Invasions and raids more or less the same

Just how long do you morons think it takes to INSTANTLY CHANGE THE REWARDS… GNOMES ANYONE??? that was pretty damn quick, once they seen we might be getting stuff for free, wasn’t it. So please be quiet if you think they couldn’t have at least tweaked the rewards to make it more appealing.

6 Likes

Rude,but 100% right,the positive “bugs” gets fixed instantly,no matter how hard the fix is,so really no reason to keep protecting them.I just dont care,there is always the quit option.

1 Like

Yeah, guild related wars are all the same, including gw.

GW challenges players to use that day’s color troops.
Invasion challenges with using one troop type.
Raid challenges with using one kingdom’s troops.

Exactly the same except for one thing - the possibility of actually finishing the guild-related rewards. It was not difficult for an active guild to finish the raid boss portals. Do the math on what your guild would have to do to get through all twelve stages of this invasion and see if you think that’s at all reasonable. Maybe my math is off, but it looks like if you don’t get valravens in the stage 8 battles, you’ll need every single member of your guild to buy Tier 7 multiple times to get there. Unless something changes drastically after a few battles of stage 8?

1 Like

Guild Wars wasn’t perfect but skull bashing some helpless AI with a Beast team all week is pointless, and it costs you resources to participate.

Guild Wars forced collaboration to squeeze out every last point.

2 Likes

As long as everything is balanced so you buy the same tiers with flawless fights to get to the same point, this is a bonus. Less total fights you have to do.

Looks like a single (regular) orb of Growth. At this point, I’d honestly rather have the 5-15 gems they gave for the other stages. I might reconsider if they weren’t 20 to 1 crafting ratio into majors, though. With Zuul’Goth off the table for me to chase, orbs of growth are entirely worthless at this point.

I personally think we need more voluntary side modes to choose to spend our time when we log onto Gems of War. This latest patch sadly puts the experience even more on raids because the daily(/weekly) boxes needed to be checked off are more time consuming than ever. Boss and Invasion could have been, for example, great month-long reset mini-game modes specific to a player that offered unique and increasing rewards. They could have still used an energy system, but they could have used a better/more appropriate one. They could have still monetized it/made it a gem sink by selling shop tiers or energy refreshes. It could have still had a leaderboard. Except if I decide that personally, nothing on the reward table is worth the time investment let alone the currency entry fee, I’m not hurting other members of my guild. The peer pressure factor may very well be why it is structured to be a guild event and not a personal goal, but that just makes it manipulative and ultimately divisive.

I will agree that running the Vault concurrently with such a time consuming event on the first week of a new patch and a new kingdom while also upping kill limits for weekly event gems all on the same week felt a bit overwhelming. But the game desperately needs more stuff to do… just not more stuff people feel like they have to do.

tl;dr: Gameplay options, not obligations.

12 Likes

If you’re trying to advance progress to the next stage of rewards (“portals” in raid boss terms), losing valravens means fewer battles, means fewer towers, means less progress for the same number of sigils you purchased.

Single orb of chaos. Mine turned into an orb of clans.

I was referring to this reward here, for the individual, for completing the various stages.

Though looking at it again, @venar was probably referring to the reward tab for guild progress, but the post responded to was about the rewards for the individual progressing on various stages. I know that on the reward tab, number 6 offers an Orb of Chaos. Its the same place as portal 4 from the raids. The reward table is a copy-paste of the raid reward table.

Another ptw resource drain. Since that publisher guy got into the game it’s going in a horrible direction.

5 Likes

No Deathmark or random Devour.
something

Invasion is way better than Raid not just because we don’t have RNG mechanics causing frustration, the towers are more unique and it requires a little more strategy once you reach the battles with four towers.

Considering all three Guild Events, Invasion is my favorite so far.

4 Likes

Nope, once I completed that, the Orb was actually a Chaos that turned into a Wisdom for me. Don’t know why the graphic is green.

1 Like

Sorry, you’re right of course. As to the reward table on the Rewards tab, it is not remotely the same. There are now two additional “stages,” and you have to get to 12 now to get the major orb. It looks like the 12 stages total to the same as the 10 portals did. However, with no valravens in stage 8 battles, your entire guild would have to buy tier 7 what, like 5 times in order to get that many towers? Assuming no losses, of course. Honestly, adding valravens only makes it slightly less ludicrous.

The invasion is a far WORSE game mode. The second stage is lvl 20 troops that are fully traited. The bottom guy has 4/5 match and hit your team. At least with the raid I could clear to the boss and do some damage. The invasion I am done for the week.

Everyone gets 4 attack/day,at stage 8 thats 16 points/day,16x30=480/day if everyone is at stage 8,and everyone wins every single match.Someone above me already said that,so that means the max you get is Stage 10 without serious Tier shop buying.I done 1 stage 8 battle with my Tier 4 shop,and a few Valravens,100% win ratio,so the 480/day guild effort is not possible day 1.Whats your opinion about this,because no one reacted to the previous person questioning the stage requirements?
Edit:the 480/day is possible day 1,because more runs due to the shop,sorry about that.Still doesnt change much.

