Is kraken really that bad?

IMO the fundamental problem is that insta-kill and loop/spawn are two abilities that should never go together, or this will be a complaint that never dies, though the specific card under scrutiny at any given time will change. Remember the Bone Dragon? Extra nebulous abilities apply in these conditions like complete board reset, Proc Traits, etc.

Kraken violates this “unwritten rule” that all other cards follow. No looping on True Damage. No looping on Mass-Affix applications like Borealis, Plague, and more. No looping on Devour. Oops.

2 Likes

Kraken also has one of the best Mythic level Traits in the game (and as a non-Mythic troop)!

Compare it to the best PvP Mythic in the game: Famine. So ‘Aspect of Famine’ only does -3 Skill points to a single Enemy every turn. While Kraken’s ‘Tentacles’ -3 ALL (-12 potential) enemies with 4-5 matches so it isn’t guaranteed every turn but with spawning from ‘Depths Below’ it can proc multiple times per turn. Toss in another gem spawner (like Troll) plus a second Kraken and your all set to melt points off.

There might need to be other changes, but one easy change would be to change ‘Tentacles’ to -1 or -2 per 4-5 match.

4 Likes

Good points.

Also, one of the aspects people don’t tend to think about are all the free bonuses. Entire team has Barrier? Not no more on a single 4-Match. Board sucks for AI? Not anymore because now the whole thing’s been reset and flooded with AI Mana. On and on I could go lol

Remember the Bone Dragon rant? Much of it is perfectly applicable here… - YouTube

Here is the thing… If they removed kraken from the game there would just be another target fir everyones rage…

Yep. And if you wash this window many others will still be dirty so why bother wanting this one clean.

/s

2 Likes

There os a difference between washing a window and breaking it…

1 Like

43%… it is that bad.

Your win rate is 43%?

Yup 10 characters

Can you post a screenshot?

1 Like

63%* my bad but ul’ing ss

2 Likes

Only thing I can say really is i’m generally unlucky, lol.

Thats 75% for the week brudda

1 Like

If you are asking for new team builds you have come to the right place. Vangor is an excellent player who do love to help you.

1 Like

Lol i would be glad to help @Supremesis just PM me if you are interested

1 Like

It’s not a simple/straight logic like: Fun = I win and therefore Boring = I lost.

I don’t think there is a conciliatory point for this. As long as at least one of the parts don’t try to understand the reasons of the other…

Thia was my purpose for this thread

Win rate this week is 68%

It’s not the losing that bothers me. It happens. It’s the fact most of the time it’s completely out of my hands.

It certainly isn’t boring to fight, because it is normally over within a matter of seconds. Boring to fight was the old mana drain meta. Never bring that back.

I wouldn’t say Kraken is overpowered, not alone anyway. It’s the team it’s used in.

1 Like

IMO K is OP because:

• Removes Barrier from entire team on each 4-Match (the only non-Trait defense against Devour)
  • Saps opposing team of about 2.5% EHP on each 4-Match
  • Procs Ally on-Match Traits
  • Loops
  • Devours
  • Effective “Devour the World” or full-board reset
  • Depreciates all Troops that Boost from Ally Armor
  • Bypasses Submerge protection
  • Fill some or all of entire team Mana caused by cascades
  • Free sky skulls galore
  • AND MORE

Name another Troop that does all of that for 16 Mana. This is Bone Dragon all over again.

edit:
@Stan helpfully adds:

• Cannot have his Traits countered due to Stun Immunity; and
  • Gains Health on the same condition which saps opponent
3 Likes

Not by himself

40%

Ummmm… No he doesnt…

Submerge is useless to begin with

Ummm… No he doesnt…

Ummm… No he doesnt

Sounds like you are embellishing to prove a point that doesnt need embellished