[Investigating] Crazy Invasion reward thresholds

Dont forget that tier 7, has been bumped from 200 to the new low price of 500… WTF man???:clown_face:

2 Likes

To be fair, it might have been always 500 for the full week version. If not though, then yeah that really sucks.

1 Like

Is it tomorrow yet? :thinking:

Our guilds are all questioning what’s going on, so any news would be very welcome.

1 Like

Fortunately, the cash shop has you covered.

Snark aside, I’ve been working on the assumption that the layering of increased Gem sinks is entirely intentional. They’re literally bloating events with more reward tiers alongside adding boosters. It’s blatant at this point.

Throw the player into a hole, then sell them a ladder…standard F2P/mobile game trash mechanics. Sadly, they’re also profitable mechanics.

Just out of curiosity, I looked for current Digital Bros financials. This is a snip from the “Half-Year Report, as of December 2022” which is available on the Internet.

2.5 million euros is still a sizable income, but a 15% loss in one year…ouch. Wonder if the current scheme is trying to correct that trajectory?

3 Likes

They need to rework the numbers on this. They made each stage 5 battles vs 3. Meaning to get to stage 8, you lost 14 sigils that would have been for 4 towers vs 4 at 0, 4 at 1, 4 at 2, and 4 at 3.

How many free fights do you get a day? 3 - 5? That is 24 or 40 per person per day. You do not get to all tiers.

2 Likes

You get 4 sigils per day, 28 free sigils total for the week. Assumed valraven drop rate is 2.25 (1 valraven every 2.25 battles), so let’s say another 24 sigils from 12 valravens, for a total of 52 free sigils.

1 Like

The week version has always been 5 fights, they just reduced it to 3 for the weekend version. That part doesn’t bother me since it wasn’t an issue back when Invasion was a regular weekly event. Nah, it’s this change in total scoring that’s clearly at fault here.

2 Likes

To get stage 9 - 16 (17650 points) each person had to have 73.54 sigils at 4 towers stage with 2 multipliers.
This is wrong to require that much. I have 24 free sigils to go like other would for the next 6 days. You do not get that many val ravens. I bought to tier 4 and ended up with. 160 score. All battles were times 2.

1 Like

A guild has to kill 20,000 towers to unlock the last reward stage, which is ~667 towers per member in a full guild.

Based on calculations from Borjay, Tier IV would be enough, as the same as it was pre 7.0.

1st day: 192 towers , 44 battles, 14 sigils + 4 free sigils.

6 days * 4 sigils per day = 24 sigils
Valraven multiplier: 2.5

Free sigils: 60.

60 sigils x 8 towers = 480 tower.

480 + 192 = 672.

This all is assuming you use the Event Captain in your team from the very first fight you encounter a tower.

4 Likes

Why is the variance so high here?

2.5 seems kind of high on paper? Are you sure?

I had 176 after a Monday T4 purchase, along with a few other people in my guild. It seems like you’re always either +/- 1 valraven due to luck, so if someone got 160 then 192 is extremely optimistic.

2.25, 2.5, give or take. It’s not officially confirmed anywhere afaik.

We had three members who scored 192, a bunch of 176 and rest went beyond Tier IV or haven’t put their lazy bottoms to work yet.

But the main point if my post was that it is close to the average tier buy-in what we had pre 7.0.

3 Likes

My guild had 1 - 192, 4 - 176, 2 - 160. So it looks like the average is 176 for Tier 4 purchase.

1 Like

This is probably a silly question, but having more than one event captain doesn’t increase your reward multiplier right? And that’s not why we might be seeing a big variance in the stage thresholds? It’s always just a 2x multiplier for using at least 1 event captain, right?

5,000,000 gross income per annum? It was not that long ago it was 1,200,000.

That to me looks like a healthy boost to gross profits, and I would imagine that their outlay has reduced, AFK at the wheel on stuff, sub contracting etc etc. 15% reduction in that, BUT more monetisation methods since Dec 2022. They are extremely healthy to me, if I remember their previous margins were reduced by loans. 505 Go Inc making nearly 4 times the gross revenue, not sure what that might be.

That 505 go Inc looks like a huge boost, as in the past they carried other games and losses, eating away at gross profits.

The amount of monetisation will kill the game imho, but they won’t care until it’s gone, and in the meantime will have extracted as much as possible by doing so.

They now have targeted the highest spenders even more, headstart for leaderboards for example.

The amount of gem sink is real, even marginal managers like me are killed by gem sinks.

1 Like

Nope. Only 1 bonus.

I’m not disagreeing with this, or with anything else you said. I was only glancing at the decrease compared to the prior December and thinking out loud whether this

BUT more monetisation methods since Dec 2022

…was related.

The game is doing fine, but I suspect it’s generally understood that shareholders like to see continual growth and it’s possible some of the monetization push is coming from that direction as well.

The amount of monetisation will kill the game imho, but they won’t care until it’s gone, and in the meantime will have extracted as much as possible by doing so.

Absolutely agreed. The game is clearly a cow to be milked at this stage, and once production drops low enough, rather than offer the cow different feed or a better pasture, it’ll simply be slaughtered and resources allocated to something more profitable.

2 Likes

Any new info?

4 Likes

Time seems to run its course differently in Australia since it has been “tomorrow” in our times twice already.

We took another look at the scoring and we agree it’s tuned too high.

It’s difficult to make direct number comparisons between the 7.0 events and events prior to the 7.0 update as the 7.0 scoring is tuned to take into account new features that have been added to the game. For example, the new event booster packs and the Event Captains.

So in terms of the actual numbers, even after we’ve revised it, the scores required may still be higher than previously, but should overall require roughly the same amount of effort from a guild as before to achieve tier 12.

As you all know, that was most members buying to tier 4-5 and every guild member participating in the event.

Thanks for raising this topic and I’ll let you know once the latest scoring changes have gone out.
Once they’re out, if you want to start a feedback thread about it I’m happy to keep an eye on it and pass feedback along.

13 Likes