Invasion Weekend: Orcs

This is the case if I’m understanding the future plans correctly.
The variable will be how they handle not having Class Trials anymore.

I hope you’re wrong, but it is consistent with the game’s current direction.

Eventually faction assaults, class events, and bounties will exhaust their supplies of new kingdoms. That leaves five kinds of weekend events: Bounties (repeat), Invasions (repeat), Raids (repeat), Tower of Doom (repeat), and Vault. We could see these on rotation every five weeks, then.

2 Likes

That’s probably true but bounties are a long way off and delves a long long way off. Until that time the schedule is probably going to be a shamozzle.

To my mind, the Dev is the person who codes up the ‘requirement’. Requirements are prepared by a business analyst who has interpreted the wishes of the product owner into something the Devs can work with.
So, I think the Devs have probably done exactly that which was required of them. It’s higher up the chain your ire needs directing. But as you’re already doing a good job there I’ll just say the Devs should probably be cut some slack. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To me… a dev is anyone who helps develop the game. Regardless of which company they work for. Or what part of the game they are in charge of.
I have a supremely hard time believing that the same individual who is responsible for the Invasion Rework is also the one in charge of Council of Blunders.
One made a well balanced decision, the other cost their company money. :man_shrugging:

That’s fine, too. I think it useful to understand what your definition is to avoid the wrong people taking it personally.

I think that’s the issue in a nutshell. Not enough on the staff take their work personal. Video games are both art and entertainment. And passion is a fuel source for what makes them great.
Sirrians passion was once immense for GoW and the game was great. But I fear 505 has made it more a contractual obligation than an inspiration.
I’m paraphrasing here. But according to some devs “Sirrian doesn’t use the forums anymore because of the hostility and death threats” from some mentally ill players. (No one that is mentally well wishes violence upon others. And only those ill would wish death on anyone).

My theory is…Sirrian is the only who still takes it personal. GoW is his child. But unfortunately he can’t guide or control the direction of GoW anymore. So coming and seeing his fans react with such negativity causes him pain. Salty is here as a purifier to try and pass up the feedback with the least amount of toxicity as possible.
But it’s the telephone game at that point.
GoW was best when Sirrian chose to see the feedback for his own eyes. I don’t blame him for stopping.

But without Sirrians great artistic and entertaining mind…GoW will always be a shell of what it used to be… until the servers are turned off.

I truly hope the shit show that 4.8 has/had caused comes off as a wake up call to those who can make a difference. I fear…too many are just collecting a pay check and going through the motions.
Is there any evidence for us not to think that the Captain is asleep at the wheel?

2 Likes

One of the only reasons I stick around is I wonder how many versions in a row people will write this paragraph.

1 Like

The only thing we have to do in this game is match 3 gems. Everything else is just gravy. The rewards, the friendships, the fun: gravy.

Death threats are never cool, nor justified. As for how many versions in a row, my bet would be: For as many versions as there are.

My teams can beat faction teams at level 500, and that was before all the kingom bonus and medal additives. So these top guilds that feel the need to earn every reward out there, even when half of them are sitting on mountains of resources they’ll never use, boggle my mind.

The gravy might not taste as good, but it won’t stop me from eating. Orcs gotta eat, same as the worm. Next GW begins in 16 days. :axe::rage::shield:

Your Major Orbs of Growth and fancy new titles will not avail you. For the Horde.

Edit: The preceding message was not meant in any way to condone the recent 505’d update. 505 is as 505 does. It was merely meant to put things back into perspective. Gravy.

4 Likes

At least when Sirrian gets stressed from reading the forums he can relax in the pool.

sirian

Don’t worry, the devs will pass the savings on to you. If top guilds can’t finish an event, then other guilds will be earning even less stuff. This will only get worse.

Keep in mind- Arena and Treasure maps are being reworked this year.

1 Like

I have hopes for what Arena can become and I dread what will be delivered…

7 Likes

Somehow both Arena and Treasure Maps will end up costing gems to complete/compete effectively. Everything else is a gem sink, these will be as well.

3 Likes

Arena? Absolutely. Don’t think any forum regular doubts that at this point.

Treasure Maps? They’ll likely be similar to Vault Keys in that they will be rare and generally obtainable only as reward prizes from weekly events, major calendar events, and flash offers. Probably will be the next form of assistance for players to catch up to the meta.

You have more faith in the lack of greed in the decision makers of this game then I do.

1 Like

Playing on an alt and highly annoyed by the Easter Towers when Easter is a month away.
Please be more professional in the future. Actually check the event prior to release. These towers make the event last longer than it should and it tells me that that the Orc Invasion must of been during Easter last year. So no one bothered to remove the seasonal towers. Which comes across as lazy and sloppy.

4 Likes

They should just make invasions an individual event. Not everyone has a ton of time on the weekends. At least with the other guild events every member has the whole week to participate to make it more fair.

Sometimes Xmas comes early to Krystara. Some folks don’t enjoy 3 straight Orc events. (5, if they choose to use Orcs as their GW and Doom teams). They have that luxury.

Meanwhile, I must look forward to Grosh-Nak being forgotten and ignored for the next 33 weeks.

And with Easter 3 weeks away, the next possible invasion would happen after. Perhaps the towers will appear then as well, to challenge your alt once again. Krystara is a difficult place to understand at times, with different cultures and traditions. Perhaps “Easter” is a year-long event there, or an occurrence once every five years. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Editors edit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like