[Investigating] Incorrect GW Scores

Now onto BD:

I have gone through the data and this is how it is meant to look per day:

chrome_eO3nNfSEAK

Based on the individual scores for each day, taking top 27 into account it currently looks like:

chrome_qH8TEutf4m

As you can see on Day 6, there is a descrepency in the score of 1533. Because its in BD, and I was able to ask the effected player direct, I have other SSs as well.

This is the effected player:

This is his Day 6 score:

And his daily win rate:

chrome_wjiF9VvRQw

Looking at the data SS I posted of his scores, on Day 6 he got 8114 according to the game, but on his actual profile it shows as 9647, which is 1533 (the missing points amount) higher than what the API shows it as.

You can also see that we have done all 150 fights on all days and that in the reply above this, that our ranking score, is lower than what it is meant to be.

For both us and UB, assuming TBH and OLIMP both have no bugs in their scores, that would place us both 1 rank higher. Now for BD its not that big of a deal, as 4 and 5 have the same rewards. But the difference between 1 and 2 is a massive amount of gems. But the rank change is assuming that there is no bugs on other guilds scores.

5 Likes

Now from what data I have, it looks like other guilds in B1 were also bugged out. I know at least Knights of the Glade were bugged:

chrome_6cM331WJYP

The fact that for both UB and BD, it shows as all 900 fights are done, but the scores are still wrong, it leads me to believe that there are 2 different bugs in play here, 1 showing how many battles are done, and another that seems to be related, that is losing the score data from a fight.

I hope this helps in any way finding the bugs. @Kafka if you need more info, feel free to ask either here or DM me and Ill provide you with all the info I can to try and get this fixed.

3 Likes

I was speaking with Ogre last night and he also pointed this out to me. Olimp is missing almost 3000 points as well! Thankfully it did not cost us first place, but it could have.

5 Likes

Yeah I went through, and it looks like in just B1:

Olimp
UB
BD
Tyrant
Knights of the Glade

Were all bugged, either for points or for missing battles.

In saying that, I cant 100% confirm they are bugged, outside of the 2 I have reported here, as I dont have all of the data needed to be able to look at it.

2 Likes

I was also able to show that 2-3 hours before weekly reset AWR was also bugged with all players done… but now in final scores its corrected so they no longer have score bug. i wonder if we have a 3rd bug or another case where the Final totals screen takes a few hours to update after a player finishes fights and the schedule screen is updated. this cant explain away everything since guilds had score bugs for days before end of week, but could be another issue.

@Kafka What can we do to help get these bugs resolved before next GWs starts? Please contact me if any more info is needed. Anything really, we want this solved. :pray:

1 Like

Hey everyone, a huge thanks to everyone who has collected information and sent it to me in this thread/PM/ticket about this. I’m sorry it occurred again this past Guild Wars, we’re really going to push to get to the bottom of this and do our best to have it fixed before next Guild Wars.

I’ll let you know if the team requests any further information otherwise I’ll give you another update when we have news.

8 Likes

Hi @Kafka 1/3rd of our time before next GWs has passed… how’s the investigating going?

4 Likes

I don’t have an update for this yet, I will post when I have news.

2 Likes

Hi @Kafka been a week since we have heard anything. GWs is coming back around soon. even if there isnt an update, do we know if this bug has been looked at yet? Has the team been able to confirm the issue at least?

if its not fixed for GWs week we will certainly be posting more examples of the bug for you. if there is anything else we can do to help just ask :wink:

5 Likes

Hi @Kafka, we have been able to determine the player and battle that is being miss-counted costing us ~1,602 points for this week’s GWs. @Smash has sent this to you directly.

please let us know if there is any further detail that could get this bug finally closed.

1 Like

@Kafka here are the places where i believe points are being miss counted.

6 Likes

Hey just a note to let you know this is still on the table and the team have been looking into it. I’ll let you know if they need any more info thanks for the table!

3 Likes

Hi @Kafka, any hints at getting this fixed or at least root caused by next GWs? Maybe at least tracked game wide so we can make sure all guilds are getting correct Bracket placement?

Im assuming we still have nothing before GW next week.

Will keep an eye out on if it happens again, or if any others happen since 4.9 has dropped.

1 Like

No news :frowning:
I’ll be poking the team about this again next week (this week is hectic due to update).

We can clearly see there’s obviously a bug but we can’t reproduce it or find the cause yet, needs more investigation.

4 Likes

The worst kind.

Did you want me to DM you on Discord if I can find the bug, that way faster for you to find it and flag it if possible.

Here in this thread is faster as I check here every morning/afternoon and other devs check here too.

2 Likes

Well this week, we seem to have had no bugs.

I believe AWR has 1 on Purple day for number of fights completed, not sure if any on score though.

Hopefully it was fixed without anyone realising lol.

Ill keep an eye out next GW as well though

2 Likes

So far this week that I have found, we have 30 Seconds 2 Match have 1 battle bugged on Blue Day, showing 1 less fight completed in the API than the game is showing.

Score wise, I havent noticed anything yet, but will find that out more as more fights are done for the week

1 Like