5.2 Update (Patch notes)

Looks like the majority of “broken” units from beta testing went live. So many one-shot abilities, it’s silly. I guess that’s their solution to “slow” arena battles that they settled on.

Already had an arena run with Lasher in it. Best times (on offense) ever; 6 x 6 damage per cast for a trivial 12 mana.

6 Likes

It’s called putting lipstick on a pig. :joy:

1 Like

It’d be nice if we could check our inventory or troop collection after we’re presented with a special offer. I just got a pet offer and thought it was one I had maxed out. I declined buying the offer, then checked and found I still needed 1 more copy.

5 Likes

You wouldn’t get the offer if you have it maxed out. Just a fyi for the future.

3 Likes

The arena changes doesn’t bother me, because I did not do them much. However this is a massive, tremendous fist in the belly for nearly all of the people that loved Arena and used to do them daily, even those that did a few of them weekly. :weary: :tired_face: (Because without Hero it’s more frustration than pace.)

5 Likes

Since Arena runs take quite long, I think restarting the game ONCE per run is worthwhile.
Why?
To redo troop selection.
While afflicted by this bug and having to restart the game several times, it looked like troop selection always restarts from the first slot. Not only that, the troops on offer DOESN’T change.

Now that the bug’s been fixed, I started a fresh run, chose 3 troops and then restarted to have another go at choosing better troops to support the Epic troop that I really want.

1 Like

Seriously?

16 Likes

An attempt was made. It wasn’t a very good one, but it was an attempt.

1 Like

Oh what a mess. Upgrades or changes are meant to improve a gaming experience; not take it a further step backwards. Unbelievable gaming tripe. There is no fun in a grind. Stop making everything a grind. More cloy game destroying nonsense. Another half baked change that will bite back eventually. Appalling gaming concept; the arena is even more worthless as a gaming experience than it was before. Even broken it was basically heaven compared to the drivel you have the termitary to call an improvement. Rubbish. Rubbish. Rubbish.

12 Likes

I don’t think the current mode of selecting a troop combination is in accordance with your aspirations, devs.

17 Likes

My gaming aspirations are elsewhere after this . You created it; you live with it or collapse with it and other nonsense changes , I dont have to; thankfully. Tipping point reached.

3 Likes

I was told there was a patch today but I honestly am not sure I can see a patch here. I would call this something like 5.000002 (since “5.1” hardly qualified either).

Actually by that logic we’re closer to 4.0004-something-ish.

5 Likes

The cascades are ridiculously predictable.

For AI, cascades enough to kill 2 of our troops. For us, cascades sets up for AI nicely.

The best thing about the new Arena is 50 trophies for 5/6 battles. For this, a lot of thanks.

Campaign is chore and I always considered arena one too. Now they want to make it an event. Can’t make this up even if I tried. The few that liked arena now hate it. Nice work devs. I can’t wait to see the rework of maps so I can see those 2 people get upset.

9 Likes

Thanks for the tip but it doesn’t help in my case. I’ve purposely not maxed several pets, even though I have enough copies and food. This allows the system to potentially give me offers for newer pets from the same kingdom, since I don’t have 2/2 maxed pets.

EDIT: I just realized I could have used GOWDB to tell :open_mouth:.

I’m very happy with the 3 extra daily deals. Thanks for that. Playing arena at least has some useful purpose now.

3 Likes

I am usually quite accommodating in term of patches, fixes, rebalancing, etc., but this arena update is terrible. I gave it a chance and went though it once and I am pretty sure I will not do it again unless needed for the campaign.

I am a late-comer to the game and I have spent some money as I have no problem supporting something that I enjoy. However, I think I will put a hold on spending because updates like this lead me to doubt the direction and future of the game.

That said, I will thank the devs for giving me GoW-free weekend once a month or so.

3 Likes

@Saltypatra Any change to seals gained for winning an arena run?
If we invest time playing the new arena, we should at least be rewarded with some seals (like it was before they were taken away waiting for the rework)

4 Likes

So, Arena rework…more timesink and more monetization with less actual rewards that matter (fyi, trophies don’t ‘matter’ as they can’t be used for anything). Gotcha.

Thank you for fixing background game speed while viewing a troop. That’s literally the only good news I see in this entire patch.

I’m calling it now, the Treasure Map rework is going to require sigils or shop tiers or something to limit how much we play it and there will be some sort of related weekend event. Also, Gems will be removed from the reward table and replaced with Trophies, and completing 5 Treasure Hunts will give you a Flash Offer/discounted Flash Offer.

3 Likes