[Investigating] Push notifications (Alerts) on Android Missing

At this point I can’t help but think they are testing to see how many people collect tribute without notifications.

It’s gonna from broken, to undependable. Which may be worse than broken. Most of the time sending an alert represents a false sense of dependability.

Quit “gas lighting” us devs.

Don’t forget that that’s the way it used to work and it was a PITA having to set a reminder or timer for every hour if you wanted to maximise the return :frowning:

After a server sync error the other day they worked no issues for me then stopped again in last 2 hours now. @Jeto @Kafka @OminousGMan
Samsung galaxy s21+ with current Android and phone system updates installed.

It looks like this bug has caught up with me now.

I’ve missed at least two Tribute notifications, also the last time I played the game I was told that there was a Pet Rescue running and I had 8 minutes left to do it!

(Fortunately it was one I already had, but…)

Hey everyone!

Thank you for letting us know! I’m very sorry that you’re still having this issue. I have reported this to the Development Team so they can investigate what happened.

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

1 Like

Seems like Sunday is the offical “no notifications day”. I seem to be not receiveing my tributes alert.

4 Likes

Yeah, it was working fine since Monday, but around reset time today (Sunday) it stopped working.

Edit: A few hours before Monday reset, it started working properly again.

1 Like

This bug is definitely not resolved. Some days I get notifications, some days I don’t. Using Android phone and tablet.

I haven’t received alerts of any kind for 10 hours.

Same here, no notifications on Sunday.

1 Like

It’s written in the bible that on the 7th day. GoW notifications rested.

6 Likes

Just got the notifications for today - last one was 16 hours ago.

1 Like

Yeah - I just got a notification a couple minutes ago.

Notifications aren’t working again. Almost missed a pet I need.

Yep it’s Sunday again.

Another Sunday without notifications. There were a few hours earlier in the week where they were missed but Sundays are the worst. How long is this going to carry on?

2 Likes

@OminousGMan

As far as I know the tribute notifications are contracted out. How is this company getting away with only having their services work part time?
Or… Have cost cutting measures resulted in only 6 days a week (even that isn’t a 100% reliable anymore) services?

6.3 was the original catalyst of blame. But really I assume it’s the fault of whoever is managing the servers now. They either aren’t aware of this issue or don’t care.

2 Likes

It seems certainly not a priority; even though folks grumble about the notifications being missing every time this happens.

(It’s not just tributes either; pet rescue notifications are useful too, at least for folks that haven’t maxed all the non-faction/non-cosmetic pets, and they’ve been broken for quite a while now in that the notification often has the wrong pet named.)

2 Likes

Back again after a few hours of blackout.

Yep, just got one, although I had collected tribute 10 minutes earlier.