[Investigating] Pvp Citadel Wars

Every region is vulnerable!

3 Likes

Same on PC!

(not a full map, because the map doesn’t zoom out that much…)

1 Like

Same on Playstation, except 1.

More weird things happening.

On my alt account, voting is now open - and it works, I can vote:

Looks like purple alliance lost Maraji Expanse - on my alt account, but on my main account, no citadels are owned by anyone.

What’s happening?

Oh, and no GM bonus for purple alliance…

Aaaand now restrictions changed.

Red-red-blue for the inner regions, instead of the green-blue-purple; out of outer regions, only Broken Lands still has Mist of Scale, the other 5 changed.

Can we get a comment on it? @Kafka ? @Bramble ? What’s happening? Pretty please?

:scream: I’m here, running to find a programmer brb

4 Likes

If this is of help, it looks like the citadel wars are now running on a 30-minute cycle (?).

Screeshot from 9.59 (Warsaw time):

Screenshot from 10.09:

(look at time left)

30 minutes of all citadels vulnerable, then 30 minutes where only today’s color is shown, then back to all citadels vulnerable, and in between - voting open - so restrictions change.

Good luck solving this!

2 Likes

A programmer is working on this right now.

I dub it Citadel-a-palooza.

Thank you for bearing with us while we get this fixed.

7 Likes

We have a fix, so it will be released in the next hour or so.
Hopefully won’t take too long - it’s just going through testing and then will take some time to deploy out to everyone.

5 Likes

Great! Thank you so much for the speedy reaction.

1 Like

Thanks, that was amazingly fast. :+1:

I’m assuming you won’t roll back to the PvP state before the bug hit, meaning alliances will no longer have access to the participation rewards they earned for today. Will there be any compensation for all the gold marks lost?

1 Like

We’ll need to work out some details tomorrow during business hours.

Did anyone lurking in this thread play around in the Citadels that weren’t meant to be vulnerable/across multiple 30 minute Citadel War battles?

It’d be super handy if I could grab your invite code so I can see how it affected your account exactly.
That way I can work out what’s needed now while the coders code, so if there’s anything else that needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency tonight outisde of our normal business hours I can let them know asap. If I get no invite codes here, all good, I’ll go pull some from the Alliance boards.

1 Like

I suspect this might not be entirely account related. The whole region state has changed, meaning citadels at least temporarily belonged to entirely different alliances. This indirectly locks players out of some things, like bonus gold mark battles.

2 Likes

yep I know it’s not account related, just checking exactly what happened and all the details for the accounts that were online during this in the logging and event data.

1 Like

If you need an account that wasn’t online during this, feel free to check mine (FOURDOTTWOONE). I imagine I won’t have access to any gold mark battles when I get home, even though I met the conditions yesterday.

Edit: Depending on when this started, I might actually have been online. I was around for like the first 30 minutes after daily reset. I didn’t enter the PvP area at all, so this might be an interesting corner case. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

REDTOADSTOOL99_VDZV

I played 2 series of citadel battles, voted, grinded gold marks from quick battles

2 Likes

I was online, and grabbing screenshots, but I didn’t play any citadel battles, so I’d be of no help there. People certainly did play, tho - someone won the Maraji Expanse for green alliance with a score of 49 points :rofl:

I did vote on my alt account, tho, so there you go: BABYALPACA_T9ZA

Ok, the fix is live.

I’ll discuss anything outstanding and potential compensation with the team during business hours tomorrow.

My long form notes for anyone who's interested
  • Gold Mark Region Bonus should be correct in Winter’s Reach and Summer Isle (as long as I’m getting my time conversions correct between my local time and PDT)

2 (potentially) outstanding issues that I don’t believe need to be addressed (reasons noted below - feel free to tell me if you disagree):

• Citadel War winners may be incorrect on any Citadel on any platform now except Summer Isle and Winter’s Reach which are currently vulnerable so have no winners yet. - This should be ok as it won’t affect the Gold Mark Region Bonuses or the voting when it opens on Sunday if I have my time conversions and facts straight.
  • Gold Mark Region Bonuses are possibly bugged to some Alliances’ benefit in the regions that became vulnerable incorrectly tonight and can be earnt there today despite it not being intended.
    • Probably won’t hurt the game and it’s nice for Alliances who don’t normally have the special region bonus

These are the points I’ve made a note of to follow up on tomorrow during business hours - mostly re: compensation request:

• Players received only 6 Citadel War Sigils for the day and may have played those Sigils in the incorrectly vulnerable Citadels so will want those back
  • Players would have been semi-blocked from receiving the Gold Mark Region Bonus earned yesterday due to the Wars resetting every 30 minutes
    • This also means some players may have received the bonus incorrectly for 30 mins at a time but I assume more were blocked than gained an advantage here. Also only affected people online AND playing PvP for the 2-3 hours before the fix - of low concern.
5 Likes

You might want to have them discuss about setting a testing server.
You know, so we don’t have to beta test for you en masse.

1 Like

Still a pain having to put new teams due to changed region restrictions.