorns. I just choose to roll with most of it & keep playing my game. Iā€™ve voiced my dislike of certain changes in the past, but unlike some people on here, rarely are the changes as earthshattering as theyā€™re made out to be.

But the amount of stupid, petty BS they have to deal with and the no-win situations where no matter what they do theyā€™re evil bloodsuckers is absolutely ridiculous. Every step they take, every word they put into print, has to be carefully planned out, reviewed 15 times, then run analysis on all possible blow-backs theyā€™re going to get for each scenario to see which one theyā€™re going to take the least heat for.

And me, Iā€™m harassing people? Me who rarely ever goes back & forth more than once or twice with anyone in an argument on here? If Iā€™ve said what I want to say and in 1 or 2 salvo exchanges my ā€œopponentā€ hasnā€™t given in or given up and they havenā€™t changed my mind, I exit the conversation (just like iā€™m going to do with this one once iā€™m done writing this).

Am I going to stop trying to show people theyā€™re blowing things way out of proportion? Nope. Or there are other players to consider besides themselves? Uh-uh. Or that theyā€™re being rude & obnoxious? Hell no. If iā€™m an ass-kisser because I feel there needs to be some positive reinforcement around here then bring on the full moon & Iā€™ll kiss it goodnight.

7 Likes