[INVESTIGATING] Guild chat unavailable (during Tower week!)

Platform, device version and operating system:
various iOS devices. Other platforms as well (console) see other article

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I want to connect to the guild chat but get only the response:
“We don’t seem to be able to connect to the chat servers right now. Please try again later.”

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It started for me a couple of hours ago (Europe morning, 2nd of March). Down since without exception.

Steps to make it happen again
Try to connect to the guild chat.

5 Likes

PC+Android as well. Chat worked shortly after the day reset, but then disconnected and is now showing the same error message:

We don’t seem to be able to connect to the chat servers right now. Please try again later.

2 Likes

Looks like chat microservices (or whatever is taking care of chat on the server side) are down.

PC/Steam also.

1 Like

Does anyone know when the chat will be back online?

It was flagged as going offline, about 9.5 hours ago, with up to an hours outage.

Guessing the devs forgot their 4am start, rushed, and broke something.

But as in the title, it’s tower week. Not the best time to bring down the chat system when that’s when it should be used for.

I can confirm chat was back up after maintenance so they didn’t forget to bring it back. But yeah, something clearly broke. Oops.

Yeah it did come back online but has not been offline for ages, what a pain. Never thought I would miss talking to my guild members so much and yes it’s the worst time being being tower week.

Queue this wasted boon whinges… demanding sigils… People missing chat should get an icon pack for every hour :slight_smile:

And I thought the BOFH was originally from New Zealand. Maybe the PFY is an Aussie. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

yes at least give us something, all guild war are completely screwed cause we cannot help the newbie, its the most important event of the game

1 Like

In seriousness, there is going to be more people spending gems than actually needed… Maybe that’s the idea

Before daily reset there was a server status message saying chat would be offline, but was gone after daily reset. Chat worked around 1,5 hours after reset, went offline about an hour, worked again shortly and then I havn’t been able to connect at all after that.

lol, for now i dont know why my luck have been crazy, a vault gnome just gaved me 300 gems like that

This ‘one hour’ maintenance is, well, long … They broke something just before the end of work’s day and nobody cares about it ?

somebody will get a kick up the proverbial. Not worth jumping up and down about, it’s not the end of the world. Surprised there’s no failover though.

2 Likes

This is a well-documented SOP within this company: the only apparent method to avoid resulting frustrations in the long-term is for customers to adjust their expectations accordingly.
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:
#LiveServiceDuringOfficeHoursOnly #gowQA

2 Likes

Frustrating to lose guild chat during Tower of Doom. This should be a swift fix.

The only things that they make sure are fixed FAST when broken are the money making features.
All other features can - maybe - be fixed during office hours

2 Likes

Fellow community members. It’s not like Tower of Doom week is only 5 times a year now. There’s no way they could of scheduled messing with the chat servers at a more ideal time. Perhaps RNG scheduled the maintenance to be done this week and then surely the program didn’t do what it was supposed to.

Ultimately. No developer of Infinity Plus 2 should be held accountable for the only way to communicate with guild members within the game being down during the event designed for you to communicate with guild members.
Despite them choosing to take the system offline at the end of the day and not bothering to stick around afterwards long enough to make sure it stayed stable. Or idk…doing it during any week that isn’t a ToD week.

We require Discord. We are fine. It’s not cool for those who don’t require a 3rd party chat app.

20 Likes