[Investigating] 5.2 Arena Bug

Platform, device version and operating system: Steam, 5.2, Windows 10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Attempting to start an arena match with the 5.2 Update. I can select the first three troops, and then the 4th troop defaults to the 3rd troop again. Upon selecting the 4th troop, the game errors out and restarts.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Happens every time I start an Arena match. Began after updating to 5.2 on Steam.

Steps to make it happen again
No special steps. Happens without fail upon trying to start Arena.

1 Like

Thank you we’re investigating this now

Do you know if you had already started an arena run before updating but hadn’t selected your troops yet?

1 Like

I might have - I don’t do arena often, so not 100% sure.

1 Like

Same issue for me @Kafka, and yes, I was already in arena and hadnt selected troops yet.

When the game gives the above error message, it restarts the game and then I come back and it says « continue the battle » giving me the same loop again.

There is no way to quit or get out of this cycle.

Unlike original poster, I am not on Steam, playing on mobile, iPad

This should be fixed by the end of the day! Sorry about that. I’ve made an article for the issue:

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001999256

4 Likes

Happens more often than you think.
Sequence of events
5.2 update is out
Check arena… old version.
Quit game, update, reload
Enter arena… oops, you found the bug.

:man_facepalming:

When I go to recruit the third troop, the game freezes and boots me out. I have rebooted xbox and still the same. This has happened three times. Is this a known bug?

I’ts the same bug we’re talking about in this thread.

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know if it was the same since mine doesn’t say troop error it just completely locks up and boots out to the beginning.

This should be fixed now, please restart your game to get the fix.

2 Likes

It’s now working for me, thanks @Kafka

1 Like