[Investigating] UI Freezes Soft Crashes Game

Platform, device version and operating system:
Samsung Galaxy S21+, Android 11.0
Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Wanted to change difficulty or start new explore runs and had the game freeze due to UI issues. The game has also froze after drafting an arena team but couldn’t grab a SS.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Started happening about 2-3 weeks before 5.7 patch was released. I submitted a bug report about it. But it was dismissed as related to the previous explore bug crashes that existed for months prior to it. I’ve since used that original bug report, but it seems to have been ignored because the devs assumed the issue has been fixed.

Steps to make it happen again
Use the UI on my device long enough and it’ll eventually freeze requiring the game to be restarted. (Flagship model Samsung mind you so not something GoW should have issues running on.)

I also had a soft crash on the Mythic boss battle this week on PlayStation.

Only happened once so far since 5.7

Still not fixed with 6.0

Froze after claiming medal prizes from the Mythic battle.

1 Like

Hey hey!

Could you please provide the invites codes of the accounts you experienced this issue on, as well as the rough time and date it happened if you remember.

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

It happened as recently as yesterday while trying to complete campaign tasks in explore. So between the hours of 8 am and 8 PM Central standard time. I’ll DM you my invite code.

I can record the bug if absolutely necessary. It’s just a matter of playing explore while recording. Sometimes the bug happens quickly, sometimes it takes a while to trigger and it’s not a matter of play session length nor the last time the game was restarted.

1 Like

The other accounts are all on my Chromebook and that’s like apples and oranges in regards to soft crashes. In the past I’ve had a bad experience reporting multiple unrelated bugs at the same time. So personally I’d rather focus on the bug that annoys my main account (and probably the most amount of other players of the bugs that effect me) and once it gets sorted. Then the 100% minority of Chromebook GoW players can hopefully get a more stable game after. :crossed_fingers:

@OminousGMan
Took 3.5 minutes to trigger it. Last froze at 06:15 PM CST, 2 minutes prior to this post. (But only changed the Difficulty for Explore the one time.)

Took a video of it and can upload it if necessary.

2 Likes

@OminousGMan the game crashed when trying to change difficulty today in Explore.
I try to play casual PvP to find crowns instead of explore due to the crashes but like right now its a holiday for the US so my time is super limited to find 10 crowns a day.
It would be awesome to be able to get through all those explore splash screens without it eventually causing the game to freeze.
I know it’s not a game wide issue. But I did report it originally 3-4 patches ago.

1 Like

UI still freezes after patch 6.1

3:55 AM CST, 12/16/21

No way to tell if I got tokens for the whole run or if I did, what I received. Since after the soft crash I am taken back to the world map completely and never see the rest of the animation screens. :pensive:

13 minutes later crashed again.

Made even worse by 6.1 since I have to double tap a lot to move around the map.

(Why is it your “bugs” that take forever to fix just so happen to slow game play down, but anything that speeds it gets fixed instantly?!?)

1 Like

If there’s still a dev out there who gives a shit about paying customers who’s game crashes on them. Please speak up.

(Crashed within 30 seconds of opening the game just now. No other apps running in the background.)

I reported this issue originally almost a half a year ago and it’s still not on the known issues list.

Just because I’m the only player making noise about it doesn’t inherently mean I’m the only one experiencing this frustration. I’m just the only dumbass who endures it instead of quitting the game outright.

Ridiculous that I have to put this much effort into YOUR game operating without crashes. Every developer who has read this report and not acted on it should be ashamed of yourself for passing the buck and your apathy levels. The players who actually spend money on the game fund your salaries. Not 505 Games, they will terminate your asses as soon as GoW isn’t a cash cow for them. So do yourself a favor, and sustain your employment by actually giving a shit.

TL:DR - @Sirrian , hey dad, I know bug fixes aren’t under your radar anymore. But could you help at all so maybe 2-3 updates from now this can be fixed? Since it’s now been ignored for the past 4-5 patches.

1 Like

Still happening after the update. Latest crash is at 10:29 PM CST, 1/15/22

1 Like

Still happening after the update (6.2). Latest crash is at 11:55 AM CST, 3/18/22

@OminousGMan it’s now been 9 months since I first reported these crashes.

And again just now.

2 chests in a row. Hopefully this isn’t effecting my ability to get mimic chests. :person_shrugging:

Crashed at 2:05 PM CST, 3/26/22

Perhaps if this splash screen didn’t exist then this issue wouldn’t persist. (Or any splash screens since they are 100% causing the soft lock)