Interview with Gems developer (parody)

i still think it is better, if the whole playerbase would stop spending money to the game, let’s say for two months.
wishful thinking i know, but maybe 80 or 90% of the paying playerbase would be a great improvement.
and imo the right time is right now: bugs, dungeongate, missing tarots, ninja nerfs (sounds like always, lol), but…kingdom pass and legends reborn aren’t worth the money and new campaign is starting next week!
stop paying money right now!

1 Like

It’s kind of a shame, because the holiday event shop (Lost Souls of Carmina) seemed like a positive, plus the bug fix section of the patch was the most detailed I’ve seen for ages, despite not including the Maze Banner…

5 Likes

hawx we appreciate all you do, but please stop killing yourself for the game. Pull back on the amount of work you do. You don’t need to feel guilty at all.

15 Likes

I love it especially the jab at that youtube guy (that aint me the other one). You need a cynical guy to get the truth not a skinny guy named fat bob or whatever. I also made a similar video to this called dragon crack eggs. Great job!

I wonder if creating a group of people to help split the work would be possible?

That is exactly, what NOT should happen. At least not yet at the current state, where the devs/company keeps refusing to listen to feedback, ninja-fix things, ignore important bug reports and keep lying to us.
It is not our job, to make the game better/easier to understand/have access to. It’s the devs/companys job to take care of that.
Plenty of us offered hundrets of help, feedback, grafics and tools, but none of us get anything in return instead we get the total opposite.

• I.e. they could easily diplay the world event scoring ingame
  • they could add, to the already existing calendar, a new overlay where we can see which events gonna start that specific day and such things, like on taransworld
4 Likes

They could also stop trying to be quirky or whatever and stop changing the scoring system every week.

It’s not innovative, it’s neither fun nor enjoyable - it’s just annoying and needlessly time consuming.

Pick an easy scoring system, e. g. rarity order, and stick with it.

No one cares about the meager story, and no one cares if the troop of the week gives the most points.

But if they insist, just have us play 4 battles, then the troop of the week pops up as the only battle, then 4 again. Something like that. Something easy, and stick with it.

But no, they have to make it needlessly confusing because that’s cute or something. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

…they could be more like @Hawx

Or even better: hire her to be the main Mod/CX person so we get someone dedicated beyond office hours and who prioritizes the playerbase.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Guess you haven’t seen this yet. :cry:

I did: if Hawx was paid to do the countless things she did for the community, maybe she’d be able to keep on doing it for a living, and everyone would benefit, even IP2.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

Yeah maybe. But if she’d want to? I’m not sure I would.

This may not be the best working conditions you could have, caring for the community, trying and probably failing to make your colleagues care, too. Doesn’t sound appealing.

3 Likes

many thanks @foxdvd this one is gold…pure gold.
i watch it almost every day, better than ranting every day here about the devs on forum as it is useless anyway.

3 Likes

You’re getting your wish, at least in part.

Hawx is leaving

and although the timing is a coincidence, I’m going to be semi-absent for probably a couple of weeks.

1 Like

I need to make a “Downfall” parody video of her retirement

I feel like I need to do another one of these for the banned player disaster, compensation and the fact that they are acting like a planned vault event they had pushed back already was actually compensation for their mistake.

9 Likes

It’s still just brilliant and funny to watch – would love a new one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: it would probably be equivalent in size to any new GoW ‘lore’ that’s come out since the first, so right on schedule!