Invasion (Maugrim Woods)

102 destroyed so far. Currently Level 90 Towers.

Thanks. That’s from our Guild’s Discord-Server :smiley:

1 Like

Are you still having decent luck with this team? I made it to the eighth tower (using Ranger instead of Spirit) and am unable to get past the level.

4 tower fights.

1 Like

I’ve switched it up at the 8th stage. I’m now using:

Sir wulfric
Hopes Crescent
Ranger
Spirit dancer

Ranger is there purely to cover yellow. Hopes Crescent is very effective so using that instead of mang.

1 Like

I was using it in the beginning, but my health was higher than theirs. I’ll switch it out tonight and try to Trait out Spirit Dancer.

I’m using the same troops as MLD (in a different order) and once I’m into the final stage, Hope’s Crescent is one-shotting towers since their starting life is greater than mine. Occasionally, one will survive but Ranger is ideal for picking off stragglers and popping barriers.

2 Likes

What order is that? any banner suggested? I am so horrible at on the fly team composition.

1 Like

No major difference - I have Wuflric, Hope’s Crescent (Archer class), Spirit Dancer, Ranger. Abyssal Banner for me, but I can see an argument for a number of alternatives.

Does archer class even work on towers?

No, I do it for the 50% starting mana (and it is still semi-useful in a couple of my PVP teams).

I reached the point where crescent doesn’t 1 shot. Not sure if I should continue using the same team, or switch it up.

Spirit dancer, archer crescent, sir wulfric, totem guy +2 blue +1 green

Archer and Orbweaver are the only classes that will give you +7 magic, enough to oneshot or nearly oneshot the enemy.
Archer starts with half mana, Orbweaver has 50% chance to summon Giant Spider on damage taken. I am switching to the latter tomorrow.

Ranger is good for destroying barriers and finishing off weakend enemies, Wolf Knight deals true damage on skull matches and has low mana cost.
He also has zero mana conflict with HC and Spiritdancer.

To me, Wolf Knight is > Wulfric. He can bring the enemy to HC-oneshot range either with skulls or with spell, does not conflict with Spiritdancer and has only 8 mana cost.

6 Likes

@netwizard: thanks for the great team suggestion. Went with Orbweaver; when all weakened Wargare all got burned to death, the burning Hero spawned me a Giant Spider on consecutive turns :smiley: Love summoned troops :smiley:

1 Like

OMG Wolf Knight!

That’s pretty left field WOW.

What tower level are you at with that team?

And your comparing wolf Knight with Epic Wulfric I guess?

1 Like

This Invasion MVP is Hope’s Crescent. It will often bring 100 armor 100 health tower down to 5-20 hp. You only need a) something cheap that hits for 20 damage b) something cheap to deal 20 true damage to healthy enemy c) something cheap to get rid of barriers.

Wulfric does not synergize that well with true damage based teams.

1 Like

I understand.

What tower level are you at?

Don’t have access to the game atm. Green towers with true damage were at 90 hp, brown at 103 hp. And I could easily two shot them.

EDIT: image

1 Like

For me at least, 2 skull hits from a tower and wolf knight is dead. (For me he has 42 health, 42 armor. Tower does 50 damage.)

Yeah, I like the idea of Wulfric tanking plus his (minimum) triple damage on skulls is a nice bonus as long as you don’t have a Bastion in front. I’m not having any difficulty filling Dancer, especially if I save Wulfric casts for when they really count.

1 Like

Thanks for telling.

I am at tower level 115.

I am using

Wulfric
Fleshripper(Bard class)
Spirit Dancer
Druid

I was using before level 100

Wulfric
HOPE crescent(Archer)
Spirit Dancer