Is this a GoW April Fool's joke?

There is no value because resource value declines all the time. This instigates higher unhealthy play levels for those with limited cash resources in order to stay competitive. If I didn’t clarify this in my contribution then that’s either my mistake or your misperception. Do you still consider my opinion invalid now?

2 Likes

Just for fun, here’s what you’ll get, on average, from 100 Minor Orbs of Chaos:

• 40 Minor Orb of Growth
  • 30 Minor Orb of Clans
  • 20 Minor Orb of Wisdom
  • 10 Minor Orb of Acension

That’s enough to make:

• 2 Major Orb of Growth
  • 5 Major Orb of Wisdom
  • 2 Major Orb of Ascension
  • 9,000 Guild Seals (450 Guild Keys)
5 Likes

An individual did. And you still didn’t buy it.
I can only give an opinion based on my experience with GoW. As you can only provide an opinion based on your experience. You don’t have any more access to the actual player rates than I do. Still you choose to lecture those who think differently than you that we shouldn’t share what we think. Just because it appears negative. Nor will they ever come out and say that they are losing players. It doesn’t make sense to share any sort of negative PR like that. So the answer from is always “the player rate is as high as ever”… If it’s true, great, if it’s false then it’s propaganda… those who take everything said from a company… Any company…as 100% truth… Is drinking the Kool aid in my experience.
I’m here. Because I care. I argue useless arguments with strangers. Because I care. I’m a VIP 12 (Plus 2 alts that are VIP 5). Because I care. I’ve created from scratch and oversee the management of 4 active guilds in the top 500 plus a vacation guild. Because I care.

So please don’t assume that because I voice my criticism and crack jokes about the game or staff… That I don’t love the game. I want to continue to love the game. The decisions made starting with 4.7 have put that love in jeapordy due to the fear that too many players are quitting. In my opinion. It’s no issue if you think otherwise. That’s your opinion. We should be allowed to have seperate opinions without the other instructing one to basically “shut up and quit the game.” Hard pass.

4 Likes

I was going to comment on the april fool joke, but now since it’s become another epic task protest, I’m just leaving my mark to read how this will turn out…

2 Likes

Yeah, that wasn’t the intention of the original post :)))
Actually found it funny, if it is indeed an April Fool’s joke.

But sheesh… the forum is like a volcano of negativity :frowning:

7 Likes

We’re not getting 28 Orbs of Chaos. We get 1 Orb if Chaos on the 28th of April. Occam’s Razor.

1 Like

Did you not notice the 100 orbs in the op screenshot?

1 Like

What’s sad is even if we all got handed that many orbs it wouldn’t even do that much for us.

2 Likes

Sorry. It was too small for me to see. Had to get my cheaters out. My apologies.

1 Like

Calendar shows 1 orb now.
So yes, it was a joke.

2 Likes

C’mon, it was a joke and some foresee the apocalypse for it: rage quit, mass exodus, plague, locusts, the end of life as we know it

Relax guys, relax. It’s a game and that was a joke inside a game whose main goal is to match balls

14 Likes

I for one appreciated the April fools joke - there was a significant lack of them this year it seemed.

I get that there are way more important issues to deal with right now and it could easily be seen to be in bad taste for companies to make jokes right now - but I also think that some comic relief was can be really helpful in troubled time such as these.

So thanks :slight_smile:

Did it hurt you?

thx for your reply, me and my half brain are still laughing :rofl:
and with only half brain, it was obvious to me that 100 orbs were unequivocally a 1st April joke.
now I will go back to play a game that even someone in my hapless conditions can play :wink:

4 Likes

Here we go!

Everyone else: next time you wonder what “trivializing someone else’s feelings” means, come back and look at this post. This is just another form of “it was just a joke”.

The “joke” didn’t bother me. I already said I didn’t trust the devs to get the calendar right. What bothered me is the “it’s a joke”, and this isn’t the only instance of that weaksauce excuse for bad behavior.

Fun fact: I’m one of your “most replied to” members. Thanks for joining the fan club!

2 Likes

I apologize, I missed where the devs claimed it was a joke. Please link it for me. Thank you.

I’ll break it down real easy for you:

• It was probably a bug. This is normal behavior for the devs and this is now the third time I said it.
  • madking suggested “it was a joke” and that people agitated by it should lighten up.
  • I responded to that, and I’m agitated by that particular post.
  • I pointed out why if it were a joke, it’d be in bad taste.
  • Now I’m your #1 friend according to your profile.
4 Likes

Count me in the “it was clearly an April Fool’s joke” and “there’s no apology needed” camps.

12 Likes

Awesome! I love making new friends! So, Hi new friend!

I got upset last year when Honda was advertising the ‘Past Port’ version of their newly released Passport on April 1st. It had all 90’s technology instead of the present day tech. I was totally devastated when I called up my nearest Honda dealership about it only to find out it was an April Fools ad.

By all means I was legit upset and I should be embarrassed to talk about this but looking back now I think it was a damn good joke.

1 Like