This is exactly the problem devs need to address. For the raid boss, their claim was that if everyone in the guild bought tier 3, you’d get 90% of the rewards, and if several pressed to tier 4 and everyone did well, you could get 100%. For this event, your entire gild can buy tier 4 and you’ll need to do pretty well just to get 9 of the 12 rewards; “stage 10” rewards are completely out of reach.

7 Likes

They addressed gnomes instantly,so i wonder why is this isnt fixed.Is it because no one saw it for some reason?You can see the flaw pretty easily.And the “rewards” are the exact same as in raids,so no reason for these requirements,must be a huge mistake on their parts.

Raids had Minions 1 and Minions 2 required to unlock the closing the portals rewards as the first two reward points, then 10 portals for a total of 12 reward points. Each reward “stage” in Invasion is the same as the comparable reward point in raids.

But, you are correct in that it does appear that you’ll need a lot more tower kills than are available at t3/t4 even with perfect plays with every available sigil and valraven to get even close to the higher reward points, and unlike raids, one high paying player can’t carry very far since they get at most 4 points per sigil. A full guild with full perfect plays throughout and t3 purchases I’m estimating at around 3300-3400 towers, which gets you a bit more than stage 8 reward and sligthly into stage 9. Tier 4 on everyone is an additional 5 sigils x 4 towers x 30 players, for a total of 600 more tower kills, which doesn’t even get you the stage 9 reward. Even a full guild of t5’s doesn’t look like it would be enough to crack the stage 9 barrier. This is significantly less than where you would have been on raids assuming the same (stage 8 would equate to portal 6 being closed, which we did fairly early into raids week with several non-participants, and we made it to p9 on the last day with one member having double the score of the next particpants down, who were t4 purchasers that went the distance), so it doesn’t look like they correctly balanced the reward tables to account for the lack of Valravens progressing through towers. This can be corrected, though, by simply lowering the amount of towers needed to progress through each reward stage so that comperable purchases here get you to comperable stages that they did in raids with good play.

Regardless, this event hinges much more on everyone in the entire guild participating, since you get nothing extra for fighting increasingly powered up towers in the Citadel. Unless, of course, tower kills start being worth more than “one tower” at some point… which I’m not seeing.

3 Likes

I have not done the math myself, but if what you are saying is true and the best rewards are unattainable by a Guild working together at purchasing Tier 3/4 then this needs to be corrected POST HASTE!

Or the ROI needs to be addressed in a MAJOR way. Devs please understand that YOUR “Gem Value” is nowhere near the PLAYER BASE Gem Value.

I don’t mind spending gems if I know that I can recoup them through gameplay, but you have so effectively neutered the gems off this game that now it is becoming increasingly obvious that there is no way for even your most devoted players to stay ahead of the curve… or even near the curve. Again, whether it is intended or not, that IS Pay 2 Win!

And it was GoW’s and the development team’s clear abhorrence to P2W practices that led me to invest enough $ to become VIP 5. And I know from other testimonies that others willingly paid to go well beyond VIP 5 for the same reason. The lack of greed brought out generosity in your playerbase. That bears repeating:

The lack of greed brought out generosity in your playerbase.

Finally, I am an admitted dev HOMER. I love this team and appreciate them for providing me a gaming experience unlike any other in my lifetime and Ive been gaming a looooong time. So, I am willing to trust the assumption that most of these changes in “economy” stem from the PUBLISHER who finally took notice of this GEM (See what I did there? ;P) they had about a year ago and began to push for changes to better monetize a game that was not just blossoming, but exploding with new players.

Devs:
Don’t let the publishers destroy the beautiful game that you have created. Rage against the machine! Fight da’ man! Stand up for what YOU believe is best for YOUR game. We will have your backs!
Hoping for the Best,
efh313

:hugs:

15 Likes

Not sure of the point you’re making in your first paragraph, but if these are comparable it’s only for the first few portals (“stages” of guild rewards, and I will continue to use “portal” nomenclature since they confusingly decided to name both guild reward groups and battle difficulty level “stages”). You must get to portal 12 to get the major orb that was portal 10 before, and likewise they’ve made the other rewards more scattered.

As I said above, a full guild of T4 would get you to portal 9 guild rewards. I’m not going to bother to parse out where your math went wrong, but I’m T4 and 80 towers now. Six more days of 16 points per day puts me at 176, and a full guild of that at 5280. That’s enough for portal 9 if, as I said, your guild does pretty damn well throughout their battles.

Regardless, what it takes to get to the upper-level rewards is so ludicrous that I wouldn’t say this event requires full guild participation. I’d say the only rational response to these rewards is nonparticipation across the board. I’m not paying 1000 MORE gems just to get the stupidly small possible rewards available. If I’d done the math before I paid in, I wouldn’t have bought a single tier. The gems I paid in are worth far more than all of the rewards we could get even if the rest of the guild did the same thing I did. If I were given the option, I’d take my gems back in a heartbeat and hand back all of the “rewards” I got in return.

2 Likes

I got orb of clans for the second time in two weeks, you may as well walk into my house and take the food off my kid’s plate

1 Like