Invasion Weekend: Orcs

I guess this means Vor’Karn won the Council of Chiefs event? Never count out the underdog, or underorc in this case.

2 Likes

Regardless of how realistic the numbers may or may not be … this is a recurrence of the same boring troop, which is not great. We have what is essentially a clone of the other Grosh-Nak Orc weapon, create 6 per Orc and deal bonus damage per Orc blah blah … AND … Is anyone tired of running full Orc teams? That’s the whole week now. We already have the dumb world event of RNG ickiness, we then had the class event, and now LOOK ITS MORE ORCS argh.

I will probably just get the weapon somehow, forge or just drop gems on it, and we’ll see about the sigils … likely won’t even touch them, depends if I have a freshly painted wall to stare at or not.

9 Likes

I can only assume a sense of reality has been lost now. I guess people are being punished for having lives, a job, etc. because you’re shafted if you do.

This shows 4.8 is the worst-case scenario I feared:

• A new event that requires even more sigils than the last.
  • Weekend events that require sigils on top of THAT.

I already have a job. It pays me, not the other way around.

6 Likes

This Event also works good without buying any sigils.
the question is: do we have to reach all rewards here?

The new event comes from hell, this is ok for me.

I’m rather thinking the other way around. Why play the new event at all when we can play Invasion instead? I’d rather pay a lot less, gain more rewards and, most importantly, feel like having fun. One “full guild rewards” participation in Council of Chiefs costs more than three “full guild rewards” participations in weekend events, I can’t imagine being stupid enough to spend on it again barring some major design overhaul, both in pricing and gameplay.

9 Likes

I could do this Invasion in my sleep, having three Vol’Karn. What about newer players who don’t even have one?
I bought tier II and forged the weapon.

I don’t feel this format for the event is too bad.

-Veterans have the troop already so they can use less gems and have max/bigger damage output. The weapon itself is not a big deal, but should we expect something better? (At least it’s not ugly as #%&!@ like some weapons we had recently.)

-Newish Players missing the troop would still need to buy tiers to get a better chance at this event EVEN if a NEW tower killer was introduced. And to be honest the Devs COULD still make new siegebreakers that would be actual Siege Engines for each kingdom AND make some new interesting events featuring towers somehow.

But again, all things considered, this format is not so bad. I believe we are just still upset with the other weekly event and with the fact that orcs are lame. Not as lame as the gnolls, but still lame.

2 Likes

Non stop orcs this week. Boring on a previous unprecedented scale. Happy weekend to the devs…they’ve left us with orc shite…go on awryan…flag again

2 Likes

What an crooked approach…they haven’t done anything to make it cheaper or less work. Still requires tier III/IV in the shop for enough sigils, still requires 150+ towers defeated, and still costs the same to play.

I’ll repeat what I said the other day…I hope this game falls apart and gets axed.

My estimate is looking more like 20 members will need to buy Tier 4.

Stage 11 is for sure achievable with 30 member buying Tier 3. So the question is, is a random major orb worth 250 gems? Remember it’s most likely going to be growth or wisdom.

1 Like

When I wrote this I forgot that old invasion stages were 5 battles, now they’re only 3. Old invasion took 64 battles to reach req, weekend invasion takes 50. So 14 battles less. 22% less battles for same rewards but only 3 days instead of 7.

2 Likes

Guys, it looks like the full rewards are cheaper and also of course allow us to obtain more orbs in the same week.

The weekend guild events are actually good for the player because they provide more opportunities to gain their rewards and a portion of these may be gained while spending zero gems. Because weekend events only take ~500 gems to complete, we now have the option of spending what we used to for the same rewards or spending more for twice the rewards. This is good for players!

For me, this goes a long, long way to making Council of Chiefs acceptable.

Invasions :+1:
Council of Chiefs :-1:
Like any other weekend event. Council of Chief (or World Events) and Invasions aren’t going to always be paired together.

Actual thought and consideration was used to balance the Invasion stages and portal rewards.

Council of Chiefs exemplifies how the devs think of us as lab rats to test things on. It it’s current build is a complete an utter failure. And since they were more worried about collecting data than making adjustments mid-week. My advice next month will be…

“Stay safe, stay home, stay well… And stay the Frank away from GoW World Events.”

(Buy up to the weapon tier but don’t enable a single gem more.)

Unless of course the devs in charge of Invasion rebalancing are given the reigns to make World Events fair.

Much like your games art style… clearly some devs are great and some suck at their jobs.
This is said keeping in mind it may be 505 making you suck. Nonetheless…it’s your name being attached to the “work”.

Although this is likely true for now, it is anticipated that all current guild events will become weekend events and all week long guild events will be world events. This will be supported if next month’s world event also has a weekend event but the lack thereof does not exclude it since they may be waiting until all raid boss troops exist.

They still won’t be mutually exclusive.
Invasions weekend happened because this was a “free weekend”.

Unless you have a quote from a dev saying otherwise…
I don’t believe weekend guild events will run concurrently with Vault, Bounties, or Faction Assault weekends.
Class Trial as well but there’s only one left of them.

1 Like

It has either been explicitly stated or highly suggested that tower of doom and raid boss will become weekend events because they will have created all content that is planned for these events. Which are all doom weapons (of which there are six more) and a godslayer for each kingdom (of which there’s, I don’t know, a handful).

If those events continue to occur every four weeks, world events become a hard pill to swallow and my previous comments become less valid since that means we might not have a weekend event during all world events until six months from now. However, I do understand that this will happen, either eventually or immediately.

Event spoilers reveal that invasion events will likely now occur at regular intervals.

That interval is every five weeks versus world events’ every four weeks. This is less than ideal, but I do believe that this is still ultimately better players due to increased reward opportunities. Furthermore and again, we should eventually have weekend events most, if not all, weekends.

However, if this is not the case and these events only occur in the gap left behind by new classes, we have a serious problem and world events are a problem.

I put my pitchfork away just an hour ago and I’m already itching to pull it out again.

1 Like

Correct. They will go in a rotation much like they are now. There will be only weekend event every weekend is what I’m saying.

They won’t be.
Don’t get caught up on Invasions
Guild events… In this case Invasions.
Are now part of the weekend event rotation.

I agree. We agree that TOD and raids will become weekend events and enter the rotation.

The point of contention here is if TOD/raids/events will each individually repeat every 5 weeks or if they will alternate through the same weekend event slot. That is, that there will only be one weekend guild event every five weeks and not one most weeks.

The former is unacceptable given the nature of world events.

I highly doubt they would run 2 weekend events concurrently like Bounty and Invasion. The reason another weekend invasion is scheduled for 24th April is because Raid and ToD aren’t ready for their weekend versions yet.

In other words I think eventually we’ll only see Weekend Invasion once every 15 weeks or so.

1 Like